Oswaldo Arcia, OF, Twins (High-A Fort Myers): 4-for-4, HR (5), R, RBI.
Arcia was seen as a potential breakout candidate in 2011, but after a great start to the season, elbow surgery delayed things. That left him far too off the radar, as the 21-year-old Venezuelan is off to another great start, going 10-for-15 in his last four games to lift his season averages to .314/.365/.512. With a plus hit tool, the potential for plus power and more than enough arm for right field, Arcia is the kind of offensive prospect the Twins desperately need, and a healthy, productive season could move him into Top 100 territory.
Others Of Note:
- Jorge Bonifacio, OF, Royals (Low-A Kane County): 3-for-5, 2B, HR (4), 2 R, 4 RBI. Third straight multi-hit game and home runs in back-to-back ones; .319/.378/.462 on the season.
- Archie Bradley, RHP, Diamondbacks (Low-A South Bend): 4.1 IP, 6 H, 9 R (8 ER), 2 BB, K. Has hit disturbing rough spot; 14.1 IP, 16 H, 16 R, 9 BB, 8 K in last three strarts.
- Drake Britton, LHP, Red Sox (High-A Salem): 6 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K. There's been some real progress of late with 2.10 ERA in five May starts and 29 Ks in 25.2 innings.
- Domonic Brown, OF, Phillies (Triple-A Lehigh Valley): 3-for-5, HR (1), R, RBI. First home runs comes in 35th game as enigma continues; .264/.302/.380 overall.
- Alex Castellanos, 2B, Dodgers (Triple-A Alburquerque): 3-for-4, 2B, HR (5), R, RBI, 2 SB. 7-for-16 with 13 total bases since return to lineup and .379/.476/.759 overall; could get a look soon.
- Travis D'Arnaud, C, Blue Jays (Triple-A Las Vegas): 3-for-5, 2B, R, RBI, K. You want hot? How about 16-for-32 in seven games with 36 total bases? Up to .328/.385/.603 overall and among the top prospects in the game.
- Garin Cechini, 3B, Red Sox (Low-A Greenville): 2-for-4, HR (3), R, 2 RBI, SB. Hitting .346 in May and .312/.394/.457 overall with scouts projecting future power.
- Michael Choice, OF, Athletics (Double-A Midland): 4-for-5, HR (4), 3 R, RBI, BB, K. SB. Most shocking aspect to season is 41 of 50 hits being singles; .263/.352/.353 in 49 games.
- Keury De La Cruz, OF, Red Sox (Low-A Greenville): 3-for-4, 2 R, K. Featured earlier in the week and just keeps hitting; .315/.363/.570 in 48 games.
- Matt Den Dekker, OF, Mets (Double-A Binghamton): 2-for-4, 2B, HR (7), 2 R, 2 RBI, K. Plus-plus centerfielder is shocking scouts with hitting ability; .310/.375/.533 overall.
- Wilmer Flores, 3B, Mets (High-A St. Lucie): Home runs in three of last five games and .321/.361/.533 on the season; time to take him more seriously.
- Scooter Gennett, 2B, Brewers (Double-A Huntsville): 2-for-5, R, RBI. 13-game hitting streak and batting .362 in 27 May games; .319/.365/.432 overall.
- Angelo Gumbs, 2B, Yankees (Low-A Charleston): 2-for-3, 2B, HR (5), 2 R, RBI. Here comes the power? Home runs in three of last five games and up to .268/.318/.430 overall.
- Allen Hanson, SS, Pirates (Low-A West Virginia): 3-for-4, HR (7), 2 R, 2 RBI. Trying to finish ugly May with a bang; 9-for-15 in last four games and .345/.404/.597 overall.
- Rymer Liriano, OF, Padres (High-A Lake Elsinore): 2-for-4, R, 2 RBI, BB, 2 K, SB. Ugly start is firmly is rear view mirror with .330/.393/.453 line in 27 May games.
- Tyler Matzek, LHP, Rockies (High-A Modesto): 8 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 9 K. Season-high Ks and has suddenly reeled off three straight excellent starts; 2.64 ERA with 66 strikeouts in 58 innings.
- Rougned Odor, 2B, Rangers (Low-A Hickory): 3-for-4, 2B, 2 R, SB, CS. 15-for-32 during eight game hitting streak and .300/.363/.494; will have to hit all the way up the ladder, and looks like he can.
- Mike Olt, 3B/1B, Rangers (Double-A Frisco): 2-for-4, 2B, R, RBI, K. Twenty total bases in his last seven games and up to .290/.396/.542 overall; would have been a reasonable addition to this week's piece on blocked prospects.
- Rafael Ortega, OF, Rockies (High-A Modesto): 3-for-4, 2B, R, 2 RBI, BB, CS. Has shown improved plate discipline to go with line drive bat and excellent defense; .325/.376/.423 in 37 games.
- Chris Parmelee, 1B, Twins (Triple-A Rochester): 3-for-4, HR (3), 2 R, 5 RBI, BB, K, CS. Home runs in three straight game and 23 total bases in eight games since demotion.
- Matt Purke, LHP, Nationals (Low-A Hagerstown): 5 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 BB, K. Official pro debut; stuff was way off with 86-90 mph fastball and little command.
- Trayvon Robinson, OF, Mariners (Triple-A Tacoma): 3-for-5, 2B, R, 2 RBI. Third straight multi-hit game and hitting after drawing just three walks in April, he's back to patient ways with 17 in May; .270/.332/.417 overall.
- Aderlin Rodriguez, 3B/1B, Mets (Low-A Savannah): 2-for-4, 2 HR (8), 2 R, 2 RBI. Crazy raw power, but enough hitting skills to tap into? .254/.336/.459 in 49 games.
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff