With NFL Week Three about to start tonight, we not even a quarter through the NFL schedule, yet several superstars are off to slow starts. It’s not quite time to start overly concerning yet but this is a big make or break week for some of the star players who have yet to show up on the field. Whether you’re a fantasy football owner or simply a fan of a player in an early slump (rare to come by these days) this is hopefully the week some of your guys starting getting their grove on.
Here is a list of players I expect to get out of their slump this week and some not so much….
1) Jamaal Charles, Chiefs
- Charles was banged up week two as later we found out that coach Romeo Crennel said that Charles struggled with knee bruises however he has returned to practice in full participation. Coming off season-ending injury early last season, Charles showed flashes in week 1 only to struggle mightily week 2.
Charles gets a juicy Saints run D in week three that is one of the league's weakest units. Charles should be able to use his shifty skills to break out a couple of runs and get back on track for the Chiefs.
2) D-Mac, Raiders
- There is no science to this, when Darren McFadden is healthy he is a top five NFL back, I understand the Raiders blocking scheme might not match his running style but there is simply too much skill there to ignore.
3) Eric Decker, Broncos
- There was a lot of preseason hype around Decker being Manning's guy but we just haven’t seen it yet. With talk of Manning’s struggle with the deep ball and how it might affect his confidence, don’t be surprised if he starts to find Decker more often on those shorter routes.
4) Dez Bryant, Cowboys
- See D-Mac…. Too much talent to ignore, although O-line has to give Tony Romo the time to throw it deep to the big guy.
5) Kenny Britt, Titans
- This one isn’t really fair as he was on a snap count in his first week back and needed to be eased back in the offense but I expect Britt to now be the focal point in the Titans offense.
Players who might continue their slow start
1) Marques Colston, Saints
- Colston has struggled with an injury and doesn’t appear as fast as he normally does according to interim head coach Aaron Kromer. With the emergence of TE Jimmy Graham, Colston is no longer the No. 1 passing option in New Orleans, and he just doesn’t seem healthy. Colston lines up against a healthy Brandon Flowers who is a tough go. I expect another slow stat line for Colston this week.
2) Chris Johnson, Titans
- While the offensive line isn’t really helping Chris, I just don’t see it anymore. Johnson just doesn’t appear to be the same player he was in his 2000-yard season. Ever since his payday, he has checked out.
3) Steven Jackson, Rams
- Whether it was an injury or a benching that kept him out of the 2nd half in week 2, there is something up with this mysterious backfield now in St Louis. Jackson who has shared the load in St Louis for quite some time might start slightly losing some carries to the rookie Richardson. That being said, Jackson will still run the show.
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?