Found April 16, 2013 on
Pass The Pill:
Even when the news on Kobe Bryant’s injury was not official, fans and commentators started to wonder whether he would be an amnesty casualty. The news out of Laker camp is that amnestying Kobe Bryant has not been discussed. But if he were to be amnestied the team that would catch Kobe’s attention would have to be a contender, would need to be good enough to survive without him until the All-Star break, and would need to have a strong leadership presence to absorb a personality like Kobe. Here are the potential Kobe suitors.
1) L.A. Clippers – Chris Paul and Kobe finally unite! This would make too much sense for it not to happen. The Clippers have the talent needed to survive without Kobe, the veteran leadership in Paul, and are a contender in need of a shooting guard. Kobe would get to stay in Los Angeles and the rivalry between Lakers and Clippers gets more defined. However, the Clippers would need to get a new coach that Kobe respects because there is no way he won’t clash with Del Negro.
2) Chicago Bulls – Kobe has always been compared to MJ, so why not finish your career in the city that MJ owned. The Bulls have shown that they can play without their superstar this season and with D-Rose coming back next season, Kobe would not be rushed. Playing under Coach Thibs might be a problem for Kobe, since he likes to play his players 40+ minutes per game, but the Bulls are in need of a shooting guard to take the 4th quarter scoring pressure off of Rose and the emergence of Butler will take the defensive pressure off of Kobe.
3) Boston Celtics – The picture of a young Kobe in a Celtic jersey has been shown many times, but it could become a reality. Doc Rivers loves Kobe and would make a play for him. Pairing him up with Garnett, Rondo, and Pierce would give Boston a tough, extremely competitive basketball team.
4) Houston Rockets – The Rockets are on the list because they have money, and lots of it. If Kobe is amnestied, the team that enters the most amount of money will have him on their team. The Rockets would then have a starting lineup of Harden, Kobe, Parsons, a power forward (maybe Josh Smith?), and Asik with Lin coming off the bench. That team could contend for a title.
5) Dallas Mavericks - Mark Cuban does not like losing and after a lost season, he will look to make a splash during the offseason. Is there a bigger splash than pairing Dirk with Kobe “freakin” Bryant? I think not!
Dark horse: San Antonio Spurs
The post Kobe Landing Spots appeared first on Pass The Pill - Kings of Hoops.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
On Thursday, Kobe Bryant became the first-ever player to log at least 47 points, eight rebounds, five assists, four blocks and three steals in a game. He did so while playing all 48 minutes of the Lakers' 113-106 win over Portland.
On Friday, Bryant had played every second of the first 44:54 of the Lakers' next game -- an occurrence that was becoming the status quo -- when...
The playoff picture shifted on Monday night as the Houston Rockets (45-36) lost on the road in Phoenix to the Suns.
The idle Lakers (44-37) have one game remaining - against the same Rockets who are now just one game ahead. By virtue of a better conference record, a Lakers' victory would secure the seventh seed in the Western Conference, much to the delight of Kobe Bryant, who...
Although Kobe Bryant's season is over, Dwight Howard thinks the Los Angeles Lakers' fun has just begun.
The Lakers are still digesting the news they'll be without their top scorer and team leader for the rest of the season after Bryant tore his Achilles tendon last week.
The rest of Los Angeles' roster rallied for a win over powerful San Antonio on Sunday night...
JR The Bossman (@JRTheBossman) will be joined by Robert Littal (@BlkSportsOnline), CEO/Founder of BlackSportsOnline.com to talk about the top stories in sports and entertainment such as the Boston Bombings, Kobe Bryant and the LA Lakers Playoff Hopes, Royce White paying for abortions and educate the Dollarnaires on things that will ensure success in their everyday lives.
Melo's hot streak continued.
MIAMI Like seemingly everyone in the NBA, LeBron James was saddened by the season-ending injury to Kobe Bryant. But James said its not going to change anything he does.
The Miami Heat star doesnt plan to be extra cautious. He said it wont affect how much he might play with USA Basketball during future summers.
If you play your professional life worried about injuries, youre never...
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Dwight Howard had 26 points and 17 rebounds, and the Los Angeles Lakers staged a dramatic rally in the fourth quarter for a win in their first game since losing Kobe Bryant for the season, beating the San Antonio Spurs 91-86 Sunday night to stay in position for a playoff berth.
Steve Blake scored 23 points for the Lakers (44-37), who lead Utah (42-38) by 1 games...
(Enter Aaron's giveaway with Captain Morgan, to win great prizes including an iPad mini and more!!)
Although you may not be familiar with his name, there isn’t anyone as well-respected in NBA circles than Tim Grover. The famed NBA trainer has been working with, and getting results from some of the league’s best, including Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade since...
With the 2012-13 NBA season wrapping up and the playoffs just days away, the kind folks over at Fox Sports Radio 1037 The Game in Louisiana invited your truly to talk what else... the NBA.
From Kobe Bryant's injury affecting the Lakers, the 2013 NBA Draft to the Spurs signing Tracy McGrady, we cover it all during this interview.
Crossover would like to thanks the fellas...
The San Antonio Spurs (58-21) visit the Los Angeles Lakers (43-37) tonight at the Staples Center to begin a two-game road trip out on the West coast. Both teams are in flux right now with the Spurs dealing with injuries to key players. For the Spurs, they will be without Boris Diaw and Manu Ginobli who are dealing with injuries and recently had a shake up to the roster as the team...
Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard knows that all of the pressure is on him after Kobe Bryant went down with a ruptured Achilles Friday night. While Dwight did well in his first game post Kobe (26 pts, 17 rbs), he has knows it will take a lot more than just one game to convince Lakers fans that he is the man to lead the franchise into these playoffs and the future.
Photo courtesy of Noah Graham, Getty Images
In a pre-game interview, John Ireland asked Coach Mike D’Antoni what he planned to tell the team in order to get ready for tonight’s game.
“Bad things are gonna happen, “ D’Antoni said. “But don’t tie your troubles together.”
There were certainly troubles with which the Lakers had to face tonight. A team who averaged the...