Found December 20, 2012 on
Ring Side News:
New Age Outlaws
The Great Khali
Alberto Del Rio
- As noted before, the December 17th WWE RAW with The Slammys scored a 2.87 rating with 4.22 million viewers. The 2011 Slammy Awards did almost identical numbers with a 2.84 rating and 4.11 million viewers. In 2011, those numbers were considered really bad but this year they're considered really good.
In the segment breakdown, Kaitlyn vs. Eve Torres plus the return of The New Age Outlaws for a Slammy presentation gained 130,000 viewers from the opener. Kofi Kingston vs. Tensai and the Best Kiss Slammy lost 28,000 viewers. David Otunga vs. The Great Khali lost 328,000 more viewers. The Ric Flair segment with John Cena, CM Punk and Paul Heyman gained 605,000 viewers for a 3.20 quarter rating at 9pm.
The end of the brawl with Flair, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Ryback and The Shield plus JTG vs. Brodus Clay lost 588,000 viewers. The LOL Moment Slammy plus Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes gained 147,000 viewers. The hashtag Slammy and the segment with Big Show, Sheamus and Ziggler trying to cash in gained 122,000 viewers. Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal vs. Tommy Dreamer, Alberto Del Rio and The Miz lost 502,000 viewers for a show-low 2.64 quarter rating. Plus this was the 10pm quarter that almost always gains.
Antonio Cesaro vs. Ryback plus the Match of the Year Slammy with Triple H gained 113,000 viewers, a number that has to be considered a disappointment. John Cena and Vickie Guerrero vs. AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler gained 510,000 viewers for a 3.00 overrun rating.
Hot New Shots of Trish Stratus Working Out + Possible Opponents for The Undertaker...
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
BEST OF MAXIM
The WWE Universe welcomed Ric Flair the second they saw him strut out on the Slammys during WWE RAW. Unfortunately that welcome may be a bit premature as new reports indicate that Flair only appeared on a one-show deal.
- Here is the latest episode of WWE’s Backstage Fallout from last night’s RAW:
- As seen on last night’s RAW, it appears that Ric Flair is back with WWE for the time being. Flair had reportedly been in talks to be the spokesman for more lotteries. WWE likely wouldn’t want one of their contracted performers doing something like that so it’s possible that those lottery talks...
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
– Monday’s RAW saw the return of Ric Flair to WWE, who presented the “Superstar of the Year” Slammy Award and encountered CM Punk, Paul Heyman and The Shield. It has been speculated that with his return to WWE television, he is affiliated with the sports-entertainment organization again. That is not the case as he has not re-signed with...
Tommy Dreamer posted the following comments on Twitter, including photo links, which feature his trip to the emergency room. Dreamer posted some images, some a little graphic, of himself being treated. Dreamer had a swelled forehead and an open wound that needed stitches…
“Didnt plan on a trip to the ER today Had complications from @theshieldWWE beat down. Head swelling plus...
- As seen on Monday’s RAW, Ric Flair made his return to WWE. His return was something that had been scheduled for a few weeks but what his role would be was changed several times. Vince McMahon himself reportedly opened lines of communication with Flair about a month ago. They even discussed doing one angle that would have introduced his daughter, NXT Diva Charlotte.
There is nothing...
- Kenny King and King Mo appear to be aligning together for a possible new tag team in TNA. Embedded below is a promo with the duo training at the Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas.- Embedded below is the Christmas episode of “The List” which features Robbie E and Robbie T.- Erc Bischoff commented on Ric Flair’s return to WWE writing on Twitter, Very happy for Ric Flair.
- WWE’s website spoke to Ricky Steamboat and Gene Okerlund about returning on last night’s RAW. Steamboat talked about how Ric Flair’s return was a big surprise to everyone backstage.
- WWE.com also spoke to Ric Flair after returning on last night’s RAW. Flair says he was overwhelmed and loves being a part of everything. Flair called WWE the best place and the only place...
- As noted before, Tommy Dreamer suffered some swelling after his angle with Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns on Monday’s RAW. Dreamer had to visit the emergency room on Tuesday due to complications. He posted the updated photo on Thursday morning:
“Just went to the mirror & this is what I see F*CKING PISSED @theshieldWWE swelling is bad”
- As of last word,...
- John Cena praised The Rock in response to one of Rock’s daily inspirational messages on Twitter, writing, “can’t believe I’m doing this but couldn’t say it better myself.” The Rock’s tweet read, “When you succeed – embrace & enjoy it. When you fail – honor & respect it.”
- Rick Flair commented on his return to WWE on Twitter, writing,”WHAT A GREAT...
- As noted before, the December 17th WWE RAW with The Slammys scored a 2.87 rating with 4.22 million viewers. The 2011 Slammy Awards did almost identical numbers with a 2.84 rating and 4.11 million viewers. In 2011, those numbers were considered really bad but this year they’re considered really good.
In the segment breakdown, Kaitlyn vs. Eve Torres plus the return of The New Age...
- Here is the latest episode of WWE's Backstage Fallout from last night's RAW:
- As seen on last night's RAW, it appears that Ric Flair is back with WWE for the time being. Flair had reportedly been in talks to be the spokesman for more lotteries. WWE likely wouldn't want one of their contracted performers doing something like that so it's possible that those...
Ric Flair returning permanently?:
Although it’s a given that Ric Flair will be back under WWE contract eventually, his appearance last night on Raw was not in an official capacity and he has not signed a deal.
As previously reported, the Hall of Famer cannot return until the TNA/WWE lawsuit wraps up. TNA have alleged that WWE received classified reports about their talent roster...