BACK! After a hellish month of August, I return for September with a furry…or as better said a look at the 2012 NFL Season. I know predictions mean nothing but I like them so I am going to do them. I figure, if I get one out of 10-things right, I can boast about that all off-season neglecting the other inept things I spit out.
10.) 50% of teams that made the playoffs last year, won’t this year. They are…
- Denver Broncos – I think the division will be too competitive
- Cincinnati Bengals – I don’t believe in Andy Dalton
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Injuries and getting old
- New York Giants – It’s how the Giants roll, so up and down
- Detroit Lions – big heads and tough division derail things
- New Orleans Saints – Half bounty sanction, half better division
9.) The 6-teams that didn’t make it last year that will this year…
- Chicago Bears – I am have been drinking the Jay Cutler Kool-Aid for a few years now…
- Philadelphia Eagles – Yup, it’s Mike Vick’s time to shine! Plus I think their defense will be improved
- Tampa Bay Bucs – Yup, my out on a limb SHOCKER!!! Hey, it could happen, right? 3-teams from AFC East…
- San Diego Chargers – in Phillip Rivers I trust (for some reason)
- Buffalo Bills – I LOVE what they did on defense, hard to pass them by
- Oakland Raiders – I think they will ride the coattails of San Diego as being a top heavy division…plus, the AFC is wide open enough where 9-7 WILL be a Wild Card
8.) Andrew Luck will outperform RG3
- It’s the question that everyone is asking…who will fair better??? The NFL is a PASSING league right now and because of that, I give the edge to Luck. I think RG3 will be solid, maybe Andy Dalton esque with some running flare but Luck will have more success. I also like his weapons a lot better…
7.) No QB will toss for over 5,000 yards
- Last year, we saw three signal callers break a 27-year-old record and do something that was only done twice before in league history. I think teams will be doing more to stop the pass this year and therefore some of the eye-popping passing numbers will take a step back. Don’t get me wrong, teams will be built on the pass game but it will subside quickly.
6.) The replacement refs will be gone by October
- I give the refs credit for standing up to the all-mighty NFL. The league walks around like all must bow…the players last year didn’t and the league caved. I think we will see the same thing this year. The league doesn’t realize how much they need the officials. After 1, or god forbid 2-3 weeks, of ******** from the fans…the NFL will have to fold their stance.
5.) Tim Tebow will start more games at QB than Mark Sanchez
- How much pressure will he be under this year? Not only is he playing in New York where they hate everyone, he has not had a “breakout” season yet. On top of that, the Jets traded for Jesus Jr. who everyone loves no matter what! Sanchez doesn’t last and Tebow leads the Jets to their inevitable 8-8 record.
4.) Aaron Rodgers will repeat as NFL MVP
- Yup. Best player in the league on the best roster will get the award that goes to him for the 2nd year-in-a-row. In case you are wondering, Packers 13-3 is my prediction.
3.) The Houston Texans will win the AFC
- It’s been a steady climb to the top for Houston. It took a while, but last year they left their mark on the League. If Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson stay healthy, LOOKOUT! Playing in a crappy division doesn’t hurt either…
2.) The Green Bay Packers will win the NFC
- Let me clarify…I AM NOT A PACKER FAN! If their defense is a little bit better, they will once again be the team to beat. After last year’s late collapse and a tougher division to play in, the Packers will be better prepared to make a run at the Lombardi Trophy.
1.) The Green Bay Packers will win the Super Bowl
- Because I said so…
Justin Hull is the host of the “Home Stretch” heard 2p-5p on 95.3 FM, WSCO Radio n Green Bay/Appleton, Wisconsin and Sports Reporter for WHBY Radio in Appleton, WI. He is not a writer by trade so grammar and spelling errors should be expected. Feel free to email justin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any corrections. Also, follow him on twitter (@jh1570) or facebook.
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff