- Be sure to vote for the 2011 ROH Year End Awards here. Voting will last until Wednesday, January 4th, 2012. Hurry now and pick from the choices that ROH officials have selected based on a majority vote.
- Ring of Honor officials held a meeting at the ROH headquarters yesterday and discussed and confirmed many things going into 2012. Officials discussed all three ROH Championships in depth including the upcoming title challengers and the location of these championship bouts. As announced today, ROH Television Champion Jay Lethal will challenge for the ROH World Championship against Davey Richards on 1/20 in Philadelphia. “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin was originally slated for this spot due to winning “Survival of the Fittest 2011,” however Truth Martini used his managerial stroke to persuade officials to hold off on Elgin’s championship match. Also discussed was the ROH World Championship status of both Roderick Strong and Eddie Edwards as we enter 2012. It has been determined that both men will have to get a few more credible wins before they are offered another World Championship opportunity.
- The ROH Television Championship was discussed by officials and it has been determined that the title will only be defended on television and iPPV. This has been the unwritten rule for sometime but officials have now confirmed this regulation with proper documentation. Do not expect the TV title to be defended at live events taped exclusively for DVD. With that said, ROH officials are looking at signing Roderick Strong to a ROH TV title match soon. Strong survived the Proving Ground at “Glory by Honor X” when he battled Jay Lethal to a time limit draw.
- Speaking of the Proving Ground, The All Night Express are in line for a World Tag Team Championship match based off of their pinfall victory over Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (before they lost the belts) on the 12/10 edition of “Ring of Honor Wrestling”. ROH officials were looking at signing a huge tag title contest with ANX and the current champions, The Briscoe Brothers in January, however, it is looking like that title opportunity is doubtful given the recent injury to Titus’ knee. Titus underwent surgery for a torn meniscus yesterday and is looking to return as soon as possible, postponing his & Kenny’s title chance until later in the year.
- The men responsible for Rhett Titus’ knee injury are Matt and Nick Jackson, the Young Bucks. A ROH World Tag Team Championship opportunity is also in the future of the Bucks based off their recent win at “Final Battle 2011” in the 5 Team Contenders Gauntlet. By putting ANX on the sidelines, the Bucks definitely have an advantage in the tag division as they set their sites on the biggest prize in all of tag team wrestling.
- Now that he has officially been reinstated in ROH, Kevin Steen has signed a new contract and is confirmed for all of our January events. The addition of Kevin Steen will surely add a layer of unpredictability to ROH as we enter a new year.
- ROH officials have issued heavy fines to various individuals due to their use of illegal objects at “Final Battle 2011.”
- Ring of Honor is excited to hit Baltimore on Saturday, January 7th, 2012 to tape its first “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV of the new year! Signed yesterday, ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe will battle Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin in a Grudge Tag Team Match based off of being on the losing side of the 8-Man Elimination Tag at “Northern Aggression.” A $10,000 cash prize was on the line for the winning team to split amongst themselves and each team has been putting the blame squarely on the shoulders of the other since losing that night. Now, Jay has suggested a side bet of each team’s paydays on the line. The Hot have yet to respond. Stay tuned to ROHWrestling.com for more news on our upcoming TV Taping and to buy tickets click here.
- Be sure to check out the replay of “Final Battle 2011” to see what everyone is talking about. Last Friday’s extravaganza will go down as one of the most memorable nights in the history of Ring of Honor and if you missed it, then you want to click here to purchase the event in its entirety. The ROH athletes put it all on the line at the biggest show of the year and you won’t be disappointed.
Credit – ROHWrestling.com
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/therealjeffpeckDownload my wrestling podcast "The Still Real to Us Show" every Thursday at www.wheelhouseradio.com & www.wrestlechat.net