Found June 18, 2013 on
Alberto Del Rio
Clash of the Heyman Guys:
CM Punk’s new found affinity with the fans continued on RAW, following his home town victory over Chris Jericho at Payback. Ticked off that Paul Heyman considered him just another “client”, Punk went against his manager’s wishes and booked himself in a match with the controversial Alberto Del Rio. The Best In The World got the victory with a count-out after a GTS sent the World Champ to the outside, but it was after the match when things got interesting.
Instead of “Cult of Personality” blasting through the speakers, Brock Lesnar’s theme hit and the beast left Punk flat on his back with the F5. It seems the WWE isn’t big enough for two Paul Heyman guys…but where does Heyman’s own loyalty lie?
Henry swerves the fans and attacks Cena:
Over the past few weeks Mark Henry has been teasing on Twitter that his retirement was looming. He went as far as to confirm this before this week’s RAW, and during the show the suited and solemn looking Strongman suckered in the audience to believe that he was indeed being put out to pasture, as he joined John Cena in the ring for give a farewell speech.
You see there was one “regret” – Henry revealed that he’s always wanted to win the WWE Championship. Though Cena handed him the belt as a momentary show of respect, Mark Henry’s demeanor switched and he handed the belt back to the Champ. “You have to earn it” – and with that the World’s Strongest Man slammed Cena in to oblivion.
It had all been a ruse to swerve Cena and finish what he started the night after Wrestlemania. Henry later Tweeted…
“When I stop laughing at ALL of you I will send a proper tweet.”
RAW was a night of shocks and swerves, and the return of Christian can be added to the list. Wade Barrett was scheduled to get his rematch with Curtis Axel for the IC belt, but Vickie Guerrero had other ideas, bringing back Captain Charisma as Barrett’s surprise opponent.
After Christian dodged Barrett – who went careering in to the ring post – he connected with the Killswitch to get a return victory. It looks like we have a new player in the IC title picture.
Bryan has had enough:
Among the most controversial moments of a wild Raw in Michigan was the unexpected stoppage of the Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton contest after the submission expert suffered a “stinger” in the middle of the bout and was deemed unfit to compete by WWE officials, with the final decision coming from WWE COO Triple H himself.
“Whether anybody likes it or not, it’s my job as COO of this company,” confirmed Triple H to WWE.com. “I made the call that Daniel Bryan’s health was important and I called the match.”
“I saw Daniel face-to-face with Triple H, nose to nose, screaming at him, saying that the match should not have been stopped and he’d worked through several injuries over 13 years,” said referee John Cone, who followed Bryan into the locker room area.“Triple H fired back, saying he’s worked through torn quads, but Bryan was saying it was supposed to be the biggest match of his career and it was taken away from him.
“I’d never seen anything like it, they almost came to blows,” elaborated Cone. “Randy stepped in and pulled Daniel Bryan back, it was the craziest thing I’d ever seen backstage.”
- Christian def. Wade Barrett with the Killswitch.
- Team Rhodes Scholars def. Sheamus in a Handicap match.
- Randy Orton def. Daniel Bryan due to match stoppage.
- Stephanie McMahon confronted Divas Champion AJ Lee, but Kaitlyn soon took matters in to her own hands.
- Kane def. U.S. Champion Dean Ambrose via Disqualification, after Rollins & Reigns interfered.
- Antonio Cesaro (with Zeb Colter) def. William Regal.
- Chris Jericho def. Heath Slater.
- Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel def. Sin Cara.
- CM Punk def. World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio via Count-out
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- A locker room discussion between Paul Heyman and CM Punk was released by WWE following Punk’s victory over Jericho last night. It explains why there was distance between the pair during the PPV, with the idea Heyman hadn’t called Punk “his client” until recently, whereas Punk simply wants Heyman to be a friend.“Curtis Axel needs your help. Brock Lesnar needs your help...
– Rob Van Dam’s Superstar profile has already been moved from the “Alumni” section to the main roster section of WWE.com. As noted last night at WWE Payback, Rob Van Dam will be returning to WWE at next month’s Money in the Bank pay-per-view from Philadelphia, PA.
– WWE.com ran an angle last night where Ryback refused medical attention after the Three Stages Of Hell match...
- Here’s footage from WWE’s anti-bullying rally in Chicago last Friday with Hornswoggle, Alicia Fox and Josh Mathews:- WWE posted outtakes from the new Sheamus “1-800-FELLA” commercial:- F4Wonline.com reports that Daniel Bryan was injured in his match with Randy Orton on RAW last night and the finish they did was essentially a shoot as they stopped a match that Bryan was...
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
– John Cena posted the following on Twitter…
I will say this as absolute truth. Every time @WWE has an event in #Chicago @WWEUniverse in #Chicago makes it feel like #WrestleMania
Speaking of John Cena, his feud with Ryback is now over and the plan, as of this weekend, was still to run with Cena vs. Daniel Bryan on top at the Money In The...
- As noted, Rob Van Dam will be returning at WWE’s Money in the Bank pay-per-view. WWE’s website has an article up, speculating if he will be in a Money in the Bank ladder match or what. WWE Superstars gave their thoughts on RVD’s return:
Paul Heyman: “The entire WWE Universe is buzzing about the return of a true one-of-a-kind, Rob Van Dam. And no one, I assure you, no one...
- As noted before, Daniel Bryan legitimately suffered a stinger in his match against Randy Orton on Monday night’s RAW. WWE officials stopped the match because of this.The planned finish had Bryan defeating Orton to help set up Bryan’s main event run this summer.We also noted how WWE’s website aired a video of Triple H explaining that Bryan confronted him about the decision...
- WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross revealed the cover art for WWE's forthcoming "Legends of Mid-South Wrestling" DVD.
The cover art features JYD, Jake Roberts, and Ted DiBiase. The DVD is scheduled for a release in September.
- WWE has announced an expanded partnership between John Cena and Post's "Fruity Pebbles" brand, including Cena starring in a commercial...
After advertising Dean Ambrose vs. Daniel Bryan as this week’s SmackDown main event, WWE changed plans at last night’s tapings and did Bryan vs. Randy Orton as the main event, likely because of the way their match ended on Monday. WWE taped these matches last night in Dayton to air on Friday’s show:
* Wade Barrett vs. Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental Title
* Chris Jericho...
- Thanks to @Briankenobi for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight’s tapings in Dayton, Ohio:
* Daniel Bryan opens SmackDown and talks about how he’s never had a match stopped due to injury like he did on RAW. Bryan says they stopped the match because he is the weakest link. Bryan wants to prove he’s not the weakest link by defeating Randy Orton tonight. Orton comes...
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog entry on JrsBarBq.com. Here are some highlights:
- Until this past Monday’s impassioned promo, I was leaning toward a Ryback victory tonight but today I’m thinking that John Cena retains the WWE Title in the Three Stages of Hell match. This particular match provides me with some amazing memories and gave the King and I the opportunity...
- Triple H is advertised for RAW tonight and will face new Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel if Mr. McMahon’s decision is followed.- CM Punk isn’t listed to show up on tonight’s show and it appears that WWE will continue to play up the mystery of his return. His ally Paul Heyman is advertised.- During last night’s World Championship bout, Dolph Ziggler sustained a number...
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
Last night on RAW, WWE started the CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar feud. The feeling at this time is that their first one on one match will take place at SummerSlam and not Money in the Bank. The company is looking to hold it there for a few reasons.
First of all, the Money in the Bank PPV traditionally does well on its own, and doesn’t need the...
Credit: Terrence Lakey of Rajah
WWE SmackDown (Airing Friday):
Daniel Bryan starts off by talking about Raw on Monday and having his match stopped. He claims he’s never had a match stopped before and feels it only happened because he is considered the “weak link”. Bryan went on to say that Randy Orton should never have accepted the official’s decision but instead he “tapped...
Embedded in the videos below are several highlights from the June 17, 2013 episode of WWE Raw.
CM Punk no longer wants Paul Heyman at ringside for his matches
CM Punk challenges new World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio to a match
Sheamus vs. Team Rhodes Scholars - 2-on-1 Handicap Match
Christian vs. Wade Barrett
Vickie Guerrero explains her decision making to Triple...
- Sheamus def. Damien Sandow, after dishing out three Irish Curse Backbreakers and the Brogue Kick.
- Curtis Axel def. Wade Barrett (c) and The Miz to become the new Intercontinental Champion, after Miz locked Barrett in the Figure Four and Axel capitalized by pinning Barrett’s shoulders.
- AJ Lee def. Kaitlyn (c) to become the new Divas Champion, after Kaitlyn missed the Spear...