deGrom: 'No complaints' after first trip to mound in a week
New York Mets pitcher Jacob deGrom. Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

Mets' Jacob deGrom had 'no complaints' after throwing off mound for first time in more than a week

New York Mets ace Jacob deGrom is slowly working his way back into the rotation. 

The right-hander threw off the mound Sunday for the first time in more than a week, and Mets manager Luis Rojas said he had "no complaints" after the session, according to SNY.

Rojas also said Friday that deGrom was "progressing well" after being placed on the injured list with forearm tightness last week. 

DeGrom has arguably been the best pitcher in Major League Baseball this season, going 7-2 with a 1.08 ERA, 0.554 WHIP and 146 strikeouts in 92 innings. 

However, the 33-year-old has been slowed by several injuries this year. He has dealt with right lat tightness, right side tightness, right flexor tendinitis and right shoulder soreness, in addition to the current right forearm tightness. 

After being placed on the IL, deGrom said he was frustrated that the forearm tightness had not subsided before returning from the All-Star break. 

The Mets are first in the NL East with a 51-44 record, going 4-4 in deGrom's absence. 

Erin Walsh is a Boston sports fan through and through. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Bridgewater State University and currently is in pursuit of her Master's Degree in Journalism from Northeastern University. Follow her on Twitter @ewalsh90.

More must-reads:

Customize Your Newsletter

+

Get the latest news and rumors, customized to your favorite sports and teams. Emailed daily. Always free!

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.