Found March 08, 2013 on
The guys over at CAVE magazine got the opportunity to sit down with WWE star The Miz to discuss some of his WWE views as well as his role in the newly released film “The Marine 3: Homefront”. You can read the entire interview HERE.
Here are a few excerpts:
On how he deals with the detractors on his wrestling and film career:
I don’t care how good a movie is, how a good of a WWE superstar you are, or how good you are on the mic – you’re always going to have critics and haters. That’s why my t-shirt says Haters Love Me.
Whether it’s on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, or to your face – you’re always going to deal with those people. But it’s your job to rise above them, have thick skin and let it bounce off of you. Or, let it motivate you.
The haters have always motivated me. Someone told me I couldn’t be on the Real World. I said “I’m going to do it”. People told me I wasn’t big enough to be a WWE superstar. I went and did it. Now, when people say the same thing about movies, I’m going to go out and do it. I always give my best, and I can truly say that I am proud of Marine 3: Homefront. I really worked hard for it.
On balancing working on films and his wrestling career:
The WWE gave me a month off to film. But that was just filming, notpreparing for the role.So, to prepare myself for it, I read the script and said “okay, this guy is an action hero – who are some great action heroes I can take attributes from and combine to make Jake Carter?”.I looked at old school action heroes like Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood. I watched The Good, the Bad, and the Uglyand was like “man, Clint Eastwood doesn’t really do much in a movie”. It’s just his aura, he is a bad-ass. And I said “I want to take that”.
On who his MizTV dream guest would be:
I’ve had great guests on there. I’ve had Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman, CM Punk, John Cena, Zeb Colter, Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio. I’ve had everyone who’s anyone, except for The Rock. I’d like to have him on MizTV. I think it could be something magical and electric.
Once again, these are just excerpts courtesy of CAVE mag. You can read the entire interview HERE
BEST OF MAXIM
The Miz recently spoke with Westword.com and said the following about his character now being a babyface:
“I love the fact that I get to travel all over the world — I’ve gone everywhere all over America. I’ve been to China, Mexico, Europe and Australia. I’ve gotten to see the world through the WWE. Not only that, when I come out onto the stage, I get to hear the reaction...
On Wednesday, The Miz was a guest on NBC Sports Network’s “The Crossover” with Michelle Beadle and Dave Briggs to serve as a judge for a head to head segment between the two hosts on a variety of sports and pop culture topics. You can check out The Miz, Briggs & Beadle in action below at the link below.
Brian Soscia from Mix Philadelphia recently spoke to The Miz. Here are some highlights from the interview.
What it’s like always being out on the road: “Right now I’m in Buffalo. I go to Albany tomorrow. I go to New York City on Wednesday. Thursday I go to LA, which is my home, and then Friday I’m back out to Colorado for more WWE live events. So I really don’t get, you...
– I’ll be doing a LIVE SPECIAL WZR RADIO at 8:15EST. The show will be all about Paul Bearer. Please join us … share your thoughts, phone calls, etc. Go to http://www.WZROnline.com/chat right now and we’ll see you in a few minutes!
– The Miz appeared on The Opie & Anthony Show on Sirius 206/XM 105 today promoting the release of The Marine 3: Homefront on DVD and Blu...
- NBCSports.com has an article on Andy Leavine's football aspirations at this link.
- The Miz was asked what he liked best about wrestling during an interview in Denver,CO with The Westword.
"I love the fact that I get to travel all over the world -- I've gone everywhere all over America," Miz replied. "I've been to China, Mexico, Europe and Australia...
- Hakushi is the newest member of the WWE Alumni page.
- Hollywood Life published an article looking at The Miz's movie, The Marine 3: Homefront. Miz reveals how he prepared for his role in the film.
"[Director] Scott (Wiper) prepared me so much, he sent me like 15 movies of different action heroes and how they did certain things. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly with Clint...
- Hakushi is the newest member of the WWE Alumni page.
- Hollywood Life published an article looking at The Miz’s movie, The Marine 3: Homefront. Miz reveals how he prepared for his role in the film.
“[Director] Scott (Wiper) prepared me so much, he sent me like 15 movies of different action heroes and how they did certain things. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly with Clint Eastwood...
- WWE published an article with comments from The Undertaker’s past opponents. Ric Flair described facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania 18 in 2002 as a “a phenomenal experience,” and discussed his admiration for the Undertaker’s streak.
“No one deserves that position more than him and just the fact that I was able to be there at that point in time was fabulous for me,”...
– WWE has signed Joey Cabray (OMEN) and Rachelle St. Claire (Rachel Walker) to developmental deals. Both have worked for the No Limit Wrestling promotion in Ireland.
– The Miz recently did a new interview about his new starring role in The Marine 3: Homefront. To check out the full interview, click here.
– WWE.com is featuring video of WWE star and current Intercontinental...