Found April 08, 2013 on
Thanks to John Paduhovic of pwtorch.com for sending in this report:
-I graded the pay-per-view as disappointing in the poll. There were a lot of cheers after The Miz match, but nothing really during the match.
-I was happy The Shield won but I was looking forward to the Randy Orton heel turn, but it was good match. The Shield didn’t get a too loud of reaction but my section started a “Let’s go Ambrose” chant.
-Mark Henry got a decent pop for the surprise ending, but I don’t think anyone gained anything from the match.
-There isn’t much to mention about the short tag title match other than a few close near falls.
-The most disappointing match was with Fandango winning with the simple roll up. After the match, Chris Jericho played to the crowd by acting shocked after the loss.
-P Diddy got a decent pop but nothing too impressive.
-Jack Swagger driving the little cart whipping around the corners was funny. The stadium erupted with boos after the match because of no Dolph Ziggler and di...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Dolph Ziggler joined Dave Lagreca and Doug Mortman on Busted Open. Here are highlights from the interview.
If 2013 is going to be his year: “I feel like 2011 and 2012 were supposed to be. I have at least two and a half more months on this Money in the Bank contract so worst case scenario I find a great way to cash this in and smash someone with a briefcase, win the World Heavyweight...
Thanks to Ranjit Chahal for his help with the following newsbits:
– Former WWE star Superstar Billy Graham recently criticized the company because of what CM Punk did on the closing segment of the latest episode of Monday Night RAW. During an interview to promote Wrestlemania 29, Bruno Sammartino took the time to defend the Straight Edge Superstar. Bruno said:
“I think his interviews...
- The Miz captured the WWE Intercontinental Title on tonight’s WrestleMania 29 pre-show by defeating Wade Barrett.
- John Cena captured the WWE Title by defeating The Rock in tonight’s main event.
- WWE scrapped the match with Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and The Bella Twins vs. Tensai, Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi from tonight’s pay-per-view, likely due to time constraints...
WrestleMania 29 is in the books, and here are your official show results:- The Miz defeated Wade Barrett to become the new Intercontinental Champion. Miz won via submission with the figure-four leglock.- The Shield defeated Big Show, Randy Orton and Sheamus when Dean Ambrose pinned Orton. After the match, Big Show knocked out Sheamus and Orton in frustration.- Mark Henry defeated...
– Here is the current schedule of WWE Studios releases…
No One Lives, featuring Brodus Clay, with a limited theatrical run on May 10th.
12 Rounds 2: Reloaded, starring Randy Orton, released on Blu-Ray and DVD on June 4th
Christmas Bounty, starring The Miz, airing on ABC Family in December 2013.
Leprechaun: Origins, starring Hornswoggle, being released in March 2014.
– On the WrestleMania 29 pre-show, The Miz defeated Wade Barrett to win the WWE Intercontinental Title. This had been planned for quite some time.
– John Cena defeated The Rock to win the WWE Title during the WrestleMania 29 main event.
– As noted earlier here on the website and despite being advertised, Brodus Clay, Tensai & The Funkadactyls vs. Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow...
- New WWE Champion John Cena spoke with WWE’s website after last night’s WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view. Cena says he feels like the burden is finally off his back and he’s exhausted. Cena didn’t want to talk about the conversation he and The Rock had at the end of the match.
- WWE’s website also spoke with World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio called his WrestleMania...
Wrestlemania XXIX is in the books and we have all the results for you. Check them out after the jump.
Pre-Show: Wade Barret (c) vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship
Winner: The Miz (new Intercontinental Champion) via figure four leg lock
Miz wins with the figure-four. That sentence was more interesting than the actual match. Remember when the Intercontinental title...
- Wade Barrett defeated The Miz on tonight’s RAW to become a three-time WWE Intercontinental Champion. Miz just won the title from Barrett on the WrestleMania 29 pre-show last night.
- WWE taped the following matches tonight in East Rutherford, NJ to air on WWE Superstars:
* The Usos vs. Primo and Epico
* The Great Khali vs. Darren Young
Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz
even though this match is for the Intercontinental title it will not be anything special because of the fact that it is a pre-show match. If with the fact it is WrestleMania still the pre-show match isn’t suppose to be anything special. I think the Miz walks away with the gold tonight because Barrett holding...
- Wade Barrett defeated The Miz on tonight’s RAW to become a three-time WWE Intercontinental Champion. Miz just won the title from Barrett on the WrestleMania 29 pre-show last night.- WWE taped the following matches tonight in East Rutherford, NJ to air on WWE Superstars:* The Usos vs. Primo and Epico* The Great Khali vs. Darren Young- Dolph Ziggler defeated Alberto Del Rio on...