Found July 26, 2013 on Fox Soccer:
Bayer Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling has extended his contract by a further two years to tie him to the club until 2017. Kiessling's previous deal was not due to expire until 2015 but that has not prevented Leverkusen from extending it. "Stefan Kiessling has become a top performer at Bayer Leverkusen, a leader and the face of the club," Leverkusen chief executive Wolfgang Holzhauser said of the 29-year-old. "His development since 2006 has been phenomenal. I hope he will finish his career with us." Kiessling, the top scorer in last season's Bundesliga, joined Leverkusen from Nurnberg in 2006 and is delighted to have committed further to the Westphalian club. "I'm really happy," he said. "Bayer is my club and I feel really comfortable here. "Leverkusen has become my home, where my wife and my children are happy. "The environment is also perfect for me from a sporting perspective. "Now I want to make a contribution to make Bayer Leverkusen successful over the coming years." The Uruguayan forward has hinted that he wants to leave Liverpool this summer, leading to speculation that he might be on his way to a club who could offer him Champions League football. Arsenal are currently leading the chase for the 26-year-old and lodged a bid of £40m +£1 earlier this week. But Ayre told a press conference in Thailand, where Liverpool are preparing for a pre-season friendly, that the stance on Suarez had not changed. "The situation with Luis Suarez remains the same," said Ayre. "It's never been our intention to sell Luis. "We have received two separate offers from Arsenal and have rejected both." Liverpool will play the Thai national team on Sunday and Suarez will feature at some point, although he is still short of fitness, having been given time off following the Confederations Cup. Reds boss Brendan Rodgers said: "He's three weeks in schedule behind other players. "But one thing about Luis is he loves to play the game, he loves training and working. I'm sure at some stage of the game, he will play a part." Soldado has been strongly linked with a move to White Hart Lane this summer and Villas-Boas acknowledged earlier this week that the Spain international is one of the players he is monitoring. With only Emmanuel Adebayor and Jermain Defoe as senior striking options, Villas-Boas is looking to bring in another forward before the transfer window closes. However, Villas-Boas conceded there has been no progress in recent days and is unsure whether Soldado will be moving to White Hart Lane. "There is interest in the player, no matter what has happened in the last couple of days," said Villas-Boas. "We are in conversations, in discussions, but that doesn't mean a deal is going to happen for a player that is a quality player. "He has done well in Valencia for the last five seasons and had a good education from the Real Madrid school from where he's from. "He's a player we are interested in having, but I don't have any further developments to give you." Earlier this week, Valencia president Amadeo Salvo told Tottenham they will have to meet Soldado's €30million (£25.8m) release clause after rejecting an initial for the 28-year-old, who has also been linked with Liverpool. "Soldado can go if he wants - for €30million and under our conditions," Salvo said at a club press conference. "Valencia never had any intention of selling Soldado. If he goes then it is because the €30million figure has been met, not a cent less or a cent more. "The buying club will also have to accept Valencia's conditions of payment also. "We agreed to meet Tottenham again to discuss the ways of paying and we did that because we understood that his buy-out clause would be met. "Speaking about ways that deals are paid is normal and this will be done in a way that suits the financial department of Valencia and not that of any other clubs. "We listened to him and we said what we have always said - that the price is €30m, then the boy himself can decide if he leaves and that the conditions of pay are what they are."
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Arsenal preparing yet another bid for Luis Suarez

Arsenal preparing yet another bid for Luis Suarez - originally posted on Soccerlens.comArsenal have refused to give up on Luis Suarez yet, despite Liverpool rejecting both of their offers, and are preparing to lodge a third and final bid for the unsettled striker, reports The Guardian. The Gunners, bolstered by a reported transfer war-chest of £70 million, are keen to land a quality...

Rodgers warns wantaway Suarez

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has told Luis Suarez it would be a career blunder to leave Anfield. The Uruguayan is being pursued by Arsenal, who had a bid of £40million plus £1 for the striker rejected this week. Suarez and his representatives may yet argue that are now in a position to negotiate with the Gunners but Liverpool will try to reject that claim. And Rodgers...

Ayre: We won't sell Suarez

Bayer Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling has extended his contract by a further two years to tie him to the club until 2017. Kiessling's previous deal was not due to expire until 2015 but that has not prevented Leverkusen from extending it. "Stefan Kiessling has become a top performer at Bayer Leverkusen, a leader and the face of the club," Leverkusen chief executive...

Unhappy Suarez remains the prime concern for Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool

Unhappy Suarez remains the prime concern for Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool - originally posted on Soccerlens.comLiverpool maintained their impressive pre-season record so far by beating Melbourne victory 2-0 and in the process earned three victories in a row, without conceding a single goal. In front of a sell-out crowd of 95,000 at the MCG, Liverpool entertained the Australian...

Rodgers urges Arsenal to up bid

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers insists Arsenal must up their bid for Luis Suarez if they are serious about the player. The Gunners put in a bid of £40,000,001 for the striker earlier this week but Rodgers argues that it will take a lot more than that before the Uruguay international is allowed to leave Anfield. "If Arsenal want the player, then they have to produce the value...

ARSENAL BID AGAIN FOR SUAREZ

Arsenal have upped their bid for Liverpool’s Luis Suarez to £40 million plus £1, yes £1. The cheeky bid was made to the Reds as they prepared for their game with Melbourne FC on Wednesday. There is a clause in Suarez’s contract which allows him to talk to other clubs once a bid over £40 million is made. However, Liverpool have the final say on any potential transfer and they...

Why a Luis Suarez Transfer Is Best For Arsenal and Liverpool

“If Arsenal want the player, then they have to produce the value for the player,” Brendan Rodgers said. “There was an offer two weeks ago of £35m. Two weeks later it is now £40m and £1 – I don’t think it is anywhere near what he is worth. But it is two-fold, really. A player may want to go but then somebody has to pay the value of that player. It is not something we...

Gervinho closing on Roma move

Each day we'll bring you the very latest tabloid rumors as the biggest clubs around splash the cash to bolster their rosters. True or not, they're always entertaining... Arsenal expect Luis Suarez to tell Liverpool he wants to leave and so force through a move to the Emirates Stadium. Brendan Rodgers has told Arsenal to put up or shut up after dismissing Arsenal's...

Transfer deadlock goes on for Suarez, Rooney

They are among the world's leading footballers and, unsurprisingly, the most coveted by rival teams. With no competitive matches in Europe, it's the intrigue about the futures of Wayne Rooney, Gareth Bale, Luis Suarez and Cesc Fabregas that is largely filling the void during the offseason. European clubs could be on the verge of completing hundreds of millions of dollars...

Wenger will wait for Suarez

Arsene Wenger has revealed he is prepared to wait for his transfer targets as he claims Arsenal can win the Premier League title with or without new signings. The Gunners have already put in a £40,000,001 bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez but Wenger is relaxed about the lack of progress on the deal and is not expecting transfer activity ahead of the Emirates Cup next weekend...

Up in Smoke: John Henry and Arsenal’s Bid for Luis Suarez

John Henry Twitter profile picture (@John_W_Henry) Earlier this week on Tuesday Liverpool’s owner, John Henry, responded to Arsenal‘s bid for his star striker, Luis Suarez. After Arsenal upped their initial offer to £40 million and £1 ($60,000,001) buyout, Liverpool scoffed at the offer. The approach triggered a clause in the Uruguayan’s contract which not only tells him...

Liverpool to Hijack Tottenham Move for £26m-Rated Spanish International Striker

Reds will need to act fast though if they wish to steal Spaniard from under Spurs’ noses. Liverpool are planning to hijack Tottenham Hotspur’s long-running move for coveted Valencia front man Roberto Soldado reports the Daily Mirror. The Reds are currently on the look-out for a new striker to replace their departing Uruguay international Luis Suarez who has told the Merseyside...

Report: Bale asks for Real move

Arsene Wenger has revealed he is prepared to wait for his transfer targets as he claims Arsenal can win the Premier League title with or without new signings. The Gunners have already put in a £40,000,001 bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez but Wenger is relaxed about the lack of progress on the deal and is not expecting transfer activity ahead of the Emirates Cup next weekend...

Lindegaard lauds 'good' Woods

Arsene Wenger has revealed he is prepared to wait for his transfer targets as he claims Arsenal can win the Premier League title with or without new signings. The Gunners have already put in a £40,000,001 bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez but Wenger is relaxed about the lack of progress on the deal and is not expecting transfer activity ahead of the Emirates Cup next weekend...

AC Milan’s Kevin Constant Walks Off Pitch After Racial Abuse : Daily Soccer Report

AC Milan soccer player Kevin Constant walked off the pitch during a pre-season friendly yesterday after allegedly being racially abused. Milan was playing Sassuolo. Constant, who plays in midfield for the Serie A club, walked over to take a throw-in, but was on the receiving end of abuse from spectators in the crowd. He then stormed off after talking to the match referee. The Italian...
Soccer News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.