Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is warning others about the dangers of fireworks, days after he had to evacuate his house because of a fire in his bathroom.
Two fire engines were called to the 21-year-old Italian's house in Macclesfield, south of Manchester, just after midnight on Saturday after a fire broke out in a first-floor bathroom caused by a firework.
Promoting a campaign encouraging the safe use of fireworks, Balotelli blamed the incident on a friend, saying ''it was a really stupid thing for him to do.''
The fire began an eventful weekend for Balotelli, who revealed a T-shirt with the message ''Why Always Me?'' after he scored the first of his two goals in City's 6-1 rout of Manchester United on Sunday.