Found May 04, 2012 on
– According to a source within WWE, Bill DeMott is expected to assist John Laurinaitis in shaking off ring rust for his scheduled match against John Cena at Over the Limit on May 20. He began training Friday at a warehouse the company owns in Norwalk, Connecticut in preparation for the bout.– John Cena participated in filming this week for Fred 3: Fred Goes To Camp, which is slated to premiere on Nickelodeon in late 2012. He reprises the role of the title character’s father. (source: PWInsider.com)– With The Bellas Twins no longer in WWE, WWE.com looks to a new set of celebrity siblings to fill the void in this article. WWE writes, “Step inside and discover our dream list of 10 twins we’d like to watch compete in the squared circle.”- A fraudulent Twitter account for Lord Tensai’s manager Sakamato said his master would be waiting for Evan Bourne when he returns from injury. Bourne responded, “What kind of man has a master? #iaintscared”
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
F4Wonline.com reports that there were higher-ups in WWE concerned with the amount of blood that John Cena bled out at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view on Sunday. They weren’t worried about Lesnar’s image as much.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/therealjeffpeckDownload my wrestling podcast "The Still Real to Us Show" every Thursday at www.wheelhouseradio.com...
Embedded in the video above is a sneak peak at John Cena on Syfy’s “Dream Machines”.MUST SEE: Mayrse Looks Super Fine in this Stylish Dress..
- As noted before, Brock Lesnar was told he would be losing to John Cena at Extreme Rules several weeks back. Lesnar has made it clear that he’s about the money, not the ego, and if they want him to lose, he has no problem with it as long as they play fair with him.According to sources, it was made clear to Cena and Lesnar that their feud would be a one-match program. Officials...
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As noted before, Brock Lesnar was told he would be losing to John Cena at Extreme Rules several weeks back. Lesnar has made it clear that he’s about the money, not the ego, and if they want him to lose, he has no problem with it as long as they play fair with him.
According to sources, it was made clear to Cena and Lesnar that their feud...
The WWE Extreme Rules 2012 DVD cover artwork has been released. The cover features both stars from the Extreme Rules match main event, John Cena and Brock Lesnar. The cover artwork can be viewed below courtesy of WWEDVDNews.com. You can get your pre-order in for May 29th by clicking here.
Extreme Rules is scheduled to be produced on DVD format only. As noted above, you can get your...
Partial Source: Pwinsider
– Tomorrow, Bret Hart and Jillian Hall appear at the Wrestling Universe store in Queens, NY (34-29 Francis Lewis Blvd) in Flushing. For more details, call (718) 460-2777 and (347) 443-3001.
– Dutch Mantel is the latest name announced for August’s NWA Legends Fanfest. He is scheduled to so a two-hour Q&A session to kick off the event. Also scheduled...
- WWE is releasing their first-quarter earnings report this morning. Vince McMahon will host a conference call at 11am EST to discuss the report. Stay tuned this afternoon for full coverage.
- Regarding new talents debuting on WWE NXT, William Regal said on this week’s episode that he has scouted potential new NXT Superstars but would not reveal them just yet. Regal promised we...
Michael Cole’s heel announcer gimmick was supposed to officially end at WrestleMania 28. His new role is to be an “edgy” character who still respects John Laurinaitis, one of WWE’s top heels. A recent sign of Cole retreating from being an annoying heel and shifting to a more neutral role was that he was sympathetic towards John Cena during his feud with Brock Lesnar.
Here is the latest card for WWE Over the Limit PPV event coming out of Friday’s Smackdown event.
WWE Championship Match
CM Punk(c) vs. Daniel Bryan
World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sheamus(c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis
WWE Over The Limit is scheduled to take place at the PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina on May 20, 2012.
– Theadvocate.com reports that Empire State, starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will begin shooting on May 29th in New Orleans. Shooting will end in mid-June. Johnson has been working on Pain and Gain, and will be traveling to Europe this month as well for work on Fast Six.
– WWE has removed Mark Henry from this weekend’s RAW house show roster. He was originally scheduled...
WWE’s website has a new article up looking at the Kimura Lock submission hold that Brock Lesnar has used on John Cena and Triple H since returning to WWE in April. They wrote:
“It’s no surprise Brock is utilizing a Brazilian jiu-jitsu maneuver to wreak havoc in his return to WWE. The former UFC heavyweight champion studied under Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belts Erik Paulson...