Found July 20, 2013 on
Pro Sports Daily:
According to reports which have since been denied, Arsenal playmaker Santi Cazorla is wanted back in Spain by Atletico Madrid as Manchester United attempt to swoop for former Gunners captain Cesc Fabregas.
Whilst Atletico Madrid club president Enrique Cerezo has officially denied the club are interested in bringing the Spaniard back to his homeland, it does make for an interesting dilemma.
Meanwhile, Manchester United have reportedly upped their initial £25 million offer to Barcelona for Cesc Fabregas, Arsenal’s former skipper and midfield playmaker.
It’s purely speculation, of course, but hypothetically I wonder whether Gunners fans would keep Cazorla over a potential Fabregas return. I repeat, it’s hypothetical, but which one of the two players would Arsenal prefer?
Fabregas wasn’t just a player, or even just a captain, he was and remains a fans’ favourite and a legend. Even though he left and returned to his boyhood club in Catalonia, he is still very well regarded in North...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Manchester United have tabled an improved £30million plus add-ons bid for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
United boss David Moyes has admitted signing a new midfielder is his priority ahead of the the new season, although the Spanish club have warned the Premier League champions off the former Arsenal man, who rejoined Barca in 2011 following eight years in north London.
Manchester United have reportedly made an improved bid of £30million plus add-ons for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas, according to Sky Sports.
The Red Devils are not giving up the chase for the Spanish midfield maestro despite the fact that the Barcelona vice-president says that Fabregas is non-transferable. United may feel there’s an opportunity to lure Fabregas away now...
Cesc Fabregas has been telling pals he will only return to the Premier League with Arsenal - even though Manchester United are super-confident of signing him , write David McDonnell in Sydney and John Cross in Nagoya.
Former Gunners captain Fabregas says his first priority is to stay at Barcelona, but his attitude will change if the Catalans accept a bid from United.
Manchester United have upped the stakes in their bid to sign Cesc Fabregas.
Manager David Moyes is prepared to break the club’s transfer record after making a new £30million, plus add-ons, offer to lure Fabregas from Barcelona.
And Fabregas will be told by United that he can double his £100,000-a-week wages by moving to Old Trafford this summer.
The midfielder will consider...
Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartomeu has warned Manchester United that Cesc Fabregas is not for sale.
United have tabled a bid for the former Arsenal midfielder as David Moyes looks to lure him back to the Premier League.
The Red Devils have made Fabregas one of their top targets this summer as they aim to add some creativity to their midfield.
Moyes revealed earlier...
Barcelona have told Manchester United to stop wasting their time over Cesc Fabregas, labelling the ex-Arsenal man as 'completely non-transferable'.
David Moyes has made a £26m bid for Fabregas and, speaking from the club's tour in Australia, he claimed he would have information regarding the move in 24 hours.
The United manager is eager to sign the Spain international...
Manchester United manager David Moyes has confirmed that the club has made a second bid to try to sign Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.
A reported £25million bid for the 26-year-old midfielder was made last week. And on Saturday, we reported that Manchester United had put in a £30million bid for Fabregas plus add-ons.
Today, Moyes offered more information regarding the second bid...
Barcelona’s club vice-president has ruled out Cesc Fabregas leaving the Spanish club this summer.
“Barca can ensure they will not entertain any offers for Cesc,” said Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu, as quoted in The Guardian newspaper. “He is completely non-transferable.”
Bartomeu’s words are consistent with what Barcelona manager Tito Vilanova said a...
David Moyes has confirmed Manchester United have made a second bid for Barcelona and Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
United confirmed last Monday that they had made a first offer for the former Arsenal star, and manager David Moyes said at a press conference in Yokohama today that a second offer had been lodged.
Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward returned to the UK ahead of schedule...