Found November 07, 2012 on
Run the Floor:
1. Amir Carraway is the real deal. He could play at a high major university. The junior who filled the statsheet for Chico State last season is poised for a breakout year for the nationally ranked Wildcats. Against Arizona he had 13 points and 3 boards.
2. Kaleb Tarczewski was the consensus No. 7 player in the class of 2012. The 7-footer played 18 minutes against Chico State but fouled out while failing to record a single rebound. He also had three turnovers and zero assists.
3. A big question mark for Arizona this season will be how well transfer Mark Lyons fits in with the Wildcats. An extremely high volume player at Xavier, he needs to work better with his teammates. Against Chico State he led the team in shots, but only by one. He was also a very efficient 7-9 and scored 20 points. The only red flag was 4 turnovers, but he's still learning how to distribute.
4. Arizona attempted 43 free throws. They haven't attempted more in a regular season game since January 2009, when they shot 51 in a 106-97 win over Washington.
5. This was a 74 possession game and Arizona only turned it over 12 times, which was 16.2% of their possessions. Last year, that 16.2% would have been the 8th best in the nation for an entire season. Arizona was 98th in the nation last year, averaging turnovers on 19% of their trips.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
TUCSON, Ariz. The second-to-last act Solomon Hill made in McKale Center was his only mistake. It was a missed free throw.
Other than that, well, he was all but perfect. And although Arizona is still a work in-progress with a long five months ahead, it did look pretty good in its 98-60 win against Chico State in its final exhibition game before Sunday's season-opener against...
Arizona quarterback Matt Scott, who suffered a concussion in last week's loss at UCLA, is listed as doubtful for Saturday's game against Colorado, according to the injury report released Thursday by Arizona's coaching staff.
If Scott is unable to play, junior B.J. Denker will make his first start for the Wildcats.
Two other starters were also listed as "doubtful...
TUCSON, Ariz. -- It was the middle of August, and the hope of Arizona football was riding on the arm and leadership of a talented but then-relatively-untested senior quarterback Matt Scott.
And in the background, there was his apprentice, B.J. Denker, saying he was going in with the mind set of always thinking he was "a starter," yet clearly knowing Scott was the guy....
Arizona easily defeated Chico State on Tuesday. View the video to see what Solomon Hill and Kevin Parrom have to say about the UA's performance, the overall victory, and more.
With news of Matt Scott's concussion, B.J. Denker could get the start against Colorado. Read on for the Wildcats' thoughts on Denker and more.