The saga involving Tennessee Titans offensive tackle and 2020 first-round draft pick Isaiah Wilson continues to bewilder and potentially alarm outsiders.
As the Around the NFL Staff explained, Wilson tweeted on Monday: "I'm done with football as a Titan. No further comments." That message was quickly deleted but not before reporters and fans noticed it on Wilson's timeline.
Wilson played only four snaps during his debut NFL season, had a couple of run-ins with law enforcement officials and was placed on the reserve/non-football illness list on Dec. 9, where he remained through the campaign's completion.
Last week, Tennessee general manager Jon Robinson said he hadn't spoken with the 22-year-old since Dec. 9.
"He's going to have to make a determination on whether he wants to do what it takes to play pro football," Robinson explained at that time. "That will be on him.
"I know what the expectation level is here, and it's no different than any other player on the football team. We have a certain standard that we want players to prepare and perform at professionally, and as people, and there's a lot of work to be done there."
Robinson continued: "We did a lot of work on him leading up to the draft. The player that was here in the fall was not the player we evaluated."
Following the Titans' decision on Dec. 9, Robinson told reporters Wilson was "dealing with some personal issues, which will take some time for him to work through." Wilson's deleted social media message suggests a return to the Titans isn't in the cards.