Found April 02, 2013 on
Ring Side News:
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com, where he talked about the three top WrestleMania 29 matches and Monday's RAW:
- Thought that the final segment of Raw involving Taker and Punk was controversial and dramatic and it made me want to see the match between the two even more. I can certainly see where some viewers were uncomfortable with the presentation but perhaps that was the intent. Mark my words, @CMPunk vs. Undertaker will be tougher than a $2 steak to follow.
- The hay is in the barn for Rock vs. Cena. It;'s been over a year since this rivalry started and Sunday is the time for the talking to end and the show closer to deliver. Following everything on the card and attempting to engage the audience who has been at the stadium for hours is daunting but that comes with the territory. I have every belief that the two men that I signed to WWE contracts will rise to the occasion.
- Thought the addition of HBK in HHH's corner vs. Brock Lesnar was a timely touch and that Paul Heyman was excellent on the mic representing his client. Slobber Knocker time for the Cerebral Assassin and the former WWE and UFC champion without question. This one won't be a Brisco vs. Funk catch as catch can masterpiece but it will be car crash-like. I see some sweet chin music in @HeymanHustle future in Jersey. Just saying.
Exclusive New Details on Creative Plans for HHH vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- Paul Heyman recently spoke with Phil Strum of The Poughkeepsie Journal. Here are some highlights:
Phil Strum: You’re not only back in WWE, but you’re a part of two of the three biggest matches at WrestleMania. You’ve been telling some darn good stories for this year’s WrestleMania with CM Punk and Brock Lesnar. Is it safe to say this WWE run has been satisfying to you from...
– Independent wrestler John Zandig turns 42 years old today.
– There are no pro wrestling shows listed for ESPN Classic today.
– NOTE: WZR Radio will be doing a LIVE WrestleMania 29 special this Saturday night at 6EST. Look for the live chatroom and media links around 5EST on Saturday. We’ll be giving our WrestleMania 29 predictions, talking the Hall of Fame, AXXESS and anything...
- Paul Heyman recently spoke with LoHud.com to promote WrestleMania 29. Here are a few highlights:
Q: Pro wrestling is a phenom that just won’t quit. What do you think is behind the sustained fan interest for so many years?
A: WWE has become part of pop culture. It’s an institution. And now, WWE is not just a television staple, a pay-per-view juggernaut and a global touring troop...
– This past Wednesday afternoon hundreds gathered to say goodbye to Reid Flair, 25 at Forrest Hill Church in Charlotte, North Carolina for a 90 minute service. WWE Hall of Fame wrestler Ric Flair was simply a father when he said, “I want to make sure he knows this turnout isn’t because of me, it’s because of who he was and who he affected.” There was a 17 minute video slideshow...
- Randy Orton turns 33 years old today while TNA’s Jesse Sorensen turns 24.
- Ryback will be appearing at the Walmart on Dowlen Road in Beaumont, Texas on May 11th at 1pm.
- Sin Cara, who has been out of action with a concussion, noted on Twitter that he will be at tonight’s WWE RAW from Washington, DC.
- Paul Heyman tweeted the following to hype tonight’s RAW:
- Randy Orton turns 33 years old today while TNA’s Jesse Sorensen turns 24.- Ryback will be appearing at the Walmart on Dowlen Road in Beaumont, Texas on May 11th at 1pm.- Sin Cara, who has been out of action with a concussion, noted on Twitter that he will be at tonight’s WWE RAW from Washington, DC.- Paul Heyman tweeted the following to hype tonight’s RAW:“TOMORROW …...
- Here is video of WWE stars visiting children’s hospitals in New York and New Jersey on Wednesday: - AJ Lee spoke with NJ.com about WrestleMania 29:“Everything has worked out so amazingly, especially for it to be after this whirlwind year that I’ve had. To have WrestleMania literally 10 or 15 minutes from the motel I used to live in with my family is kind of insane.”- CM...
– Shawn Michaels announced on RAW that he’ll be in the corner of Triple H for his match at WrestleMania 29. This should come as no surprise as we’ve been reporting this for several weeks now. Obviously, Paul Heyman will be in the corner of Brock Lesnar. There were also rumors that Stephanie McMahon would appear as well and Paul Heyman hinted at that during RAW. We shall see...
Partial Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch
– Friday’s episode of WWE SmackDown garnered a 2.00 (2.0) cable rating, with 2.85 million people. Those numbers are down a bit from the 2.11 (2.1) cable rating and 2.99 million viewers of the previous week. While the overall rating was down, the show was even among its key male demographics as well as adults 18 – 49, indicating that the...