Found September 18, 2012 on
Ring Side News:
- WWE's shop website is now selling the "Long Live The King" shirt for Jerry Lawler that Michael Cole wore on last night's RAW. They are also selling new Superstar Lifetile necklaces and the 2013 WWE wall calendar with CM Punk, John Cena and Randy Orton on the cover.
- In an update from last night's RAW, the fan who was accidentally thrown the live microphone by Ryback was not ejected by security. As noted before, Ryback threw the mic into the crowd when he was tearing up MizTV. The fan grabbed the mic and began yelling "Goldberg!" before WWE's ring crew chased him down and took it back.
- John Cena vs. CM Punk for the WWE Title is scheduled to main event next month's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view.
- Word is that Vince McMahon recently made the call to take Ryback's character to the next level. By what happened on RAW last night, it looks like he may be headed for a feud with Intercontinental Champion The Miz.
DIRECT LINK: 60+ Pics of Sexy Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes & Alicia Fox with Fans at a Casino!
Partial source: F4Wonline.com
BEST OF MAXIM
Jerry “The King” Lawler admitted that receiving CPR backstage saved his life, and that his ribs are sore from it during a news conference this afternoon in Memphis, TN. Lawler said that he feels fine, and hasn’t had any other chest pains since the heart attack.
He also noted that the heart attack was probably hereditary since he’s never drank or smoked, and that his father...
Jerry Lawler tweeted the following on Sunday afternoon, confirming an earlier report that JBL will be doing commentary tonight at Night of Champions.
“Sorry I can’t be at Night Of Champions tonight, but I understand JBL will be taking my place. I wish him the best of luck! I also want to thank the thousands of fans and friends for the outpouring of well wishes and concern for...
– Here is the video that aired on RAW featuring Jerry Lawler’s return home to Memphis, TN:
– Here is this week’s “RAW Backstage Fallout”:
John “Bradshaw” Layfield posted the following on his Facebook page.
Had a blast filling in for Jerry Lawler last night at Night of Champions, really rusty-but was wonderful to be back.
I’m off to Africa Friday to climb the highest peak, Kilimanjaro, to raise money for the kids program I started in Bermuda-working with great folks there to make a difference.
I was asked Thursday...
- Former WWE talent Bill “The Goon” Irwin turns 58 years old today while former NWO member Masahiro Chono turns 49, Jim Cornette turns 51 and Gabe Sapolsky turns 40.
- WWE’s cameras caught up with JBL before Night of Champions hit the air last night. JBL put over Jerry Lawler and said he was proud to keep Lawler’s seat warm until he returns.
- “Goldust” Dustin Rhodes...
- WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz spoke with WWE.com after retaining his title at Night of Champions. Miz announced earlier in the night that he would be filing a formal complaint against Booker T. Miz said he will no longer be filing the complaint because he defeated three main event Superstars blind-folded and he’s happy with that. Miz dubbed himself the must most-see Intercontinental...
- The official WWE website announced Monday at 3:55 p.m. that Jerry "The King" Lawler has been released from a Montreal hospital and will be heading home in the next several days after suffering a heart attack last Monday.
"We continue to wish Jerry all the best, and we look forward to him returning to WWE in the future," the sports-entertainment organization...
- A fan on Twitter asked Jim Ross if WWE will do anything to show support for Jerry Lawler on Monday's RAW. Ross replied:
"Likely an update, well wishes, paycheck."
- The match with Sin Cara vs. The Miz on Friday's SmackDown was heavily edited, as you probably could tell by watching the match. Fans in attendance noted to us that it was one of Cara's most-botched...
- Dustin Rhodes will be replacing Jerry Lawler for the big independent wrestling show on September 22nd from Dutchess Stadium in Fishkill, NY. Rhodes will team with former NY Yankees pitcher Joe Ausanio to take on Luke Robinson and Romeo Roselli.- CM Punk wrote on Twitter yesterday that his way was ruined by American Airlines. Apparently the WWE Champion had some flight troubles...
- John Cena vs. CM Punk in “Anything Goes” matches and Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro are advertised as the main events of WWE’s upcoming tour of Europe. Other stars advertised to appear are Kane, Daniel Bryan, Tensai, Brodus Clay, Zack Ryder, AJ Lee, Eve Torres and Layla.
The advertised main events for the SmackDown tour of Europe are Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Big...
Was Punk’s foot on the ropes? Controversy continues on tonight’s Raw, from Bridgeport, Conn:
- John Cena interrupted Paul Heyman’s interrogation of referee Chad Patton and challenged CM Punk to a rematch from last night. However Alberto Del Rio’s music cut him off mid-sentence. The Essence of Excellence, still flanked by the injured Ricardo Rodriguez, wasted no time in...
- Former WWE talent Bill “The Goon” Irwin turns 58 years old today while former NWO member Masahiro Chono turns 49, Jim Cornette turns 51 and Gabe Sapolsky turns 40.- WWE’s cameras caught up with JBL before Night of Champions hit the air last night. JBL put over Jerry Lawler and said he was proud to keep Lawler’s seat warm until he returns.- “Goldust” Dustin Rhodes says...
- WWE Legend The Honky Tonk Man wrote the following about filling in for Jerry Lawler on RAW commentary:
"Who would want to see HTM do commentary just for one night only to fill in for The King and help #WWE out?"
Roddy Piper doesn't agree that HTM would be a good fill-in and says he would take the job:
"I would stand in for The King on commentary till he gets...