Anthony Hernandez wants to hurt somebody when he headlines UFC Sacramento against Gregory Rodrigues on Saturday night.
Hernandez told UFC on Paramount Plus that he is seeking a violent finish in his home state after Sean Strickland stopped him in the third round at UFC Houston in February. The loss snapped an eight-fight win streak for the middleweight contender.
The 31-year-old Californian said he is not interested in a decision and wants to make his opponent regret stepping in the cage, according to the interview posted Tuesday on social media. Hernandez has been preparing at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas with Strickland, the former champion who handed him that February defeat.
Rodrigues enters the five-round bout with a 19-6 record and has won six of his last seven fights. Hernandez stands 15-3 overall and has headlined twice previously, splitting those main events.
UFC Sacramento takes place Saturday night on Paramount Plus with the main card starting at 8 p.m. ET.
Reported via:
More must-reads:
+
Get the latest news and rumors, customized to your favorite sports and teams. Emailed daily. Always free!