Found March 06, 2013 on
Run the Floor:
1. With the loss Indiana falls to 13-4 and is now one game ahead of Ohio State (and 1 1/2 ahead of three other teams). Indiana has lost two of their last three after starting the season 24-3. The Buckeyes are 5-1 since losing at home to the Hoosiers. Ohio State finishes with a home game against Illinois, while IU hits the road to Ann Arbor. IU is guaranteed at least a tie in the Big Ten Title chase, and to prove it they cut down the nets after last night's loss.
2. Aaron Craft hasn't had the junior season that many expected him to have. There was an eight-game stretch in out of conference play where he averaged just 5.0 points per game. Early in Big Ten play he committed 20 turnovers to just 24 assists over six games. Entering last night he'd scored 7 or fewer points in four of his past five games. But against the Hoosiers he was everywhere. He finished with 15 points on 7-10 shooting, and had 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals.
3. Ohio State had 7 blocks, which was 13.1% of Indiana's shot attempts. The Buckeyes have now blocked at least 10% of their opponents' shots in 7 of 17 Big Ten games. In out of conference play they blocked that many in just 1 of 12 games.
4. Ohio State was 67-58 in a 61 possession game. The Buckeyes are now just the 2nd team this season to hold the Indiana offense below a point per possession.
5. Indiana's largest lead was 5-points, with just under 15 minutes left in the game. A minute and a half later they still led 43-40. Over the final 13 minutes of the game Ohio State outscored Indiana 27-15. Indiana had 20 possessions in that stretch and turned the ball over six times.
BEST OF MAXIM
One month after Ohio State revealed its new athletic logo, the football team made a subtle change to its jersey font. In a recent issue of Sports Illustrated, Braxton Miller was photographed wearing the updated uniform.
The crew at Eleven Warriors was among the first to notice the “triangular serif” on Miller’s no. 5 jersey. Before and after pictures from the site are available...
Se’Von Goodman, a 6-foot-5 245-pound defensive end was a redshirt freshman for the Ohio State Buckeyes in 2012, but has since been given a release from the school.
According to the Columbus Dispatch, Goodman is considering transferring to Louisville if it can be worked out.
The Canton, OH., native was a four star prospect coming out of high school in 2012. He redshirted during...
All credit goes to the kid who made in on YouTube, this is a GREAT OSU pump-up video. Makes me ready for football season to start, and even more pumped for tonight’s game against Indiana. Hopefully the basketball team comes out with the kind of energy Buckeye fans get from these videos. Let’s Go Bucks!
The Ohio State football team was on postseason probation this past year, otherwise they would have been playing in the Big Ten Championship game and possibly the National Championship game. Regardless, they finished the season 12-0 and have now added a banner to the Woody Hayes Center, just in time for the first spring practice. Not a bad accomplishment for Urban Meyer in his...
COLUMBUS, Ohio - It's always football season at Ohio State.
Rules and circumstances have kept Urban Meyer off the practice field for 103 days, but that ends Tuesday with the official start of Meyer's second spring practice.
He'll be on the accelerator.
Much has changed since last spring, when Meyer and most of the assistant coaches were new to the job. The offense...
Two weeks ago, the Ohio State basketball team suffered an embarrassing 71-49 blowout at Wisconsin, a loss that sent the Buckeyes to fifth place in the Big Ten race and little hope of earning a share of their fourth consecutive Big Ten crown. Three victories later - and some upsets elsewhere - and OSU is rejuvenated by its new life.
Spring has sprung -- at least it has in the Woody Hayes Athletic Center. The Ohio State football team staged two-plus hours of practice as it began its allotment of 15 spring practices, and there was a lot to like in the eyes of head coach Urban Meyer.
Tom Crean met with the media following Indiana’s 67-58 loss to Ohio State on Tuesday night at Assembly Hall.
Watch and listen to his postgame comments in the embedded media player below:
Ohio State confirmed shortly after Tuesday's practice that redshirt freshman defensive end Sevon Pittman, who was not present, has been granted his release from the team.
Everything was assembled for Indiana to have the party of the year on Tuesday night. The Hoosiers were playing for sole possession of a Big Ten title — one they hadn’t won since 1993 — and against the very team they manhandled just weeks ago at Ohio State. Plus, they were prepared to honor their three seniors, a class of guys responsible for bringing the Indiana program back...
Deshaun Thomas and Aaron Craft scored nine of Ohio State's points in a decisive 11-2 run, leading the 14th-ranked Buckeyes past No. 2 Indiana 67-58 on Tuesday night.
Thomas finished with 18 points and Craft added 15 as the Buckeyes (22-7, 12-5 Big Ten) won their fourth straight.
Indiana had big plans for Senior Night.
After clinching a share of its conference league title...
In their best performance of the season, Ohio State knocked off the #2 Indiana Hoosiers on their Senior Night in Assembly Hall. A truly amazing effort by the Buckeyes, Indiana were out hustled, out “toughed”, and thoroughly out played by the rowdy Buckeye bunch.
On a night that could have very well been decided by the play of Ohio State’s bigs, Aaron Craft and Shannon Scott...
Throughout this season, the Ohio State Buckeyes have had their trials and tribulations on the offensive end of the floor. At times, playing both junior point guard Aaron Craft and sophomore point guard Shannon Scott simultaneously — while ideal on the defensive end — has damaged Ohio State’s halfcourt offensive attack due to a lack of outside shooting from those two.
A big win for Ohio State (image courtesy of USA Today.)
We had to wait until the final week of the season but the Buckeyes finally have a signature road win.
Ohio State went into Assembly Hall in Bloomington and pushed Indiana around 67-58. The win gives, Thad Matta’s Buckeyes, a signature road win. We have been waiting for that since a November evening at Cameron Indoor Stadium...