Found February 18, 2014 on
- Prior to last Monday’s Raw in Los Angeles, Steve Austin recorded a podcast with John Cena, and below are some of the highlights from their hour-long chat:** Cena challenged the WWE locker room to be creative about ideas for their characters and unafraid of rejection.“It’s not that what we have isn’t good. I think we have a locker room full of very, very talented Superstars. But, I also think we have a locker room full of Superstars who are fearful for their employment. And, they’re not willing to take that one step,” Cena said.“I don’t get a mad at a lot nowadays. What really frustrates me is when I see a guy with all of the tools or next to all of the tools who is afraid to take that leap of faith.”** Cena denied that he “hogs the spotlight” or impedes the breakout of new stars, saying that he wants to work alongside wrestlers to create multiple stars for the crowd to engage with.“I’ve been able to look at this product objectively. I take myself out of the equation,” Cena said.
BEST OF MAXIM
- Thanks to Raj Giri of WrestlingINC.com, who is at tonight’s RAW in Denver, for the following:
After tonight’s WWE RAW in Denver went off the air, it came down to Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, John Cena, Cesaro and Dean Ambrose in the ring.
Cesaro spun Ambrose around 30 times with a Cesaro Swing. Ambrose finally got up and ate a Brogue kick from Sheamus. Both Sheamus and Cesaro left...
Jim Ross has posted a a new Q&A, here are the highlights…
On Cody Rhodes & Goldust Being “Downgraded”: “Cody’s future at age 28 is as a singles wrestler. Goldust has received a really nice return to WWE and is an asset as well. Goldust would likely make a great coach. I see both Rhodes brothers and the Outlaws as transitional teams who both likely won’t be together...
The post Steve Austin Interviews John Cena appeared first on Wrestling-Edge.
- Zeb Colter and Big E are featured on this week’s Backstage Fallout from RAW:- Below is the latest WWE Network promo:- Steve Austin tweeted the following about last night’s Cesaro vs. John Cena match on RAW:“Helluva damn match between @JohnCena and @wwecesaro. Good ****.”The post Backstage Fallout from RAW, Steve Austin Comments on Cena vs. Cesaro, WWE Network Promo appeared...
- WWE was interested in bringing NXT to broadcast TV this past September but apparently there was no interest from networks and now it's being advertised as a WWE Network exclusive show.
- It's likely that The Wyatt Family will end up costing John Cena the Elimination Chamber match in some fashion, to set up the planned Cena vs. Bray Wyatt match at WrestleMania XXX.
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
One of the ideas currently floating around WWE creative right now is for The Wyatt Family to somehow cost John Cena the victory in the upcoming Elimination Chamber match this Sunday.
As previously reported, the plan for Cena’s match at WrestleMania XXX is for him to face Bray Wyatt in a singles match. The feeling is that something needs...
- Thanks to Raj Giri of WrestlingINC.com, who was at last night’s RAW in Denver, for the following:
After last night’s WWE RAW in Denver went off the air, it came down to Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, John Cena, Cesaro and Dean Ambrose in the ring.
Cesaro spun Ambrose around 30 times with a Cesaro Swing. Ambrose finally got up and ate a Brogue kick from Sheamus. Both Sheamus and Cesaro...
Brian and Steve are back for the last podcast talking WWE Raw including the fantastic match between John Cena and Cesaro, the buildup for this Sunday’s Elimination Chamber PPV including the hot feud between The Shield and The Wyatt Family, the latest in the TV negotiating rights, the WWE Network launch next Monday and more including your questions.
Subscribe to Between The Ropes...
– John Cena beat out the Miz, Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton to win the Rumble Royalty award last night at the Cartoon Network’s Hall of Game Awards.
– Edge was the latest guest on the 30 Years of WrestleMania podcast, which you can check out here.
– The Miami Herald has an article up on Titus O’Neil, which you can read at this link.
– Summer Rae recently spoke with the...
- John Cena won the Rumble Royalty award at the Cartoon Network's Hall of Game Awards. He beat out The Miz, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan.
- The WWE Network received a big endorsement last night as Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III tweeted the following:
"Big @WWE fan growing up. Looking forward to checking out @WWENetwork when it launches on Feb 24! #WWENetwork...
Embedded below are highlights from the February 17, 2014 episode of WWE Raw:
Daniel Bryan vs. Christian
Roman Reigns says he can one-up Dean Ambrose
Daniel Bryan vs. Kane
Santino Marella vs. Fandango
Mark Henry vs. Roman Reigns
Big E vs. Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal - 2-on-1 Handicap Match
John Cena vs. Cesaro
Batista confronts Randy Orton
Sin Cara & Los...
A few more matches were announced on Raw completing the card for this Sunday’s WWE Elimination Chamber PPV. Here is the complete card for that show:
- Elimination Chamber for WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro vs. Sheamus vs. John Cena vs. Christian
- The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family
- Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio
- WWE Intercontinental...
- WWE announced on RAW that Cody Rhodes and Goldust will face Ryback and Curtis Axel on the Elimination Chamber Kickoff Pre-show next Sunday. Darren Young vs. Titus O’Neil was also announced. Here’s the updated card:Elimination Chamber for the WWE World Heavyweight Title Sheamus vs. John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro vs. Christian vs. Randy OrtonWWE Intercontinental Title...
Titus O’Neil vs. Darren Young has been added to the WWE Elimination Chamber lineup. Here is the updated card:
Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- Randy Orton © vs. John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Cesaro vs. Christian
Six-man Tag Team Match
- The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
- Big E © vs. Jack...
– WWE has re-named their “Backstage Fallout” shows. They are now simply known as “RAW Fallout” and “SmackDown Fallout.” A new logo and introduction are also featured.
– WWE.com is currently running a poll asking their fans who they think is the most dangerous Superstar in this Sunday’s WWE Elimination Chamber match. John Cena leads the poll followed by Cesaro at...