Found February 17, 2012 on
Jay Bradley, who briefly competed as Ryan Braddock on SmackDown in 2008 and 2009, spoke with Steven Muehlhausen of SportsTownChicago.com about his time with WWE.
On WWE’s Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis, Bradley said, “John is a master politician. He is a very good, cunning businessman. He runs WWE like it’s his company. Which I think is why Vince has him around for so long. Because he’s good at what he does. He takes the heat off of Vince. I couldn’t answer what he’s doing on TV, but if he’s playing a bit of a jerk, yeah its probably close.”
Bradley was also asked what WWE needs to do to recapture a “boom period.”
“Blow up Vince McMahon’s jet with him in it,” he laughingly says. “The whole upper echelon of WWE, which pretty much dictates this industry, needs to go.”
The former WWE Superstar also discusses joining Chicago based promotion Resistance Pro Wrestling. The entire interview is available here.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- TNA Knockout Tara recently spoke with SportsVibe.co.uk. Here are a few highlights:Q: You’ve been with TNA since 2009, what are the major differences you’ve noticed between TNA and WWE?Oh my gosh! the first thing that I realised straight away was that the ‘Knockouts’ were such a main part of the show. When I first arrived we were doing four segments with the girls on one...
WWE’s YouTube page has released several clips from “The Epic Journey of Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson,” which comes out on Tuesday. Here is a clip of Vince McMahon discussing The Rock’s heel turn:
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/therealjeffpeckDownload my wrestling podcast "The Still Real to Us Show" every Thursday at www.wheelhouseradio.com & www.wrestlechat.net
John Laurinaitis is teasing a huge announcement for tonight’s Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. Regarding the announcement, WWE’s website wrote the following:
“What could Laurinaitis possibly have in store? Although there are a few clues in the tweet, whether they can be trusted is anyone’s guess since the wily GM has been known to throw people off the scent. Is he finally...
– Vince McMahon spoke about the first WrestleMania being held at Madison Square Garden during the WrestleMania 29 press conference and said that WrestleMania 29 was “Wrestlemania coming home.”
– As noted earlier, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan were not present for the press conference because they were already scheduled for other media events. Sheamus, Mark Henry and The Bellas...
- WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler appeared at a Wichita Thunder hockey game on Friday night. The Thunder released the following video of Lawler doing an angle with a Missouri Mavericks fan:
- As seen on last Monday’s RAW Supershow, David Otunga told John Laurinaitis that he had an idea which would make Laurinaitis the permanent General Manager of both RAW and SmackDown. Laurinaitis...
One upon a time, before WWE got the F out, Vince McMahon was in a losing fight with WCW to become the number one wrestling organisation on the planet. These day’s, it’s only ever presented as a two horse race, as the victors tend to skew history in their favour. However, it was called the big three for a reason. ECW, the renegade wrestling company were making a big impact on...
(source feed provided no summary content for this entry)
The Rock tweeted the following today about his appearance tomorrow at the WrestleMania 29 press conference. “Breaking news: Wrestlemania 29 press conference. Met Life Stadium. Tomorrow. Electrified. #TeamBringItNY.”
The press conference is scheduled for Thursday morning at 11:00 AM ET at the stadium. Vince McMahon, The Rock, John Cena, Triple H, and Sheamus will be in attendance.