Found September 17, 2012 on
- The official WWE website announced Monday at 3:55 p.m. that Jerry “The King” Lawler has been released from a Montreal hospital and will be heading home in the next several days after suffering a heart attack last Monday.
“We continue to wish Jerry all the best, and we look forward to him returning to WWE in the future,” the sports-entertainment organization notes.
- Former WWE Superstar John Morrison headlines this Friday’s Big Time Wrestling in Newark, California at Newark Pavilion. (Event Information)
- The October issue of WWE Magazine features Randy Orton as he reflects on his successful career. The official WWE website has released a preview of their interview with The Viper, who dubs him “The Anti-Superstar.”
The article states, “In Orton’s mind, the fall from the top began when the fans stopped being afraid of him. Back in his hell-raising days as the wild-eyed, volatile IED-driven powerhouse, he could turn a fan’s legs to liquid with one cold stare—an...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- The September 14th episode of WWE SmackDown scored a 1.96 cable rating with 2.69 million viewers.
- The referee who "screwed" CM Punk in the main event of last night's RAW was Brad Maddox. Maddox has been refereeing in WWE developmental and on WWE TV a lot more lately. Maddox is a former FCW 15 Champion and a two-time FCW Tag Team Champion.
- Sources close to Randy...
Jim Ross posted a new blog on JrsBarBq.com. Here are some highlights.
Jerry Lawler wrestling again: “I do know that if King can wrestle that he will. Jerry is a wrestler first and an announcer second as being a wrestler is what he’s done for 40+ years and I seriously doubt that he’s ready to hang up his boots. Every indy promoter will be frothing at the mouth to book King even...
- The internal reaction to JBL’s commentary at Night of Champions was positive. The feeling was that he started off rough and had some mistakes but did very well. JBL spent some time backstage brushing up on characters and storylines.
As noted earlier, JBL will be working tonight’s RAW but at last word, that was all the confirmed dates he has with WWE but obviously that could...
- WWE’s shop website is now selling the “Long Live The King” shirt for Jerry Lawler that Michael Cole wore on last night’s RAW. They are also selling new Superstar Lifetile necklaces and the 2013 WWE wall calendar with CM Punk, John Cena and Randy Orton on the cover.
- In an update from last night’s RAW, the fan who was accidentally thrown the live microphone by Ryback...
John “Bradshaw” Layfield posted the following on his Facebook page.
Had a blast filling in for Jerry Lawler last night at Night of Champions, really rusty-but was wonderful to be back.
I’m off to Africa Friday to climb the highest peak, Kilimanjaro, to raise money for the kids program I started in Bermuda-working with great folks there to make a difference.
I was asked Thursday...
Partial Source: Pwinsider
– JBL is backstage at the Night of Champions PPV. The word is he is set to fill in for Jerry Lawler on commentary for tonight’s event. He’s also scheduled for tomorrow night’s RAW but that could change.
– Jim Ross is also in Boston for the show. No word on if he’ll be appearing alongside Michael Cole and JBL.
– Lita is also backstage in Boston...
- WWE cameras caught up with Jim Ross at last night’s RAW. Ross said he wishes he would have returned under different circumstances but had a great time working with JBL and Michael Cole. Ross said Jerry Lawler surviving his heart attack was a miracle. Ross said if Lawler had been anywhere else, things may have been different. Ross credited WWE and Dr. Sampson.- During a RAW commercial...
- Dustin Rhodes will be replacing Jerry Lawler for the big independent wrestling show on September 22nd from Dutchess Stadium in Fishkill, NY. Rhodes will team with former NY Yankees pitcher Joe Ausanio to take on Luke Robinson and Romeo Roselli.
- CM Punk wrote on Twitter yesterday that his way was ruined by American Airlines. Apparently the WWE Champion had some flight troubles...
- Former WWE talent Bill “The Goon” Irwin turns 58 years old today while former NWO member Masahiro Chono turns 49, Jim Cornette turns 51 and Gabe Sapolsky turns 40.
- WWE’s cameras caught up with JBL before Night of Champions hit the air last night. JBL put over Jerry Lawler and said he was proud to keep Lawler’s seat warm until he returns.
- “Goldust” Dustin Rhodes...
- John Cena vs. CM Punk in “Anything Goes” matches and Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro are advertised as the main events of WWE’s upcoming tour of Europe. Other stars advertised to appear are Kane, Daniel Bryan, Tensai, Brodus Clay, Zack Ryder, AJ Lee, Eve Torres and Layla.
The advertised main events for the SmackDown tour of Europe are Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Big...
Credit: Zim & PW Torch.com
After RAW went off the air, WWE set up a steel cage match for the WWE Title.
WWE champion C.M. Punk beat John Cena in a steel cage match to retain the WWE Title. The match ended when Dolph Ziggler and Del Rio interfered, then Sheamus and Randy Orton interfered to even the odds. Punk then slipped out of the cage during the mayhem to retain.