More must-reads:
Love is in the air. Even in a place like WWE, there is time for love. During the long Thanksgiving weekend, Lash Legend shared some exciting news just a day ahead of the Survivor Series: WarGames, too. Lash Legend And Trick Williams Are Engaged Legend posted a video on Instagram on Friday, November 28, of two-time NXT World Champion Trick Williams proposing to her, surrounded by family and friends. Legend posted the video with the caption: A Million times YESSSS!!! As I’m making this post Im getting emotional again but of pure joy, happiness, and peace. If you know me, you know I dont play about my man! I love him more than words could ever put together. So honored blessed and thankful to spend the rest of my life with my handsome bestie @trickwilliams_wwe God is so good!!! She also wrote on X (previously Twitter): “IMMA FIANCÉE” As noted, it was only recently that Legend made the leap from NXT to the main roster on WWE SmackDown. It was on the November 7 episode of SmackDown that she made her official debut, and there she aligned herself with Nia Jax. Now she, Jax, the Kabuki Warriors, and Becky Lynch are set to face AJ Lee, IYO SKY, Rhea Ripley, Charlotte Flair, and Alexa Bliss in a WarGames match this Saturday, November 29, at Survivor Series. Williams, on the other hand, has been in a feud with the current NXT World Champion, Ricky Saints. On November 11, the NXT star lost to Saints in a Last Man Standing match. Williams was also recently in the Iron Survivor Qualifying match, where he lost to Myles Borne during the NXT Gold Rush television special. Nia Jax And More Congratulate The Happy Couple Several of their colleagues wrote messages to them, including Legend’s new partner in crime, Jax. She wrote: “Awwww congratulations!!!!!!!” Giulia’s manager, Kiana James, wrote: “OMGGGGGG!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!!!!!” NXT Superstar Kelani Jordan commented: “Omg congratulations.” Bayley wrote: “BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Congratulations to you both.” Current TNA star Dezmond Xavier (former NXT Star Wes Lee) said: Huge congrats to yall! Women's World Champion Jade Cargill wrote: “Congrats!!!” Ivy Nile sent a heartfelt message: “Yall are so mean to be. Congratulations @lashlegendwwe and @trickwilliams_wwe!!!!!” While Ivy’s American Made stablemate, Julius Creed wrote: “Chills. So happy for you guys!” NXT GM Ava Raine, Zelina Vega, Lainey Reid, Izzi Dame, Adriana Rizzo, Nikkita Lyons, Karmen Petrovic, Tony D’Angelo, Megan Morant, and a lot more wrestlers sent their well-wishes.
Over Thanksgiving week, New York Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner provided fans with plenty of news to digest. Among notable items that are circulating, four things stand out: his resolve to lower the payroll below $300 million, the insinuation that the Yankees are not a profitable ballclub, the assumption that the Los Angeles Dodgers’ astronomical payroll played no part in their dominance and his purported support for a salary cap. When seen together, these four items seem to suggest a severe reluctance to spend. Steinbrenner made it clear he wants to come in under the luxury tax threshold. Interestingly, he called the correlation between spending and championships weak, alluding to his Yankees as well as the New York Mets as examples of teams with high payrolls and limited success. However, this opens up a discussion about how said money was spent. The Mets notably dumped a record sum on signing Juan Soto, but did little elsewhere. But what about the Yankees? When asked if it was fair to say the Yankees turned a profit after engrossing over $700 million in revenue, Steinbrenner had this to say, according to MLB.com's Bryan Hoch: “That’s not a fair statement or an accurate statement. Everybody wants to talk about revenues. They need to talk about our expenses, including the $100 million expense to the City of New York that we have to pay every February 1, including the COVID year. So, it all starts to add up in a hurry. “Nobody spends more money, I don’t believe, on player development, scouting, performance science. These all start to add up.” Altogether, the Yankees spent slightly under $305 million on players’ salaries in 2025. For a breakeven season, the Yankees would have needed to spend over $395 million elsewhere. Where did it all go? Steinbrenner mentioned the $100 million expense to New York City. As for the bulk of their expenses, the Yankees owner pointed towards player development, scouting and performance science. This raises a more serious question about mismanagement. The Yankees are overspending on failing analytics If most of the money was spent on development, scouting and performance science, one could easily argue that the cost has outweighed the benefits. Despite having spent so much, these efforts have produced very little. Over the years, the Yankees have seen more failures than success stories when developing major league talent. Promising players and top prospects like Gary Sanchez, Clint Frazier, Deivi Garcia, Miguel Andujar, Domingo German, Chance Adams, Justus Sheffield, Oswald Peraza and Estevan Florial, among many others, never panned out. The team also gave up on Carlos Narvaez and Agustin Ramirez in favor of Austin Wells, who underperformed the pair of rookie backstops this past season. Another catching prospect, Yankees 2018 first-round draft pick Anthony Seigler, who struggled during his time in the Yankees’ farm system as recently as last year, excelled with the Milwaukee Brewers in Triple-A this year. Anthony Volpe, Will Warren, Luis Gil and Jasson Dominguez are four current works in progress. It might also be fair to say the torpedo bat craze the Yankees started has officially ended. Of their recent triumphs, the Yankees boast Ben Rice and Cam Schlittler. Going further back, one might add Gleyber Torres and Aaron Judge to the list; however, Judge’s swing was actually developed by famed hitting coach Richard Schenck, not the Yankees. Spending on these efforts is by no means a waste; nonetheless, it’s clear the Yankees are grossly overspending for something that isn't even working. Whether it means an organizational shakeup or reallocation of funds to target proven major league talent, Steinbrenner’s approach needs to change.
The Pittsburgh Steelers have a very crucial game coming up, as they face the Buffalo Bills in a contest that could have strong playoff implications down the road. After all the bad news and reports of dysfunction coming out of the locker room, they need this win to turn everything around and prove that they aren't just a total mess. Not only that, but a win would also set them up to take back control of the AFC North, especially with a date with the Baltimore Ravens just around the corner. The Steelers may have an advantage with a mismatch in the trenches. Joe Buscaglia, a beat writer for the Bills on The Athletic, explained how Buffalo could be put in a rough situation due to an injury to right tackle Spencer Brown. "Losing that level of talent [from Spencer Brown] is bad enough, but it’s multiplied by the disparity of on-field results between him and his likely backup, Ryan Van Demark," Buscaglia wrote. "Van Demark’s best position is left tackle, and when he’s subbed in at right tackle, it has led to some real opportunities for the opposition." Buscaglia also gave examples of how backup tackle Ryan Van Demark had his issues in the Bills' Week 12 loss, when he seemed to have no chance against elite edge-rusher Will Anderson. He was a big part of quarterback Josh Allen getting sacked eight times, and if he has to play against the Steelers' pass rush, there may be some big problems there. In fact, the Bills have not only ruled out Brown, but now left tackle Dion Dawkins is officially out with a concussion. Both tackles will be backups. Buscaglia noted that Van Demark is more comfortable at left tackle, but now they have a conundrum on the other side. He mentioned that Chase Lundt has only been active once for the Bills in 2025, and now he may have to start against TJ Watt. That is a nightmare matchup for anyone, let alone someone as inexperienced as Lundt. Either way, this is going to be a massive challenge for the Bills' offensive line. Two backup offensive tackles will be going up against a very strong pass rush. Van Demark will have his battles with Alex Highsmith, and both him and Lundt will have to try and slow down Nick Herbig as well, as he can wreak havoc on both sides of the line. Steelers and Bills will be intense coaching battle Head coach Sean McDermott and offensive coordinator Joe Brady will have to help this makeshift offensive line in any way they can. Watt is still the most chipped player in the NFL currently, and there is no reason to not expect at least four hands to be on him on every single snap. Priority No. 1 is keeping these great edge-rushers from taking full advantage of the Bills' injuries in the trenches. Meanwhile, many teams have figured out how to slow down Mike Tomlin's defense, whether the opposing offensive line is at full strength or not. If the Bills successfully shut down the Steelers' pass rush, Tomlin will have to find a way to make adjustments and throw new things that these inexperienced tackles have not seen, like certain stunts and personnel shifts. Despite all the talent on both teams, coaching will most likely decide the victor.
Kevin Durant was traded to the Houston Rockets during the NBA offseason and so far the move has paid off. The Houston Rockets have already established themselves as one of the best teams in the Western Conference, sitting in fourth place at 12-4. The Rockets are coming off a thrilling win over the Golden State Warriors without Kevin Durant, who has been out the last two games due to personal reasons. Reed Sheppard led the way for the Rockets in Durant’s absence. But for as good as the Rockets are without Durant, they are even better with him, as Durant has averaged 24.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists this season. Kevin Durant could join another team before his career is over If and when the NBA expands, Seattle along with Las Vegas is expected to be in the mix to revive the SuperSonics. Stephen Curry gets INJURED vs. Houston Rockets Worst Case Scenario for the Warriors – Stephen Curry suffers a right quad contusion! Seattle was awarded the SuperSonics in 1967, making them the city’s first major pro sports team. According to Gary Payton, the SuperSonics are very close to returning and the NBA legend thinks Durant could leave Houston and join them. “Gary Payton told me the return of the SuperSonics is “very close, very very close” and that he thinks Kevin Durant is waiting to retire until the team returns.” Why did the SuperSonics leave Seattle? The SuperSonics left Seattle in July 2008, as Durant and company relocated to Oklahoma City where they became the Oklahoma City Thunder. The SuperSonics left Seattle primarily because the new ownership group, led by Clay Bennett, intended to relocate the team to Oklahoma City. Key factors in why the SuperSonics left Seattle included the failure to secure public funding for a new or renovated arena in Seattle. There was also a lack of political support for an arena deal and legal and political battles over the team’s future. Additionally, Oklahoma City effectively positioned itself as an ideal relocation candidate, where the Thunder have been since.
+
Get the latest news and rumors, customized to your favorite sports and teams. Emailed daily. Always free!



