The UFC will make history by staging a live event at the White House on July 4, 2026, UFC CEO Dana White confirmed Thursday. In a video posted to social media, White announced that the long-discussed plan is now finalized.
“The White House fight is on. I will have more details on that in the next couple weeks. We got it done today,” White said while aboard a flight departing Washington, D.C.
The idea of holding a UFC card on the White House lawn was first floated last month by President Donald Trump, who said it would be part of the United States’ Semiquincentennial (250th birthday) celebrations. Trump, a longtime friend of White and a vocal supporter of the UFC, is expected to play a prominent role in the festivities surrounding the event.
Dana White says the UFC White House event is officially on
"White House fight is ON. I will have more details on that in the next couple weeks. We got it done today."
@danawhite pic.twitter.com/EaBpWgASu0
— Championship Rounds (@ChampRDS) August 29, 2025
So far, no bouts have been confirmed. But the concept has already attracted interest from many of the sport’s biggest names. Conor McGregor and Jon Jones have both expressed a desire to be part of the historic card.
White, however, downplayed the chances of Jones competing. Saying the odds were “a billion-to-1” given his recent retirement and long history of issues outside the cage.
The July 4, 2026, event will mark the first time a major combat sports organization has staged fights on the White House lawn, further cementing UFC’s reputation for pushing boundaries in sports entertainment.
White promised more details, including fight announcements and ticketing information, in the coming weeks as UFC prepares to make its mark on one of the nation’s most iconic venues.
More must-reads:
Get the latest news and rumors, customized to your favorite sports and teams. Emailed daily. Always free!