Found February 23, 2013 on
TWNP-Wrestling News & Information:
- Former WWE referee Tim White is apparently working some kind of ambassador job with WWE now. He was one of many who accompanied Sheamus to an autograph signing in Kentucky this weekend. White told several fans that he loved helping WWE out and did not miss the job of being a referee. White was released from WWE back in 2009.
- Jack Swagger was the most searched topic on Yahoo for a brief time last night.
- One WWE source noted that they wouldn’t be surprised if the whole Glenn Beck situation is what is saving Jack Swagger and his WrestleMania storyline following Tuesday night’s arrest. WWE will likely go hard on the angle this Monday night. The source speculated that we may get a 2013 version of Vince McMahon challenging Eric Bischoff to a fight on RAW.
New Details on The Rock’s Post-WrestleMania Plans with WWE, Divas Exposed In NXT, Lots More Exclusives…
The post Speculation on WWE’s Response to Beck, Tim White Update, Swagger appeared first on TWNP - Wrestl...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Here are three new videos posted by WWE from Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger. The company has yet to address Swagger's arrest for speeding, DUI, and marijuana possession outside of the brief statement they made to TMZ on Wednesday.
Partial Source: Pwinsider
– WWE RAW tonight from Dallas, Texas is sold out. This is the first RAW without The Rock appearing that has sold out in quite a while.
– The RAW crew is reportedly “tired and beat up” following their Middle East tour. The crew is looking forward to getting home for some rest.
– WWE has released the following video of Jack Swagger’s new theme...
The Associated Press has released more details on the February 19th arrest of Jack Swagger.
Their report notes that Swagger was pulled over for driving 10 MPH over the speed limit and his car was towed and later released from custody to a friend of his that picked him up from the police station.
If Swagger is convicted, he faces fines of $188 for driving 10 mph over the speed limit...
- We noted earlier that Cody Rhodes participated in a post-RAW segment with The Rock in Lafayette earlier this week after the show went off the air. Cody actually volunteered for the segment and pitched the idea of him going out and taking a People’s Elbow and Rock Bottom.
- WWE sources note that Jack Swagger was scheduled to win the World Heavyweight Title from Alberto Del Rio...
- Jim Ross noted on his Twitter that WWE NXT being broadcast in the United States was “in the works.”
- Linda McMahon is now a guest blogger at the Huffington Post and has published an article titled, “Our Daughters Also Can Lead America Forward.”
- Former WWE writer Andrew Goldstein comment Jack Swagger’s arrest, writing on Twitter, “No DUI was gonna get in the way of...
Jack Swagger was scheduled to win the World Heavyweight Title from Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania 29. WWE's creative team has now met several times this week to discuss how to deal with Swagger's DUI and drug arrest on Tuesday.
If he is pulled from WrestleMania, he will not only lose a big payday (upwards of $250,000) but Dolph Ziggler will likely get the title shot.
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog at JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights.
The Latest On Jack Swagger’s DUI & Drug Arrest: “I’m still waiting for all the info to roll in from Mississippi regarding Swagger’s arrest where he was changed with some misdemeanors. Obviously this situation was ill advised and should never have happened no matter how badly...
WWE has announced that, as Glenn Beck has declined to address the WWE Universe tonight on RAW in response to a segment on his show where he called WWE "stupid wrestling people" over Jack Swagger's new character, they will be sending a video crew to Beck's studios. The camera crew will attempt to get a comment from Beck with the results airing tonight on RAW.
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
-- WWE star Jack Swagger was a top search term on Yahoo on Friday. At one point he held the No. 1 trending spot and later dropped to No. 2.
-- As noted earlier this week, Donald Trump was at one point planned to be part of the Class of 2013 WWE Hall of Fame this year during the WrestleMania 29 weekend. Trump was scheduled to...
- The January 21st episode of RAW had 326,000 homes watching on DVR or tape delay while the January 28th show had 351,000 homes watching on a delay.
- Courtesy of WWEDVDNews, here is the cover photo for WWE’s “For All Mankind – The Life and Career of Mick Foley.” The DVD and Blu-ray hits stores on April 16th:
- Regarding the talk that WWE ripped off their Zeb Colter character...
Earlier today, it was revealed that the WWE has extended an invitation to talk show host and political commentator, Glenn Beck to appear live this Monday on Raw, in response to a segment that aired on TheBlaze TV yesterday. In the segment, Beck references WWE as “stupid wrestling people,” when criticizing a recent WWE storyline involving WWE characters Heavyweight Champion...
- WWE issued the following today:
WWE® INVITES GLENN BECK TO GET RAW
STAMFORD, Conn., February 22, 2013 – WWE has extended an invitation to talk show host and political commentator, Glenn Beck to appear live this Monday on Raw, in response to a segment that aired on TheBlaze TV yesterday. In the segment, Beck references WWE as “stupid wrestling people,” when criticizing...
- Jim Ross commented on tonight’s Raw, writing on Twitter, “HUGE nite in Dallas for #WWE. #RAW sold out. @JohnCena vs @CMPunk to be @ #slobberknocker level. McMahon fights @HeymanHustle! Must see TV.”
- The following WWE dates have been announced:
5/3/13: Covelli Centre in Youngstown, OH (tickets on sale 3/1/13)
5/6/13: WWE Raw from the Roanoke Civic Center in Roanoke, VA ...
- As noted earlier, Glenn Beck ripped WWE for their Zeb Colter character. WWE then invited Beck to Raw this Monday, which Beck turned down. The Iron Sheik took to his Twitter and ripped Beck. Here are a few things he wrote.
“the @glennbeck you are dumbest motherf–ker in the world I wish I see you so i can beat the f–k out of you no good jabroni lowlife”