Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder would welcome a move to the Premier League, according to his agent.
The 28-year-old Holland midfielder is being chased by a number of Europe's top clubs and, although his representative Soren Lerby dismissed speculation linking him with QPR, may opt for a switch to an English club.
Lerby told BBC Sport: "He is absolutely not interested in QPR and we haven't heard directly from anyone there.
"England probably has the top league in Europe, so it could appeal, but Wes would want to play for a top team."
Sneijder is currently embroiled in a contract dispute with Inter and has not played for the Milanese giants since September 25 - despite regaining fitness over two months ago.
Lerby added: "Wesley is one of the best midfielders in Europe. He is fully recovered from injury and just loves to play football, so we need to find a solution to his situation with Inter.
"It's a very, very strange situation for all of us. We should know a lot more in the next week to 10 days."
Tottenham have been tipped as Sneijder's likely destination in the past but Spurs announced they will sign midfielder Lewis Holtby from Schalke in the summer and Moussa Dembele has been in impressive form since arriving at White Hart Lane.
Former Spurs boss Harry Redknapp had earlied claimed he had been offered the chance to take Sneijder to Loftus Road this month.
"I was asked by one agent if I wanted to sign Sneijder," said Redknapp.
"Of course I do. However, he's on about ?200,000 a week and now he wants to join QPR?
"I won't name the agent, but let's just say I think a deal is unlikely."
The duo were integral to the Red Devils' promotion campaign last season and have continued their form for Richie Barker's outfit this term.
Chief executive Richard Low told the club's official website: "We were expecting interest in a number of our players during the transfer window because of our performances this season and I imagine that will continue throughout the next few weeks.
"A Championship club has come in for both Hope and Kyle but their offers don't come anywhere near our valuation for either player."
Meanwhile, striker John Akinde has been told he can leave during the transfer window, after making just 10 substitute appearances this season.
The 26-year-old scored six times in 22 starts for the seventh club of his career but did not feature in the last two matches and is now a free agent.
"We're parting on good terms and after a discussion with Chris it was agreed a move was the best thing for all concerned," manager Mark Yates told the club's official website.
"I think we all accept the move didn't work out - sometimes these things happen in football - and we wish him all the very best for the future."
The club also announced fellow winger Jake Taylor will be available to face Everton on Monday night after the club extended his loan stay from Reading for a further month.
The Wales Under-21 international played eight times for the club since arriving in November.