Yardbarker
x
UFC star reportedly set to miss out on huge homecoming fight after Dana White granted his wish inside the Octagon
Dana White speaks on stage at the UFC 297 press conference, inset mystery icon. Credit: Mike Roach/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

One of the stars of UFC 319 had some requests for Dana White following a stunning knockout win.

On October 11, the Octagon returns to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil where Charles Oliveira will face Rafael Fiziev in the main event.

A fellow top Brazilian star would have likely been targeted for this event if it wasn’t for the fact that he only competed earlier this month.

Carlos Prates finished Geoff Neal in style in Chicago, producing a spinning back elbow knockout in the opening round to bounce back from his first UFC defeat.

‘The Nightmare’ chose to use his post-fight interview after the win to send the UFC bosses a wish list on the day before his birthday.

Carlos Prates reportedly targeted for an upcoming event that isn’t UFC Rio

In Carlos Prates’ list of demands that he sent to Dana White, the Brazilian star called to be booked on the promotion’s upcoming return to Rio de Janeiro.

The potential for a quick turnaround was made possible after he took very little damage at UFC 319 before putting Geoff Neal away.

Michael ‘Venom’ Page even offered to be Prates’ opponent after he also secured a big win in Chicago, beating Jared Cannonier via decision at middleweight.

Unfortunately for ‘The Nightmare’, it now looks like the UFC have changed their minds after Joe Rogan already told him inside the Octagon that the promotion would grant him his wish.

A report from Higor Ciconello and ESPN Brasil states that Prates will not be in action on October 11 with UFC 322 in November now being the event that he is targeted for.

While the full details of that event haven’t been announced as of yet, we do know that it will take place on November 15, with Madison Square Garden in New York being the expected location.

Carlos Prates could have a different wish granted after missing out on UFC Rio

While it looks like Carlos Prates won’t be fighting in Brazil, the second part of his fight pitch could still be on the table.

‘The Nightmare’ told Joe Rogan inside the Octagon at UFC 319 that he wanted to face Leon Edwards in the co-main event of the promotion’s event in Rio de Janeiro.

With Prates sharing a post on Instagram that had Frank Sinatra’s ‘New York, New York’ attached, it appears that both he and Edwards have this location in their sights.

The former UFC welterweight champion recently told Bloody Elbow in an exclusive interview that Madison Square Garden in November is his targeted return.

This article first appeared on Bloody Elbow and was syndicated with permission.

More must-reads:

Customize Your Newsletter

Yardbarker +

Get the latest news and rumors, customized to your favorite sports and teams. Emailed daily. Always free!