
New York Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton has been dealt yet another injury this season.
Stanton, 36, has only appeared in 24 games this year due to a calf strain. When healthy, the former MVP is one of the best power hitters in the MLB. He proved that last year when he managed to crush 24 homers in just 77 games.
The Yankees were hoping Stanton would return to their lineup in September, but manager Aaron Boone just revealed that won’t be the case. Stanton suffered another calf strain during his rehab process.
Boone said Stanton fell while running a couple days ago. Although a final decision hasn’t been made yet, this injury could end his 2026 season.
“It’s a moderate calf strain, so he’ll continue to rehab to try and get that right,” Boone told reporters.
This is a brutal blow to the Yankees, make no mistake about it. As for Stanton, there’s a real possibility his time in the Bronx could be coming to an end despite being under contract for 2027.
Not only have the Yankees been without Stanton, they’ve been missing Aaron Judge since May 31. The three-time MVP and eight-time All-Star has been sidelined with a right rib stress fracture.
Roughly two weeks ago, Judge told reporters that he plans on playing again this season.
“I’ll be back this season,” Judge said. “I don’t know why I wouldn’t be. That was always the plan to come back — sooner than later, definitely — but I never had a thought of not playing this year.”
With Stanton injured once again, the Yankees will be desperate to get Judge back on the field. After all, we’re talking about one of the best players in all of baseball.
More must-reads:
+
Get the latest news and rumors, customized to your favorite sports and teams. Emailed daily. Always free!