Found April 23, 2013 on
As noted earlier, Shawn Michaels and The New Age Outlaws will be replacing John Cena at three Raw live events next month.
Michaels confirmed on his Twitter that he will simply be accompanying the Outlaws to the ring at those events.
BEST OF MAXIM
I believe wrestling fans we can finally find closure on this subject and find our inner peace. Join me in permanently burying the subject or the notion that current WWE Champion John Cena will ever turn heel for the rest of his career.
According to WWE.com, John Cena will defend the WWE Title against Ryback at the May 19th Extreme Rules PPV.
Here is the WWE.com article:
John Cena persevered through a nearly 18-month title drought before reclaiming the WWE Championship at WrestleMania, but if Ryback has his way, Cena’s 11th WWE Title reign will come to a quick and unceremonious end at Extreme Rules.
Thanks to Ranjit Chahal for his help with some of the following newsbits:
– DX is replacing John Cena at a couple of upcoming live events. The company is doing that to satisfy fans who were hoping to see the WWE Heavyweight Champion in action. Shawn Michaels revealed that he will not be replacing him in the ring, however. The Heartbreak Kid is simply accompanying the New Age Outlaws...
The Rock recently spoke with New York City radio host Peter Rosenberg while promoting his new TV show Hero. Here are the highlights…
Is He Done Wrestling?: “Possibly, to be honest with you. This is exclusive s— right here (laughs),” Johnson said about whether facing John Cena at WrestleMania 29 was his last match. “Possibly. You know, the goal three years ago was – I...
- As noted earlier, The Rock underwent abdominal surgery on Monday after sustaining injuries from his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29. Johnson’s rep confirmed that because of the surgery, Rock was forced to miss the Los Angeles premiere of his new film, Pain and Gain.
Director Michael Bay also commented on the surgery and offered the Rock some advice from the red carpet...
As noted earlier, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson underwent abdominal surgery Monday after sustaining injuries from his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29.
Johnson's rep confirmed that because of the surgery, The Rock was forced to miss the Los Angeles premiere of his new film, Pain and Gain which is scheduled for release this Friday.
Michael Bay also commented on...
– John Cena turns 36 years old today.
– Late pro wrestling legend Terry Gordy was born on this date in 1961. He died on July 16, 2001 of a heart attack caused by a blood clot at the age of 40.
– WWE Hall of Famer Tony Atlas turns 69 years old today.
– There are no pro wrestling shows listed for ESPN Classic tonight.
– Daniel Bryan posted the following on Twitter, noting...
- Triple H was interviewed by Jeff Wilen of the Daytona Beach News-Journal. You can check out footage from the interview below.
- With the SmackDown crew in London, England for this afternoon’s SmackDown, Saturday Morning Slam and Main Event TV tapings, the Raw brand is in Nottingham, England for a live event at the Nottingham Capital FM Arena. WWE Superstars advertised for the...
- Here are some highlights from the latest Jim Ross blog on jrsbarbq.com:
- Ryback had a productive week in his transition to becoming a ‘villain’ and challenging the polarizing, WWE Champion John Cena. I think that these two will have sound chemistry when they meet at the Extreme Rules PPV and wouldn’t be surprised to see Ryback win the WWE Title. Seems as if it is enviable...