Found January 28, 2013 on
Hoop Fantasies Fantasy Basketball Blog:
John Cena's post-Royal Rumble interview didn't involve any cornball comedy. The ex-Champ was focused, saying he'd dwelled on his loss to The Rock at WrestleMania XXVIII and now he's ready to whoop ass.
The Rock-Cena rematch seems like a foregone conclusion at this point. And it's the best option for making piles and piles of money. That's what WWE is in business to do.
Meanwhile, CM Punk is likely get a rematch at the Elimination Chamber. Everybody comes out a bigger star after this -- at least that's the hope.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The planned main event for WrestleMania 29 is John Cena vs. The Rock for the WWE Title, made clear at last night’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view after Cena won the Rumble and Rock won the WWE Title from CM Punk.
This has been the planned direction for a few months and has been listed as the main event in documents given to WWE’s licensing partners.
Things are about to heat up in the WWE as the first ever unified WWE champion is back…baby! Chris Jericho is back and has an intriguing feud lined up for WrestleMania 29.
WWE released the official 2013 Elimination Chamber promo last night:
- Both The Rock and John Cena met with more than a few Make-A-Wish Kids before Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view in Phoenix.Here is The Rock with 14 year old Clayton:Here is Cena and 12 year old Angel:- The feeling backstage at last night’s RAW from Las Vegas was they lost the crowd during the 9pm – 10pm hour as it was a rough hour to watch. The WWE creative team has been...
Partial Source – PWTorch
WWE Raw on Monday, January 28 scored a 3.7, (3.68 to be exact) rating the night after the Royal Rumble PPV, where The Rock captured the WWE Title and John Cena won the Rumble.
The rating was up 21 percent from last week’s Rumble lead-in episode. Other than Raw 1,000 in July 2012, this was the highest Raw rating since the night after WrestleMania 27 in...
The Rock and CM Punk will rematch and headline the 2013 Elimination Chamber PPV in a match that is bound to excite and disappoint fans throughout the WWE Universe. Sorry Internet Wrestling Community but the WWE is about to rub some more salt in your wounds.
Report by Noah Mark & Rajah.com.
After Monday’s WWE RAW went off the air, WWE officials and medical personnel came down to the ring to tend to Vince McMahon. He was stretchered out of the ring while JBL and Michael Cole tended to him, looking very concerned.
John Cena’s music hits and he tells the audience that Vince McMahon is being checked out by WWE doctors and “appears...
According to new data from WWE, the 2012 TLC pay-per-view with John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler plus Ryback, Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns did an estimated total of 170,000 buys. This is down a bit from the 179,000 buys that TLC 2011 drew. An updated number will be released with WWE’s first quarter report.
Here are updated estimated pay-per-view...
- CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena and Ryback is advertised for next week's RAW from Atlanta.
- In an attempt to push ticket sales, The Rock cut a localized promo at last night's RAW for the RAW show on March 25th from Philadelphia. It's been a while since WWE did a localized promo.
- Unless plans change, WWE Champion The Rock will not be at next Monday's...
- Last night’s WWE RAW drew 5.02 million viewers on the USA Network. The final rating for the show is a 3.7 rating. This is up 21% in viewers and 16% in the ratings from last week. This is the first time RAW has topped 5 million viewers since RAW 1,000.
- CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena and Ryback is advertised for next week’s RAW from Atlanta.
- In an attempt to push...
WWE will tape this week's episode of WWE Superstars tonight. Here are the full results.
* Kofi Kingston defeated Michael McGillicutty.
* The Usos defeated Epico and Primo.
EXCLUSIVE: Did John Cena Need To Win The Rumble?
Antonio Cesaro defeats the Miz to retain the US Championship.
^Cesaro and Miz had a very good match, and it should’ve opened the pay per view and not just the pre show. I suspect Cesaro will have a very big year, and I suspect that Miz will continue to try to get over as a top midcard face. With the chemistry that these guys have, I hope this wasn’t the last time we see them...