Found August 22, 2013 on
TWNP-Wrestling News & Information:
WWE has published an article containing quotes from John Cena following his elbow surgery, were he comments on what the next half-year holds for him.
“I plan on using the next couple months to rehab and get healthy as I can, as quickly as I can,” said Cena. “My goal is to return to WWE healthy and strong, and since my expected time away is only six months, this shouldn’t affect WrestleMania.”
John Cena offered words of encouragement for the fans he temporarily leaves behind.
“WWE has never been and never will be dependent on one man, with the exception of Mr. McMahon,” Cena said. “In the coming weeks, WWE will be filled with exciting programming as always, and I’ll have the best seat in the house! Let’s see who captivates the WWE Universe.”
Royal Rumble Plans for John Cena Nixed….
The post John Cena Says His Goal is to Return Healthy & Strong appeared first on TWNP - Wrestling News & Information.
Backstage News on Cena Having Surgery, Goal for His Return
BEST OF MAXIM
Professional wrestling does not get enough credit for being as intense and physical as it is. To do the things that those guys do not only takes insane coordination and strength, but athleticism unlike many professional sports.
As a result, they get hurt, but just like other sports they play/wrestle through the pain. The incredibly popular John Cena has been doing it...
Cena has surgery and addresses fans:
John Cena underwent successful triceps surgery today under WWE Doctor James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama. Cena Tweeted:
“Surgery went very well, Dr Andrews has more than done his part, now I will do mine.”
Speaking of Cena he was this year’s Pro Wrestling Illustrated number one on the PWI 500… “Even after celebrating 11 years on WWE...
Former WWE Champion John Cena underwent surgery earlier this morning with Dr. James Andrews to repair a partial triceps tear. Cena commented on the surgery, writing on Twitter, "Surgery went very well, Dr Andrews has more than done his part, now I will do mine. #playitclean #roadbackisnow @WWEUniverse @ESPN @eonline"
He also commented on his farewell on Monday's Raw...
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The John Cena promo from Monday night, where he discussed doctors advising him not to wrestle at SummerSlam, was reportedly the truth.
The word is that Cena insisted on working the PPV, and putting over Daniel Bryan before he had to leave for four to six months.
- John Cena posted the following photo of his elbow after his triceps surgery.
- WWE is featuring a piece looking at "14 Superstars You Didn't Know Were In WWE," including Crowbar, Public Enemy, Baron Von Raschke, Great Sasuke & more.
- Nikki Bella noted that she will be starting her physical therapy, writing on Twitter, "About to go get my physical therapy...
– The Hell in the Cell PPV pre-sale password is WWEHIC. The show takes place on October 27th in Miami, Florida with tickets going on sale via Ticketmaster tomorrow at 10 AM ET.
– TMZ covered John Cena’s elbow surgery, covering everything that’s been reported up to now. You can read that article here.
– William Regal posted the following to Twitter about Daniel Bryan’s...
- John Cena topped 15 million fans on Facebook today.
- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon were on hand for WWE’s announcement on a new partnership with Milk in Brooklyn, NY this morning. As noted earlier, The Rock recently sported a milk mustache for a print ad for National Milk, which was a continuation of the campaign’s first-ever Super Bowl commercial earlier this year.
- Vince McMahon turns 68 years old today.
- While John Cena is telling people his target for a return to the ring is WrestleMania XXX, within WWE privately people are talking about him returning at the Royal Rumble. That would be just under 5 months after the surgery, which would be pushing it slightly.
- WWE announced on last night’s SmackDown that Daniel Bryan will get his rematch...
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts posted a post-hair surgery photo on Twitter, with the following caption:
The results from hair surgery = Zombi Jake the snake.
- Former WWE broadcaster Jonathan Coachman appeared on the “Mike and Mike” show this morning on ESPN Radio answering questions from Twitter regarding WWE.
- WWE has updated the advertising for upcoming live events. John...
Former 13 time world champion John Cena made his first comments today since his triceps surgery on Tuesday. Cena told WWE.com that he wants to be healthy and put rumors to rest about being at WrestleMania 30 in April.
“I plan on using the next couple months to rehab and get healthy as I can, as quickly as I can,” said Cena. “My goal is to return to WWE healthy and strong, and...
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts posted a post-hair surgery photo on Twitter, with the following caption:“The results from hair surgery = Zombi Jake the snake.”- WWE has updated the advertising for upcoming live events. The injured John Cena has been removed and replaced by Daniel Bryan.- It was announced on Friday’s SmackDown that CM Punk will face Curtis Axel on Monday’s...
Last week, Raw saw a slight uptick in ratings. The trend continued this week.
For the night after SummerSlam, Raw averaged 4.3 million viewers. Last week, the show only averaged about 4.11 million viewers. It also scored a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating. Compare this with Monday Night Football preseason action between Pittsburgh and Washington that averaged 5.575 million viewers,...