Found April 06, 2013 on
Ring Side News:
- John Cena mentioned to TMZ that he shaves his chest and doesn't use laser surgery in the video embedded below.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- Dolph Ziggler was asked about part-timers being featured in the top matches at this year's WrestleMania event during an interview with ESNP. Here is what he had to say:
"Yeah, of course there is, but that's how it goes. When somebody is getting a lot of time on TV, a lot of people will start to resent them or think they're better. But that's how it goes. And you know what, I hate it, I hate that part-timers have to come back in order for us to have the biggest WrestleMania there is, but it's also smart business. The biggest movie star in the entire world just happens to have come from WWE, so who wouldn't want to see the biggest movie star go up against the biggest WWE superstar we have, the face of the organization, the franchise? That match just has the glitz and glamour, that's the main event and we get that. The guys who resent it 100 percent just don't understand the business because there's money to be made, there's eyes to be brought to a WrestleMania. Say it was me and Daniel Bryan headlining, we're not going to get those people who pay to see a movie star. Our job is, we get the people who pay to see Rock and John Cena, and you leave an impression that you stole the show. You do something to make them come back and see you the next day. That is my goal every time we do this, and of course, on Sunday, all those people tune in to see The Rock and Cena, but I'm going to leave them thinking I stole the show and now they have to tune in on Monday to see what I'm going to do next. That's how I've been able to build my entire career. I've found a way to stand out and steal the show."
BEST OF MAXIM
After 30 grueling minutes, John Cena emerged the champion from MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
The West Newbury, Mass., native won the WWE Championship from Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson at Wrestlemania 29 after hitting him with his patented “attitude adjuster” finisher. Cena beat The Rock in the Wrestlemania 28 headlining match last year as well.
The match, and event as a whole...
- Dolph Ziggler spoke with Comcast’s XFINITY blog and says he hopes the fans at WrestleMania 29 boo both John Cena and The Rock out of the building. He added:
“I don’t want the cheers and the boos. I hope it’s 90% boos letting them know that this “Once in a Lifetime” match is happening again and that I or someone else should be the main event. But, that’s the great...
- Below is the the latest episode of The JBL & Cole Show:
- As noted earlier, there was a WrestleMania Reading Challenge celebration at Thomas G. Connors Elementary School in Hoboken earlier today. Posted below is a photo of Kofi Kingston, Natalya and Cody Rhodes at the event.
- Also earlier today, John Cena rang the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange.
Dolph Ziggler teased cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase during an interview with IGN.
“We forget that eight months ago I was trying to cash it in on every Monday, Friday, Sunday, and every time it ended with my teeth getting kicked down my face,” Ziggler replied. “I eventually got fed up with that and said, “The next time I do this, it has to happen. Let’s make...
- Tonight’s WWE RAW will take place from the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey will the fallout from WrestleMania 29. No matches or segments are confirmed for tonight’s show.
Top stars set for tonight’s show include The Rock and Chris Jericho. Brock Lesnar, Triple H and The Undertaker are not advertised.
WWE is focusing on the following points for tonight:
- Hot 97′s Peter Rosenberg spoke with John Cena, CM Punk and Mark Henry at the WrestleMania 29 press conference on Thursday. Cena does the “heel turn” that was previewed on Thursday, CM Punk gives a big “f*** you” to “smart marks” and Henry talks about his match with Ryback:
- Tonight’s WWE SmackDown will feature Ryback vs. Primo and Epico in a handicap match, Jack...
Partial Source: Prowrestling.net
soren sent this one along: I was reading the recap of Wrestlemania and it was mentioned that The Rock and John Cena were talking in the ring after the match, but that it couldn’t e heard what they were saying. I watched the show with some friends — one of whom is partially deaf and can read lips. She said that John Cena was telling The Rock...
Michelle Beadle of Access Hollywood and The Crossover interviewed John Cena this morning shared the following photo on Twitter.
WWE.com also posted these pics on Facebook:
- Former WWE Diva Candice Michelle congratulated Trish Stratus' induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, writing on Twitter, "Congrats @trishstratuscom on HoF and more importantly on your angel growing and this new chapter of life! So excited for to you!!"
- Laycool reunited at last night's WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony. Here is a photo of the group together.
- The Bella Twins commented on their boyfriends John Cena and Daniel Bryan winning at WrestleMania 29:“But we are happy for 2 very big wins last night. 2 champs with 2 happy girls! #Wrestlemania”- WWE is issuing refunds for people who ordered the WrestleMania 29 stream on WWE.com and had difficulty watching the show. Fans can go to wwe.com/ppv, go to the “contact us” section...
- In his final interview before going into the WWE Hall of Fame, Bruno Sammartino spoke with Inside The Ropes. Here are highlights:Thoughts on Billy Graham’s recent comments about him:“I think I feel sorry for him. I think he’s done so much drugs throughout his career that his brains been burned out because he speaks of things he knows nothing about. For example in my own situation...
- Brian Soscia of 106.1 interviewed Paul Heyman and noted that he bought tickets to four ECW shows right before the company shut down. Soscia complained about not getting his money refunded, and Heyman settled the debt. You can watch footage embedded in the video below.
- NJ.com published an article about WrestleMania AXXESS here.
- Dolph Ziggler teased cashing in the Money in...
Busted Open Radio with hosts Dave Lagreca, Doug Mortman, and Mike Riker interviewed WWE Superstar Ryback recently. Below are some highlights from the interview:
Ryback on his path to success: “Last year at WrestleMania I was coming back from injury and sitting in the family box and watching the show. It was great and as a fan it was fun. At the time we weren’t sure what I was...