Found January 24, 2012 on
Nashville Predators 4, Columbus Blue Jackets 1
Bridgestone Arena; Nashville, Tennessee
January 23, 2012
* Defenseman Brett Lebda came over to the Preds in the Matthew Lombarditrade with Toronto last summer. He was almost immediately bought out. Last week, out of desperation, Columbus signed him to a one-year deal. Monday night was his first game in a Jackets sweater.
* Nashville out shot Columbus 12-3 in the opening period.
* Columbus returned the favor, out shooting the Preds 16-12.
* Rick Nash‘s goal was his 20th career goal against the Predators.
* Nash led all skaters with five shots on goal.
* Mike Fisher‘s second goal of the night was the elusive Goo Goo Goal. You can read more about it HERE.
* Ryan Suter missed the three previous games with an upper-body injury. He returned to action on Monday night and collected two assists.
* Pekka Rinne is now 17-2-0 in his last 20.
* He hasn’t allowed more than two goals since January 5.
* It was also Rinne’s ninth ...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Pekka Rinne’s recent dominant stretch shouldn’t come as any surprise. The all-world goaltender usually performs better and better as the games become more and more important. With that in mind, Rinne is recharging the batteries for late-season playoff push.Rinne has started 45 of the Predators’ 50 games this year, which is a 74-start pace. Head coach Barry Trotz believes...
COLUMBUS, OHIO The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated left wing R.J. Umberger off injured reserve and recalled left wing Dane Byers from the Springfield Falcons, Columbus American Hockey League affiliate, club Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Scott Howson announced today.
Umberger, 29, has missed the last five games due to an upper body injury...
Tonight's game between the Predators and the Blue Jackets is "Service Industry Night" anyone can get half price tickets by going here and use the offer code "service". For additional information, go here.TV-Radio...7:00 p.m. CST TV: Fox Sports Tennessee. Preds Radio Network (102.5-FM The Game)Stage Setter...For the second time in a week, the Predators...
The Nashville Predators bent but did not break as the Chicago Blackhawks did everything they could to try to come back and beat the Nashville Predators with a big third period push at the United Center on Tuesday night.Nashville survived the pressure and came away with a 3-1 win that moved them ahead of the Blackhawks into third place with 64 points in the highly contested Central...
The Nashville Predators won their fourth game in a row, and 9 of their last 10, on Tuesday night when they beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-1 at the United Center. The Blackhawks have one of the most impressive home records with only five regulation losses in Chicago entering Tuesday night’s contest.
Fisher scored his third goal in two nights on Tuesday at United Center in Chicago...
The Nashville Predators were fortunate to catch the Chicago Blackhawks during a bit of a lull in the great run that they were on when they surged to the top of the Western Conference. Without Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp they are not nearly as daunting an opponent.Conversely, the Predators may be playing the best hockey in franchise history. Certainly, Pekka Rinne's 18-2...
TV-Radio...7:30 p.m. CST TV: Fox Sports Tennessee. Preds Radio Network (102.5-FM The Game)Stage Setter...The Predators continue on their amazing run and make one last pit stop on the road in Chicago to play the Blackhawks before getting some deserved time off over the All-Star break. The Predators are 9-2-0 in January while Chicago has cooled slightly and are 5-4-2 for the month...
Mike Fisher led the Predators past Columbus 4-1 on Monday night. Fisher scored two goals, which made a total of six goals he scored against the Blue Jackets this season.
Fisher's first goal was the lone goal scored in the first period, in which he took advantage of an Erat steal right next to the net. Erat knocked the puck loose and tapped it ahead toward the net where Fisher...
from Elliotte Friedman of CBC, • With Nashville comfortably in the playoff race, a couple of teams indicated they’d heard defenceman Ryan Suter was off the market and the Predators were going for it. GM David Poile, via email: “Business as usual, trying to sign [him].” By the way, Suter turned 27 on Saturday.
• There are a few reports the Oilers are trying to get Nashville...
Pekka Rinne made 24 saves for his ninth straight win and the surging Nashville Predators beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-1 Tuesday night in the teams' final game before the All-Star break.