Found September 17, 2012 on
- WWE’s mobile service announced this evening that Jim Ross will fill in for Jerry Lawler at the announce booth tonight on Raw.
Their statement reads, “BREAKING NEWS: Tonight LIVE 8/7 CT on USA Network. Jim Ross returns to Raw announce booth while Jerry Lawler continues his recuperation.”
Raw will feature a three-man announce team since John “Bradshaw” Layfield will also call the action. Joey Styles tweeted, “THIS JUST IN: @JRsBBQ to join @JCLayfield and @MichaelCole on commentary tonight on @WWE #RAW. @JerryLawler headed back to Memphis!”
- Kelly Kelly is ranked No. 13 on Sports Illustrated’s “Top 15 Sports WAGs on Twitter” list. SI Says of the sexy, smart and powerful Diva, “WWE diva Kelly turned heads at SummerSlam last year when she smooched a mystery man at ringside. The mystery man turned out to be Stars defenseman Sheldon Souray, and the two have been an item ever since.”
- In an effort to raise cancer awareness, WWE has changed the link colors on their Twitter page to pink.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Jerry “The King” Lawler admitted that receiving CPR backstage saved his life, and that his ribs are sore from it during a news conference this afternoon in Memphis, TN. Lawler said that he feels fine, and hasn’t had any other chest pains since the heart attack.
He also noted that the heart attack was probably hereditary since he’s never drank or smoked, and that his father...
– Here is the video that aired on RAW featuring Jerry Lawler’s return home to Memphis, TN:
– Here is this week’s “RAW Backstage Fallout”:
- Former WWE talent Bill “The Goon” Irwin turns 58 years old today while former NWO member Masahiro Chono turns 49, Jim Cornette turns 51 and Gabe Sapolsky turns 40.
- WWE’s cameras caught up with JBL before Night of Champions hit the air last night. JBL put over Jerry Lawler and said he was proud to keep Lawler’s seat warm until he returns.
- “Goldust” Dustin Rhodes...
John “Bradshaw” Layfield posted the following on his Facebook page.
Had a blast filling in for Jerry Lawler last night at Night of Champions, really rusty-but was wonderful to be back.
I’m off to Africa Friday to climb the highest peak, Kilimanjaro, to raise money for the kids program I started in Bermuda-working with great folks there to make a difference.
I was asked Thursday...
- WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz spoke with WWE.com after retaining his title at Night of Champions. Miz announced earlier in the night that he would be filing a formal complaint against Booker T. Miz said he will no longer be filing the complaint because he defeated three main event Superstars blind-folded and he’s happy with that. Miz dubbed himself the must most-see Intercontinental...
- The official WWE website announced Monday at 3:55 p.m. that Jerry "The King" Lawler has been released from a Montreal hospital and will be heading home in the next several days after suffering a heart attack last Monday.
"We continue to wish Jerry all the best, and we look forward to him returning to WWE in the future," the sports-entertainment organization...
- A fan on Twitter asked Jim Ross if WWE will do anything to show support for Jerry Lawler on Monday's RAW. Ross replied:
"Likely an update, well wishes, paycheck."
- The match with Sin Cara vs. The Miz on Friday's SmackDown was heavily edited, as you probably could tell by watching the match. Fans in attendance noted to us that it was one of Cara's most-botched...
- Dustin Rhodes will be replacing Jerry Lawler for the big independent wrestling show on September 22nd from Dutchess Stadium in Fishkill, NY. Rhodes will team with former NY Yankees pitcher Joe Ausanio to take on Luke Robinson and Romeo Roselli.- CM Punk wrote on Twitter yesterday that his way was ruined by American Airlines. Apparently the WWE Champion had some flight troubles...
Was Punk’s foot on the ropes? Controversy continues on tonight’s Raw, from Bridgeport, Conn:
- John Cena interrupted Paul Heyman’s interrogation of referee Chad Patton and challenged CM Punk to a rematch from last night. However Alberto Del Rio’s music cut him off mid-sentence. The Essence of Excellence, still flanked by the injured Ricardo Rodriguez, wasted no time in...
- John Cena vs. CM Punk in “Anything Goes” matches and Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro are advertised as the main events of WWE’s upcoming tour of Europe. Other stars advertised to appear are Kane, Daniel Bryan, Tensai, Brodus Clay, Zack Ryder, AJ Lee, Eve Torres and Layla.
The advertised main events for the SmackDown tour of Europe are Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Big...
- Former WWE talent Bill “The Goon” Irwin turns 58 years old today while former NWO member Masahiro Chono turns 49, Jim Cornette turns 51 and Gabe Sapolsky turns 40.- WWE’s cameras caught up with JBL before Night of Champions hit the air last night. JBL put over Jerry Lawler and said he was proud to keep Lawler’s seat warm until he returns.- “Goldust” Dustin Rhodes says...
- WWE Legend The Honky Tonk Man wrote the following about filling in for Jerry Lawler on RAW commentary:
"Who would want to see HTM do commentary just for one night only to fill in for The King and help #WWE out?"
Roddy Piper doesn't agree that HTM would be a good fill-in and says he would take the job:
"I would stand in for The King on commentary till he gets...