Found April 29, 2013 on
There’s still no word from within WWE on John Cena’s injury but a report from the European tour notes Cena was working with a bruised heel.
Cena’s Achilles injury was believed to happen back on April 21st in Geneva, Switzerland, where he defeated Ryback in a Tables Match.
Cena continued to work the European tour but was put in six-man matches with Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Ryback, Big E Langston and Dolph Ziggler. The injury is also why Cena was protected at RAW in London and didn’t have to work the dark main event.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- John Cena tweeted the following about his injury on Sunday:
“Finally home from a great European tour. I’m banged up, but I’m not going to miss Monday Night #Raw.”
- Jim Ross published a new blog at jrsbarbq.com and mentioned Cena had been hurting for days:
“WWE.com reporting that WWE Champion John Cena has sustained an injury while on the European Tour. The report states...
– WWE Monday Night RAW is live tonight from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. Advertised for the show is a 2 on 3 tag team match between the Shield against WWE Champion John Cena & Ryback. Despite suffering an injury on the recent European tour, John Cena will appear live tonight. With the injury article on WWE.com, you can expect Cena to address it in a promo on RAW...
WWE sent out the following today…
WWE® SUPERSTAR JOHN CENA® CELEBRATES WORLD WISH DAY WITH MAKE-A-WISH CHILDREN LIVE ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW®
WWE Superstar John Cena celebrated World Wish Day on Monday, April 29 with three wish kids that attended Monday Night Raw live in Columbus, OH. Logan Parks of Stanton, Kentucky, Jacob Lawson of Hutchinson, Minnesota and Nicholas Santillo of...
WWE announced Monday night before the start of Raw that John Cena is still scheduled to team with Ryback against The Shield in a handicap match. Cena is reportedly battling an Achilles injury.
- WWE is reporting that John Cena has been injured during WWE’s European tour. Here is what they posted:
“WWE.com has learned that WWE Champion John Cena sustained an injury during WWE’s European tour. The WWE Champion injured his right Achilles tendon while battling Ryback.
The injury raises questions about the scheduled match between Cena and Ryback at Extreme Rules on May...
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
WWE creative have been on the money with The Shield. They have been booked better than any newcomers in recent memory yet at the end of the day I am starting to wonder what the end game here is for Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns.
- WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross published another blog entry and wrote the following about John Cena’s injury.
“Cena worked through his injury while in Europe which many would not have done but I’m under the impression that he’s pushed it about as far as he can at this point in the process.”
- Zack Ryder has posted tweeted a new photo of his long hair he seems to be growing...
Join us tonight at 8pm EST for live coverage of WWE RAW from Columbus, Ohio with John Cena & Ryback vs. The Shield and more. Coverage begins when RAW hits the air so stay tuned…
Live Photos from RAW Tonight, Possible Spoiler on The Shield, Revealing New Diva Action Pics, Big Rumor on Team Ziggler, More…
John Cena injured but will be at RAW, Mick Foley on if Rock should keep wrestling, Triple H puts over The Shield, and Scott Hall surgery update.
- John Cena made an appearance on Today’s Kathie Lee & Hoda show to grant eight-year-old Nick Santillo, who was born with just half a heart, his wish of meeting the WWE Champ. Embedded below is footage from the appearance.
- Washington Wizards center Jason Collins told Sports Illustrated that he’s gay. The Rock commented on Collins’ decision to come out, writing on Twitter...
WWE Smackdown TV taping report
April 30, 2013
Report by Ron Roberts, PWTorch reader
Ryback came out to a decent pop and cut a promo about John Cena being hurt. He said the Law of Nature dictates that only the strong survive, and the crowd answered with an annoying “What?” chant.
(1) Ryback beat WWE tag champion Daniel Bryan with Shell Shock. Ryback...
- Michael Cole shared a photo of himself and JBL hanging out with the Columbus crew of MLS on Twitter.
- Titus O'Neil posted a new Tout video announcing that the Prime Time Players will be training with the Ohio State University before Tonight's Raw.
- WWE Diva AJ Lee commented on tonight's Raw event, writing on Twitter, "Raw tonight starring Ziggy, E, and myself...