I'm already Hearing!
So i'm already hearing all the great things about Foles after today's dreadful loss. So let me start off by saying: I listened to most of this game while doing some Zip Lining w/ the woman and came back home on the 3rd quarter drive where Nick Foles missed Avant and settled for a Field Goal.
First let me share all the crap i've been hearing:
- Foles can't handle when the defensive line gives him pressure.
- Foles is Injury Prone
- Foles isn't accurate!
- Vick has never had a game where he has looked this badly!
- Vick took his team to the playoffs in his second season as QB
- If Foles is soo great, why didn't Andy Reid go after him in the offseason
- Now that people can prepare for Foles, he CAN'T WIN
- Foles can't beat a good defense
Ok so before I respond to these absurd comments I want to note, that NO ONE is talking about Nick Foles Groin injury that i heard people bring up multiple times during the game. You and I have seen this guy play multiple times throughout this season and last season and he has always been accurate. Somehow today he wasn't.. Did it really not have anythign to do w/ his groin?? I disagree. I think it had a lot to do w/ his groin!
- Foles CAN handle pressure. Last season he started 7 games w/ an offensive line that was dreadful, no Djax, No McCoy, No Celek, No Jason Peters, No Maclin (a few games) and still had a 61% completion percentage through his rookie season.
- Yeah, a possible concussion - I will say this makes me worry bout the Kolb factor a little
- Foles career average: 61% accuracy. Vick career average 56% accuracy
- Vick (2012 10/7 against Steelers: 2 Fumbles for Loss. 2 Interceptions 20 for 30 w/ 175 yards completed. 16 yards running. Probably not his worst game. but I went to this game and it was the game I decided I was ready to move on from Vick This wasn't Vicks 8th game of his career. it was SEASONS into his career.
- Andy Reid did go after Foles in the off season. Chip told him NO. The story got very little acknowledgement on the Radio, but this definitely happened.
- Tampa prepared for Foles and they had Last seasons game tape to prepare. Dallas has GREAT cornerbacks and when you take out mccoy and Djax, where is Foles supposed to throw? Riley Cooper is ALL that he had left. So yeah. on top of Foles being Inaccurate today, this offense needs more playmakers.
- Foles has beaten good defenses in the past. I hope to see him come back and do it again.
In the end, anyone that is against Foles (RIGHT NOW) is a racist or a Jerk! There is absolutely no reason to hope for this man to Fail! Yet i see people doing it all the time. The people against Vick are not against him because of Racism. We actually LOVE Vick! VIck is an awesome: Team Leader, Has Heart, Driven, Plays under any circumstances. Wants to win for Philadelphia! it's something we have missed since Mcnabb.
If Vick was 6 Foot 3 inches, he would be a HOFER!!!! BUT HE IS NOT!!! That's the problem. Vick is 33 and not the future. Why WASTE a draft pick on a QB if you MIGHT have one here? and If you think that Foles isn't the future, then WHY NOT FIND OUT 100% certain he isn't the future?
Don't be afraid to give this man a chance. Just because he can't run doesn't mean he can't be a great QB. I see Tom Brady, matthew Stafford, and tons more do great things on the field and these guys can't run.
Tell me right now "You can't compare Foles to Peyton Manning" WElLL Why don't we at least find out what Foles is before you throw him in the freaking GRAVE YOU JERK
All Sports News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?
Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.