Noon CST - TV: Fox Sports TN, MSG Plus, and NHL Network in Canada. Preds Radio Network (102.5-FM The Game)
After surviving an ongoing dog fight in the Western Conference and winning 13 of their last 17 games, the Predators travel to New York to play the Islanders today and the Rangers tomorrow. With back to back games it would not be a complete surprise to see Anders Lindback in net this afternoon. No official announcements have been made.
Make the jump for everything else...
Western Conference Standings...
Team GP Pts
1. * Chicago 46 60
2. * Vancouver 46 59
3. * San Jose 42 55
4. St Louis 44 58
5. Detroit 44 57
6. Nashville 44 54
7. Los Angeles 46 53
8. Minnesota 45 51
9. Colorado 46 50
10. Dallas 42 49
11. Phoenix 45 47
12. Calgary 46 47
This is the only meeting of the season between the Preds and Isles. Last season the Predators won the only meeting which was in Nashville on December 13 when the Predators won 5-0 with Lindback pitching the shutout. The Predators are 6-0-2 in the last eight games against the Isles who have not beaten the Preds in regulation since the captured a 5-2 win in Nashville on April 11, 2002.
Last Time Out...
Nashville played one of their best games of the season, beating Philadelphia in Smashville in front of a sold out Bridgestone Arena in a highly entertaining game.
The Islanders defeated Buffalo 4-2 in Nabokov's 300 th career win plaing in front of the home crowd.
Top Scorers (G-A-Pts)...
Nashville - S. Weber (9-23-32), M. Erat (10-19-29), D. Legwand (12-15-27), C.Smith (9-17-26), R. Suter (5-20-25) and C. Wilson (8-15-23)
Islanders - J. Tavares (15-27-42), M. Moulson (21-18-39), P. Parenteau (7-30-37) and M. Streit (2-19-21)
In Goal (W-L-O, GAA, save %)...
Nashville - P. Rinne (23-11-4, 2.54, .920) and A. Lindback (2-4-0, 2.75, .893)
Islanders - E. Nabokov (Probable Start) (7-11-0, 2.64, .909), Kevin Poulin (0-1-0, 3.07, .897), and A. Montoya (6-5-3, 2.46, .917)
Teams Predators Islanders Record25-15-4 (54) 16-20-6 (38) Last 107-3-05-5-0Home Record 14-7-310-10-3Road Record11-8-16-10-3Power Play (rank)21.6 (3)19.3 (7)Penalty Kill (rank)82.1 (19)83.2 (10)Goals For (rank)2.70 (13)2.36 (27)Goals Allowed (rank) 2.68 (12)3.07 (26)Shots For (rank)27.5 (27)30.0 (15)Shots Allowed (rank)31.2 (24)29.9 (13)Penalty Mins (rank)10.1 (7)9.7 (4)Faceoff % (rank)49.4 (19)48.9 (25)
Nashville - Jerred Smithson (lower body), Craig Smith (illness).
Islanders - Rick DiPietro (Sports hernia/knee swelling), Mark Katic (Shoulder), Al Montoya (Concussion), Mike Mottau (Concussion), and Marty Reasoner (Broken Hand).
- The Predators are 20-2-2 when scoring more than two goals.
- The Predators are 13-0-1 when Nick Spaling scores. He set a career high for points in a season (7g-8a-15pts) on Saturday with his game winner.
- Colin Wilson and Nick Spaling lead the team in GWG with three each.
- Todays game is the 6th of 11 back to back games this season. They are 3-2-0 record on the front end and 2-3-0 on the back end.
- This is one of three matinees for the Preds this year. The Preds beat Calgary 2-0 on 1-1-12 and will play one in Boston on 2-11-12. They are 21-7-7 all time in day games.
- The Preds have comeback from a 2 or 3 goal deficits 6 times this season
- The Preds have a .294 win % when trailing after two periods (5-12-0), Second only to Ottawa in the NHL
- The Preds are 0-24 during the Goo-Goo minute and will have their nest chance on Saturday against the Blackhawks.
Ryan Porth Preview
Long Island Media...
The Islanders Aggregator
Game Notes from NHL Media Services
A Look Ahead for the Preds...
Today @ NY Islanders (noon start)
Tuesday @ NY Rangers 6:30 p.m.
Thursday (1-19) @Columbus 6 p.m.
Saturday (1-21) Chicago Blackhawks 7 p.m.
Monday (1-23) Columbus Blue Jackets 7 p.m.
Tuesday (1-24) @ Chicago Blackhawks
1-25 to 1-30 All-Star Break
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?