Found September 30, 2012 on
Roberto Mancini says he has a good relationship with Carlos Tevez a year after the pair's dispute in Munich, and is happy it is all over.
The Manchester City striker did not come off the bench with the Blues struggling in the Allianz Arena against Bayern Munich, prompting Mancini to say that Tevez would never play for the club again.
The Argentinean claimed he had misunderstood his manager's instructions but he was subsequently suspended by the club for his actions.
The ramifications of the incident rumbled on throughout last season, with Tevez returning to action in March but he has featured consistently since the start of the current campaign.
"My relationship with Carlos is good," declared Mancini. "I am happy with the way we handled that.
"When we started the season this year he was serious and working well for the first time after four or five years.
"I was happy with his work in pre-season. He played in the first three or four games I am happy with him. These days we don't talk about what happened in Munich. We have talked enough."
Tevez scored in City's first three Premier League games, but is without a goal since the win over QPR at the start of September. Nevertheless, Mancini is confident that the 28-year-old will play a significant role as City battle on the domestic and European fronts.
"Carlos is a top striker, one of the best in the Premier League," added Mancini.
"Things haven't changed. He is still a top player and will be important for us."
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Roberto Mancini has blamed international demands for affecting his Manchester City stars Carlos Tevez and David Silva.
The City manager claimed Tevez's spell away with Argentina impacted on the striker's condition - even though he did not play - and said Silva's drop in form was a result of his efforts for Spain in Euro 2012.
Tevez was left on the bench against Arsenal...
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has given assurances to defender Joleon Lescott, saying: "He is an important player for us."
England centre-half Lescott played a key role in City's Premier League title success last season, but has been dropped for some significant fixtures this term.
The 30-year-old was an unused substitute for the league matches on August 26...
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says he is delighted with Carlos Tevez’s improved attitude this season. The Argentine striker’s career...
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has questioned the penalty decision which went against his team in their 2-1 win over...
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart is staying optimistic despite the reigning Premier League champions' stuttering start to the season.
City are currently without a win in four games in all competitions, marking their worst run since the appointment of Roberto Mancini in December 2009.
Mancini's men, who have conceded 14 goals in their seven games so far, sit four points...
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is relieved the latest in a number of recent "mistakes" did not cost his side at Fulham on Saturday.
The reigning Premier League champions picked up a 2-1 victory by the Thames thanks to substitute Edin Dzeko's goal three minutes from time.
The Bosnia international's goal followed Sergio Aguero's effort late in the first...
Roberto Mancini says he has more than one point to prove ahead of Manchester City’s Champions League home clash with...