Found September 11, 2013 on
Between The Ropes:
WWE.com is reporting that Jim Ross has announced his retirement. After a 20 year career with the WWE, he has decided to focus more on his “personal business endeavors.” ‘Good Ol JR’ got his start in the business as a referee, working for NWA. From there, he became a play-by-play announcer for Mid-South territory, rejoined with NWA in the same role, and stayed in the company until it became WCW. His tenure with WCW, and thus Eric Bischoff, was tumultuous to say the least. Ross demanded his release in 1993. This led to the greatest chapter of his career. Jim Ross signed with WWF in 1993, and made his on-screen debut at Wrestlemania IX. Vince McMahon fired Ross in 1994; however, with McMahon in legal trouble at the time and unable to commentate, he was forced to re-hire Ross later that same year. His career hit many great heights. Jim Ross shared a personal friendship with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin behind-the-scenes, and is known as the voice of the popular “Attitude Era.” He al...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
While he won’t be back in the ring until next year, John Cena may be coming back to TV next month as we noted earlier. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Cena reportedly wants to make appearances to promote the company’s campaign with Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Cena was heavily involved last year.
As for Cena’s rehab process...
Because WWE is currently featuring the hottest babyface that we have seen in years, a guy who is blowing the roof off every time he’s in the ring. He has heart, integrity, toughness; he is a real man’s man. He never gives up and he never backs down.
As noted earlier, WWE announced that Jim Ross is retiring from the company. Ross met with Vince McMahon earlier today, and the decision was made to end his tenure with the company. WWE’s reason for Ross’ departure is that he wants to “focus on his personal business endeavors.”
The final decision was made by Vince McMahon, and it’s being said that Ric Flair’s unruly behavior...
What a sad state of events for the company, which should be working to out do itself each and every week, like it did years ago.
- WWE has released a new Edge t-shirt to go with his return to TV this week:- As noted earlier, John Cena’s absence from an upcoming WWE tour of Spain was one of the reasons why it was canceled. Another factor in the cancellation was that the network that was airing WWE programming has shut down, cutting them off from promotion of the tour.The post Update on WWE Canceling Upcoming...
- WWE has added legendary manager Jim Cornette to the Alumni section on WWE.com.
- The pre-sale for the November 26th SmackDown taping at the Mohegun Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT started today and runs through this Friday at 10PM. Tickets can be purchased here using the pre-sale code WWE2013.
- The pre-sale has started for the post-Hell In A Cell Raw on Monday, October 28th at the...
- Embedded in the video below, WWE Superstars discuss Ben Affleck as Batman and reveal the most disgusting food that they’ve ever tried. Antonio Cesaro mentions that he tried pig brain once.
- WWE published an article listing the 15 greatest pay-per-views of all time. WrestleMania 17 (Steve Austin vs. The Rock) topped the list, followed by Money in the Bank 2011 (CM Punk vs. John...