• Clemson and Iowa match up for the third time in series history on Tuesday, and for the first time in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. The Tigers have an 8-4 all-time record in challenge games, while the Hawkeyes are 2-7.
• The ACC has won 10 of the 12 challenges to date. This year's challenge will mark the first time 12 games will be played, due to the addition of Nebraska to the Big Ten.
• The Tigers enter the game with a 3-2 record, having defeated Furman last time out by a score of 59-49. It was the third time this season the Tigers held an opponent to 50 points or less. Clemson is 3-0 in such games.
• The Hawkeyes are 4-2 on the season and won 82-72 over Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne over the weekend. Iowa previously lost two straight to Creighton and Campbell.
• Tuesday's matchup features two second-year coaches who worked their way up from the mid-major coaching level. Clemson's Brad Brownell spent four seasons apiece at UNC Wilmington and Wright State before coming to Clemson, while Iowa's Fran McCaffery coached for 14 seasons at Lehigh, UNC Greensboro and Siena before heading to Iowa.
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) -- Andre Young had 19 points, T.J. Sapp added 13 off the bench and Clemson pounded host Iowa 71-55 Tuesday night.
Tanner Smith added 14 rebounds and eight assists for the Tigers (4-2), who won for the ninth time in 13 Big TenACC Challenge contests.
Clemson shot 52 percent from the field and stretched its lead to 20 points early in the second half over the Hawkeyes...
Clemson was held to just 153 yards of total offense in its 34-13 loss to South Carolina on Saturday. That was a season-low total, as were the Tigers' total first downs (12), completions (11) and passing yards (83).
Clemson lost to South Carolina for a third consecutive season. That's the first time that has happened since the Gamecocks won three in a row from 1968...
Virginia Tech did a masterful job limiting Clemson's Sammy Watkins, the ACC's offensive rookie of the year, in its first meeting with the Tigers.
He finished with three catches for 38 yards.
The explosive freshman wide receiver has been slowed by an injured shoulder in recent weeks. The No. 5 Hokies say they're preparing for him to be a threat in the passing game heading...
Below is another video highlight of the South Carolina football win over the Clemson Tigers by the score of 34-13. Enjoy this one below or the video posted earlier. Better yet watch the 2010 highlights then the one below. May the streak continue...
Clemson defensive end Andre Branch has been named a finalist for the Ted Hendricks Award, the honor that goes to the top defensive end in college football. This is the second straight year Clemson has had a finalist for the Hendricks Award, as last year Da'Quan Bowers was the winner.
Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins is the Atlantic Coast Conference's Offensive and Overall Rookie of the Year as announced by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association today. He set league records for freshmen with 72 receptions, 1,073 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns, and provided the Tigers' productive offense with its top big-play threat.
Dec 3, 8:00 PM | Grass of Bank of America Stadium
Virginia Tech Hokies vs Clemson Tigers Odds
The Tigers will try to pay off for their supporters on Saturday when they play host to the Hokies at Bank of America Stadium in Week 14 action.
Supporters of the Hokies have seen them go 11-1 and 4-8 ATS so far this season, while the Tigers are at 9-3 and 7...
Here is a another video of the South Carolina Gamecocks beating the Clemson Tigers in 2011. Much like the others, it is worth watching so go do it now...
Delivered to your inbox
receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web.
Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.