
Francis Ngannou confirmed his status as favourite status during MVP’s Netflix card last Saturday by knocking Philipe Lins out cold in the first round.
The former UFC heavyweight champion did not need to follow up with ground-and-pound. Lins fell unconscious after a devastating shot, making the finish even more emphatic.
It was an impressive MMA return for Ngannou, who instantly reminded the division of his frightening power. It also produced two very different reactions from cageside legends.
Footage shared by Most Valuable Promotions on X showed Anderson Silva and Jon Jones watching Ngannou’s knockout in real time, and their immediate reactions told different stories.
Jones, a former UFC two-weight champion, looked visibly jaw-dropped by what ‘The Predator’ had done. His expression captured the shock value of another sudden heavyweight finish.
Silva, sitting alongside him, showed far less emotion. That may have been because Lins is Brazilian, and the scenes inside the cage were concerning for the 40-year-old.
.@SpiderAnderson & @JonnyBones watch on as @francis_ngannou adds ANOTHER KO to his record!!!
— MVP – Most Valuable Promotions (@MostVpromotions) May 17, 2026
———
LIVE NOW
NETFLIX#NgannouLins #RouseyCarano #DiazPerry pic.twitter.com/TXqWsqB1Gu
Ngannou was forceful about Lins afterwards, insisting at the post-fight press conference that his opponent had been underestimated before they shared the cage.
He said Lins was tough and even claimed the Brazilian deserved the Performance of the Night bonus, despite being the fighter who was knocked out.
Ngannou won that bonus himself, receiving US$ 100,000 for the knockout. Still, he appeared open to giving it to the 40-year-old after praising his effort.
That mattered because the reported purse gap was already huge. Ngannou reportedly earned US$ 1.5 million, while Lins pocketed US$ 100,000.
More must-reads:
+
Get the latest news and rumors, customized to your favorite sports and teams. Emailed daily. Always free!