Found February 11, 2013 on
WNZ - WrestleNewz.com:
There are going to be six WWE superstars inside the Elimination Chamber for the opportunity to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 29.
With Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry all confirmed for the Elimination Chamber match, two spots still remain.
The remaining two participants must be former World Champions. As much as some people may be hoping to see a returning Christian, the two spots should belong to Jack Swagger and Kane.
With his tag team partner already scheduled in the match, it would only make sense for Kane to also be in the Elimination Chamber match. Although they are WWE Tag Team Champions, Kane and Bryan are two of the top WWE superstars in the company right now. Both are former World Champions.
During the Royal Rumble match this year, Bryan eliminated Kane. Moments later, Kane assisted Bryan getting eliminated as well. It would not be surprising to see the Team Hell No members cause one another to get eliminated on February 18th either.
Plus, if Kane was not in the Elimination Chamber match, but his partner was, what else would he do at the pay-per-view?
As for Jack Swagger, the Real American as he calls himself now, retuned with a vengeance recently. Regardless of the fact that his opponents have been low card superstars Kofi Kingston and Santino Marella, Swagger has a new attitude.
Swagger has been much more aggressive than he has ever been in his WWE career. Prior to returning, Swagger was on a major losing streak. He needed a new character or gimmick. Some were expecting him to return as a babyface.
However, Swagger has proven that he just needed time to refresh his character. He just needed to make some minor tweaks. Brilliant move by WWE to rename Swagger’s ankle lock the Patriot Act.
WWE needs to take advantage of the effective build they have begun with Swagger. He needs to be in the Elimination Chamber match along with Orton, Mysterio, Henry, Bryan and Kane.
Mark Henry was the first heel to be announced as a participant in the Elimination Chamber match. With Alberto Del Rio as the World Heavyweight Champion, it seems most likely that a heel will win the chamber match.
There is the possibility that Big Show defeats Del Rio for the title, but it is unlikely. Del Rio is being pushed as the next top Mexican babyface. He is also much more over with the WWE Universe as a face. Therefore, Swagger has a decent chance at winning.
Kane doesn’t have as much of a chance as he is could be considered more of a face than a heel.
Christian as a participant for the Elimination Chamber is understandable, but he hasn’t been seen in months. Unfortunately, Christian doesn’t deserve it nor does WWE seem to want to build him for this match.
WWE is building Swagger and Henry as two new major heels of the company. Add in that Bryan and Kane need to be on the card together and the Elimination Chamber match is set.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- Here is one of WWE’s latest promos for Fandango that aired on last night’s RAW:- Here is footage of Jack Swagger and Uncle Zeb’s controversial promo from RAW:- After Monday’s RAW went off the air, CM Punk and Paul Heyman went to the back as The Rock was laying in the ring.Damien Sandow came into the ring with The Rock and questioned The Rock to his face about being the...
- WWE posted the following WrestleMania Reading Challenge footage from Monday:
- R-Truth was backstage at last night’s WWE RAW in Nashville and appeared in a WWE App exclusive video with Tony Dawson. Truth talked about doing promotional work for WWE in Qatar.
- Randy Orton also appeared in a WWE App video on last night’s RAW, despite not being live on TV. Orton declared that...
- Jack Swagger qualified for Elimination Chamber match on tonight’s RAW after he defeated Zack Ryder. Swagger came out with his new manager, Uncle Zebekiah Culter, also known as “Dirty” Dutch Mantel.
Swagger and Zeb cut a controversial promo about being patriots. Zeb talked about looking around and seeing a country he no longer recognizes and hearing people talk that he can’t...
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
In regards to WWE running into issues with the company's official app crashing during RAW on Monday night, it was indeed legitimate and overloaded with too many votes. When WWE had booked the angle for the show the impression was that Randy Orton would win when stacked up against Rey Mysterio and the returning Chris Jericho. Mysterio...
- WWE kept Rey Mysterio off last night’s RAW to sell the attack from Mark Henry last week. Rey tweeted during RAW:
“Missed being @ Raw tonight! WSM Did sum damage on me last week, but been through much worse and have come back! 619 luv”
- NXT stars Corey Graves and Conor O’Brian were backstage at last night’s RAW but not used in a dark match or anything.
- There was a backstage...
The high octane returns of Jack Swagger and Mark Henry continued on this week’s SmackDown, as both looked to secure their position in the Elimination Chamber match. While Swagger took the conventional route of decimating his opponent Justin Gabriel in a sanctioned match, Mark Henry created his own battle ground. After Khali defeated Titus O’Neil, the World’s Strongest Man hulked...
Former TNA creative team member and long-time wrestler “Dirty” Dutch Mantell made an appearance on WWE RAW last night in Nashville. Mantell went under the name Zeb Coulter and accompanied Jack Swagger during his match. He had spent time in the company during the WWF days under the name Uncle Zebekiah managing Justin “Hawk” Bradshaw aka current WWE commentator John “Bradshaw”...
Tonight’s WWE TV tapings will take place from the Verizon Arena in Little Rock, Arkansas. Confirmed for SmackDown is WWE Champion The Rock and CM Punk. Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton will be the main event. Confirmed for tonight’s Main Event tapings is The Highlight Reel with Chris Jericho and The Miz. Advertised locally is Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio.
- Chris Jericho qualified for the elimination Chamber match on tonight’s RAW by defeating Daniel Bryan. Jericho joins Randy Orton, Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan in the match. Rey Mysterio was previously advertised for the match but did not appear in the graphic that was shown on RAW tonight.
- It was announced on tonight’s RAW that if The Rock gets himself disqualified or counted...
- Thanks to B. Cook for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight’s tapings in Little Rock, Arkansas:
* Kofi Kingston beat Corey Graves
SmackDown, Airing Friday:
* Big Show opens SmackDown and is pissed off. He gets interrupted by Chris Jericho and they have words. Jericho challenges Show to a match. Out next are Booker T and Mark Henry.
* Mark Henry beat Randy...
-- Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton will headline this week's WWE SmackDown broadcast. This is a rematch from Henry's win over Orton last week.
-- Justin Gabriel vs. Titus O’Neil and Kaitlyn vs. Natalya were both taped in Nashville, TN prior to RAW for this week's WWE Superstars broadcast.
-- As previously reported here on the website, tennis players Andre Agassi and...
- WWE taped the following matches tonight in Nashville for WWE Superstars:
* Justin Gabriel vs. Titus O’Neil
* Kaitlyn vs. Natalya
- Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton in a rematch from last week has been announced for this Friday’s SmackDown.
- Layla is currently in the Superstar Spotlight on WWE’s website.
- Justin Gabriel vs. Curt Hawkins will be featured on today’s episode of WWE Saturday Morning Slam.
- With his win over Randy Orton on last night’s WWE SmackDown, Mark Henry has earned a spot in the Elimination Chamber match. He joins Orton, Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan. Two more Superstars will be announced for the match.
- Layla is currently in the Superstar Spotlight on WWE's website.
- Justin Gabriel vs. Curt Hawkins will be featured on today's episode of WWE Saturday Morning Slam.
- With his win over Randy Orton on last night's WWE SmackDown, Mark Henry has earned a spot in the Elimination Chamber match. He joins Orton, Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan. Two more Superstars will be announced...