Found August 28, 2013 on
Santino back in September:
Santino Marella told Live Audio Wrestling that he’ll be back in the ring in September…
“September, early September. Whether it’s the 2nd or the 9th, I don’t know. I’m hoping it’s the 9th, because it’ll be a homecoming for me, born and raised in Mississauga. I would love to hear my music start, and just see the faces of these Torontonians going berzerk. One, because they appreciate the comedy. Two, because there are actually a lot of Italians in Toronto. Plus, I’ll have family and friends in the audience, and that will be a real special moment for me.”
Santino also discussed exactly what his neck injury entailed…
“My neck was bad in March; I had a procedure done called a facet rhizotomy, where they do these injections, and there’s a little axillary nerve that comes off. I basically had several things wrong with my neck; bulging discs, herniated discs, stenosis, degenerating discs, but the one thing that was bugging me at the time was arthritis. Out of all that, arthritis doesn’t even sound cool.
“My neck has been fine basically since that procedure, and I did the whole European tour in April and it didn’t hurt at all. But then when I renegotiated my contract a year ago, I wanted a little bit of time off just to heal my entire body, spend a little time with my family and live a little bit of life. When you’re successful and you’re doing well, you’re really five days a week, six days a week. Sometimes you won’t be home for two or three weeks. I missed a lot of things; I missed a lot of birthdays and baptisms and weddings, and all that kind of stuff. I just wanted to be home a little bit. I tell my friends, ‘You know what’s better than being Santino Marella around the world? Being Anthony Carelli in Mississauga.’”
DiBiase’s new project:
Now that he’s left WWE Ted DiBiase has taken an executive position at internet upstart CollegeGarageSale.com according to the Mississippi Business Journal.
“I loved my career in the WWE and I will forever be thankful for the opportunity to work in that industry,” says DiBiase.
“Leaving a job you love is not easy, but I believe so strongly in the future of CollegeGarageSale.com that I knew it was time to change my focus.”
The website is basically a buy/sell site targeting college students.
Stacy Keibler dating Jared Pobre:
Life & Style magazine is reporting that Stacy Keibler is now dating advertising millionaire Jared Pobre.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Ted DiBiase Jr. announced earlier today that he would be stepping away from the WWE, to be with his family and pursue other interests.
The second generation superstar’s departure from the WWE didn’t come as a surprise for many backstage, who reportedly just “shrugged” it off. DiBiase has reportedly talked about leaving the WWE for some time now, as he was reportedly frustrated...
- The news that Ted DiBiase Jr. is leaving WWE did not come as much of a surprise internally and wasn’t met with much reaction, seen as just a “shrug” to some. Apparently DiBiase had talked privately among some of his co-workers about leaving as of late.
It’s said that DiBiase realized he was stuck in a position on the bottom of the ladder, on the road every week but not...
“The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase released this statement on his son’s decision to leave World Wrestling Entertainment:
“As many of you know, my son, Ted Jr. has decided not to re-sign with the WWE. His decision is not based on dissatisfaction with the WWE, but a decision based on not wanting to spend so much of his life away from his family. I applaud that decision. As...
UPDATE x 2: Several WWE stars have posted reactions and messages to Ted DiBiase following his announcement that he is departing WWE:
Good luck @TedDiBiase I hope to see you soon. Some memorable and fun times together
— Tyson Kidd (@KiddWWE) August 26, 2013
@TedDiBiase: Thank you @WWE and thank you #WWEUniverse! – Love you guys!! http://t.co/ZNeL7f52t2″ Love ya brother!
Several wrestling personalities have commented on the news of Ted DiBiase leaving World Wrestling Entertainment once his contract with the company expires. You can check out the reactions below.
Curt Hawkins: Sad to see @TedDiBiase go. Enjoyed getting to know him better these past few years. Glad we finally got to face off recently too. Good luck.
Curtis Axel: Love ya brother!
- Embedded below is the latest episode of the JBL & Cole Show.
- WWE published an article on Ted DiBiase’s WWE departure. Here is an excerpt from the story:
“As of Sept. 1, Ted DiBiase Jr. will no longer be under contract with WWE. Opting not to renew his contract, DiBiase has chosen to pursue other endeavors outside the sports-entertainment world.
WWE wishes Ted DiBiase...
Justin Credible recently spoke about Ted DiBiase Jr. leaving WWE and more. Here are the highlights…
On ROH TV: I watched ROH TV for the first time, and I was impressed. It was so refreshing to see pro wrestling being presented just like it was meant to be. I enjoyed Kevin Kelly’s, work and the main event of Kevin Steen, Tommaso Ciampa, and Michael Elgin vs Davey Richards, Eddie...
- Ted DiBiase is accepting bookings for autograph signings, conventions, question & answer sessions, seminars, and DiBiase Posse tailgate parties. You can book him at this link.- ESPN’s Bill Simmons advocated for a WWE offseason in a recent podcast. Simmons mentions that it’s hard to believe WWE talents don’t need two months off at times to recuperate from the physicality...
- The Daily Tribune published an article about former WWE Superstar Marc Mero speaking at Cartersville High School in Cartersville, GA yesterday.
- Ted DiBiase is accepting bookings for Autograph signings, Conventions, Question & Answer sessions, Seminars, and DiBiase Posse tailgate parties. You can book him at this link.
- ESPN’s Bill Simmons advocated for a WWE offseason...
- Courtesy of WrestlingDVDNews.com, here is the official synopsis for WWE’s RAW 20th Anniversary box set that comes out later this year:“The 20 Greatest Episodes Uncut Unedited. WWE presents the Raw 20th Anniversary Collection, a 12 DVD set packaged in a deluxe digipak. Includes 20 of the greatest episodes in full on DVD for the first time. Featuring classic matches and moments...
- Embedded below Santino Marella gives a behind the scenes tour of his new wrestling/MMA school ‘Battle Arts Academy’.
- Steve Austin’s guest on his podcast this week will be Jerry “The King” Lawler.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s film “Lore” has appointed David Green as the new director, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film is about a group of secret...
- Embedded below Santino Marella gives a behind the scenes tour of his new wrestling/MMA school 'Battle Arts Academy'.
- Steve Austin's guest on his podcast this week will be Jerry "The King" Lawler.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's film "Lore" has appointed David Green as the new director, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film...