Found June 14, 2013 on
Los Angeles Lakers
San Francisco Giants
San Antonio Spurs
Kansas City Royals
Virginia Tech Hokies
Kansas State Wildcats
Dwyane Wade was in 2006 form as the Miami Heat crashed the Spurs party last night in Game 4 in San Antonio. Meanwhile, back in Miami, the deck at a waterfront sports crashed into the water below.
On the golf course, Phil Mickelson got off to a great start at the U.S. Open despite having flown into Pennsylvania at 4 a.m., while a soggy Tiger struggled early in a group that was anything but ideal .
In baseball, there's reason to believe the Giants' top arms may be out of gas , and on the ice, the Bruins and Blackhawks are still recovering from Game 1.
As for the rest of the news, here's what you may have missed:
- OK, yeah, San Antonio Spurs pizza is impressive:
Pretty damn impressive pizza made by a Spurs fan: http://t.co/tXB6tbwpLF
-- Jimmy Traina (@JimmyTraina) June 14, 2013
- Tickets for NBA Finals Game 6 go on sale today at 2 p.m.
- Check out these incredible photos of the deck collapse at a Miami sports bar last night.
- Johnny Football belts out some country music:
- Is Sehawks coach Pete Carroll a 9/11 truther ?
- Decisions, decision for the nation's top offensive lineman. Will it be Alabama or LSU ?
- Move over, Kansas City Royals and your lucky BBQ sauce -- the LSU baseball team has found success though the power of "rally corn."
- Speaking of the Royals, sales of their special sauce are booming .
- Please, someone find Dwyane Wade pants that fit:
Dwyane Wade arrives for Game 4... pic.twitter.com/Bq6PahjdWE
-- Beyond The Buzzer (@BeyondTheBuzzer) June 13, 2013
- Chicago clothing company creates "Chicago Stronger" shirts , later pulls them from site.
- A recent middle school grad landed a scholarship offer from UCLA.
- But that's nothing compared to the seventh grader who just got an offer from Kentucky.
- Dwight Howard to play a turkey named Cold Turkey in an animated film about turkeys.
- Johnny Miller on Sergio Garcia being heckled: "He sort of earned it."
- Tony Stewart gives journalists a trip around Daytona .
- David Ortiz is done with the Home Run Derby .
- UFC fighter implies gay marriage could lead to to incest, pedophilia, polygamy
- Suspended Virginia Tech football player convicted of assault and battery , gets 12 months probation, must pay $13,403.
- Ross Ohlendorf's new windup is old school:
- UConn hoops assistant, 73, announces his retirement after 43 years in college basketball.
- Minnesota man dies after falling out of deer stand .
- A thank you letter from a former Kansas State basketball player to the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Lee Westwood hits ball into grandstands at US Open, fan catches it:
- WNBA assistant to make her seventh trip to the White House.
- Micheal Ray Richardson, Otis Birdsong host basketball camp for tornado victims.
- It's raining beef jerky! (Is this heaven?)
- Brady Quinn has some competition for the backup spot in Seattle.
- Marco Scutaro might have a bent finger ... forever.
- Not good enough for the bigs, this guy cleans up at the poker table .
- Ivy League-educated history major Chris Berman has no idea how Ben Franklin discovered electricity.
- Football is back... if you consider CFL exhibition game football.
- Josh Jarboe is trying to make a fresh start with the Calgary Stampeders.
- Check out this couple's impressive billiards trick shot video :
- An Australian study found that size does matter in the locker room.
- Rosi Sexton to be first British female ultimate fighter .
- Let us conclude with a little political advice from one Jose Canseco:
Mr. President @barackobama you should invite the syrian guy over for one of those beer meetings and hug things out.
-- Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) June 14, 2013 hey buddy @barackobama time to unleash the hounds and turn that syrian bastard into glass. push the button dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-- Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) June 14, 2013
BEST OF MAXIM
To all those who hated on Dwyane Wade’s trending capri pants he wore in the 2nd round of the 2013 NBA playoffs, guess what? It didn’t phase him at all, as he arrived for game 4 of the 2013 NBA finals wearing similar cut trousers in white. I guess it was chilly in San Antonio last night, as Wade wore his cropped trousers with a black $1586 Gucci peacoat, and chic pair of $950...
Critics seem quick to judge the other two-thirds of Miami’s highly-regarded “big three.” Just because Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh aren’t superstar status, doesn’t mean they aren’t still capable of holding a decently heavy amount of weight. Chris Bosh clearly isn’t the same player he used to be, but that is largely a result of the system he is in. Dwyane Wade hasn’t...
Do you like Dwayne Wade?
Do you like highlights?
Do you like super-slow motion?
Well this video from the NBA is right up your alley: Wade's Game 4 highlight reel in super-slo motion.
SAN ANTONIO Dwyane Wade declared 2 years ago he no longer wanted to be known as "Flash, the nickname teammate Shaquille ONeal gave the high flyer before the Miami Heats 2006 title run.
For least one night, though, Wade said people can go back to calling him that. Not as if he could stop anybody even if he wanted.
Miami forward LeBron James called the guard by the nickname...
The focus prior to last night’s Game 4 of the NBA Finals was LeBron James. That is usually the case for the Miami Heat whenever they have a must win game in the playoffs. LeBron had been unable to get going offensively and the debate was whether or not James would be able to go off and score 35+ on the Spurs last night. I didn’t think James could do it as it looked like the...
Amirite? Apparently it helped him play well, do good on you D-Wade.
Article found on: Next Impulse Sports
If I didn’t know any better I swore I saw Dwyane Wade steal the ball, go coast to coast and dunk the ball in game 5 of the NBA Championship. If I’m not mistaken, Dwyane Wade scored 32 points and looked like the 2006 MVP for the first time in the 2013 playoffs. Has this guy been playing possum for the past month or so. Do we need to check his urine after...
Dwyane Wade has struggled mightily in the postseason playing through an injured knee, averaging 14.2 points, he broke through Thursday night and delivered a performance - 32 points, six assists, four rebounds and six steals – reminiscent of his days as “Flash,” a “greatest in the universe” superhero nickname given to him by former teammate Shaquille O’Neal prior to the...
San Antonio Spurs castoff Stephen Jackson, made an appearance on ESPN’s First Take today and talked about his falling out with his former team, the NBA Finals. and he even dropped a freestyle for the crew.
When asked if he thought the Spurs could win the series, Jackson said he thought they could because in his opinion, LeBron and Dwyane Wade are scared to shoot the ball.
Los Angles Lakers forward Metta World Peace says he’s a big fan of Miami Heat star LeBron James. But he thinks the reigning MVP needs to step it up in the NBA Finals. “Mentally, the Spurs are strongest right now,” World Peace told ESPNLosAngeles.com prior to the Heat’s 113-77 loss to
Danny Green certainly isn’t cocky, which is surprising, given his lights-out shooting thus far in the NBA Finals.
Still, the Spurs guard, who shrugged after Game 3 that his team’s success in reining in LeBron James has as much to do with James “stopping himself” as with anything the Spurs have done, stayed on the humble train on Thursday. Green was asked about his (and his...
SAN ANTONIO What happened: Miamis Big Three are back.
At least they were Thursday night
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh had their best combined outing in awhile. It came when the Heat were in dire need of a victory, and they got one at the AT&T Center. The 109-93 triumph tied the NBA Finals 2-2.
James had 33 points, Wade had 32 and Bosh had 20 points and 13 rebounds...
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Tony Parker's hamstring, not Dwyane Wade's knee, is the current chief injury concern.
Manu Ginobili, not Chris Bosh, is mired in the slump of the moment.
Things change quickly at the NBA Finals, and with everything suddenly seeming right with the Miami Heat, it's up to the San Antonio Spurs to change them back Sunday night in Game 5.