Found March 10, 2013 on
Ring Side News:
- John Cena and Stephanie McMahon talked about WWE's use of social media at the SWSX convention in Austin, Texas yesterday. Here is a photo of them on the panel and highlights:
* WWE's biggest reach over social media comes from Facebook.
* Cena said he wasn't sure about using social media at first, because of letting fans "behind the curtain" but soon saw potential in it. Cena handles his own account and said he didn't want to hand over control to someone else. Cena said he doesn't tweet all day because he wants his messages to be authentic.
* Stephanie estimated that WWE has increased their revenue by 25% thanks to social media. She was nervous about joining Twitter with her own account. She decided to show a mix of her personal life, her WWE character and her role as a WWE executive.
* WWE provides general guidelines for their talents on Twitter and Facebook, like not to drink and tweet.
* There is a special area backstage where the WWE talents can tweet either before or after their match.
* Stephanie noted that Vince McMahon has a big vision for WWE's social media use.
* WWE will be revealing a new distribution platform for WrestleMania 29 next week.
Big News on The Rock vs. CM Punk, Stephanie Getting Involved on RAW?, More
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- In the Tout below, John Cena reveals that his new yellow t-shirt is a live event only shirt:
- In this Tout, The Bella Twins comment on their return to WWE and tease a possible appearance for SmackDown:
Busty New Lingerie Photos of The Bella Twins + What’s Next for Lesnar…
- John Cena and Stephanie McMahon talked about WWE’s use of social media at the SWSX convention in Austin, Texas yesterday. Here is a photo of them on the panel and highlights:
* WWE’s biggest reach over social media comes from Facebook.
* Cena said he wasn’t sure about using social media at first, because of letting fans “behind the curtain” but soon saw potential in...
- Like at recent live events, Ricardo Rodriguez appeared on the big screen at RAW and challenged the fans to see if they could say Alberto Del Rio’s name longer than he could when Del Rio made his entrance.
- Fans in attendance at last night’s RAW in Indianapolis noted that Drew McIntyre had to be helped to the back by WWE officials after the in-ring segment with Ryback and Mark...
- Here is WWE’s special preview for John Cena vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 29:
- Chris Jericho tweeted the following about his Highlight Reel segment on last night’s RAW:
“Haha I’ve never been in a segment that has split opinions so decisively between “awesome” and “awful!!” I’ll go with “fun!” #HighlightReel”
- Evan Bourne was asked by a fan on Twitter how...
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
– Stephanie McMahon quoted her father in a tweet. She wrote: “‘You can’t be traditional in a non traditional world’ – Vince McMahon in a meeting yesterday re: embracing digital culture in business”
– Here are some recent attendance figures for WWE events from March 1 to March 5, 2013.
* 3/1 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada...
- As noted before, the March 4th old-school edition of WWE RAW did a 3.52 cable rating with 5.01 million viewers, the second best numbers of the year. RAW was the highest rated show on cable for the night, even beating out Pawn Stars.In the segment breakdown, the first segment, after The Undertaker opened the show, with CM Punk and Paul Heyman, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show opened...
- This year’s Royal Rumble garnered approximately 498,000 buys according to new data from WWE. That’s about a 14% increase from the 2012 Royal Rumble, which did 438,000 buys.
The Rumble did 322,000 buys in North America and 176,000 internationally. The event was headlined by The Rock defeating WWE Champion CM Punk and John Cena winning 30-man Royal Rumble match.
- Brock Lesnar...
- TNA President Dixie Carter announced on Twitter that Lockdown has come TNA’s biggest selling US Event.
“San Antonio’s #Lockdown just officially became the biggest selling US Live Event for TNA. Thanks!! Now how about making it the biggest ever?”
- Thursday’s episode of Impact Wrestling show scored a 1.13 cable rating and averaged 1.43 million viewers. It was the last...
- WWE opened up all of their live events this weekend with the Paul Bearer tribute video.- With Rey Mysterio out of action and Kofi Kingston doing promotional work, CM Punk’s opponent for Friday and Saturday’s RAW live events was Zack Ryder. Fans in attendance noted that Punk squashed Ryder, who got in no offense at all. Punk ended the match by crossing Ryder’s arms over his...
- Stephanie McMahon tweeted the following line from Vince:
“”You can’t be traditional in a non traditional world” – Vince McMahon in a meeting yesterday re: embracing digital culture in business”
- WWE Champion The Rock has now agreed to work a number of post-WrestleMania dates for WWE, including the May 19th Extreme Rules pay-per-view in St. Louis.
- After the recent...
- We noted before that WWE has signed Swedish arm wrestling champion Sarah Backman to a developmental deal. She revealed on Twitter that she will be headed to NXT this summer when her visa is ready. Here is a video of Backman in action earlier this year:
- Stephanie McMahon revealed at this weekend’s SXSW event that they have changes planned for the WrestleMania 29 YouTube pre...