Found April 01, 2012 on
The Rock recently was interviewed by BetweenTheRopes.com. Here are a few highlights from the interview.
On John Cena saying the build up has been stressful and whether or not he agrees: “No. It hasn’t been stressing or stressful in any way. I know what John’s talking about, though. For me, it’s been challenging. It’s been challenging for both of us because we set the main event a year in advance. I had to go away to film a few movies. So, the balance was to try and make sure that we kept interest but not in a way that fans got tired of it.
“So, it was trying to find that balance of keep a little bit of interest. Whether it was through social media or whether it was through me doing a quick promo that I was able to send in. Once the last pay-per-view ended and I was able to come back and spend six weeks back, that’s when we were able to ramp things up. It’s been challenging but it’s been fun as well.”
On the pressure of living up to the hype with John Cena:“The pressure was there. We...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Former WWE Superstar Jake “The Snake” Roberts appeared on Busted Open with Doug Mortman and Dave LaGreca, which airs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Sirius 92 and XM 207. Highlights from his interview are as follows:Alice Cooper: It was a real hoot, man! I remember going to do a photo shoot at some hotel in New York City with Alice Cooper getting ready...
– John Cena recently spoke with Washington DC’s CBS affiliate and explained why he called out the rock for having promo notes written on his arm, saying that he simply couldn’t ignore them. “That was something I saw right there. I wouldn’t have even said anything if I didn’t see it,” Cena said. “When I watch TV and I’m in the ‘Gorilla position,’ which is right...
-- As noted late last night here on the website, Jim Ross called the Hell in a Cell match at WrestleMania 28 because The Undertaker requested him several weeks back.
-- Joey Styles announced on Facebook last night that the infamous match between Terry Funk, Sabu and Shane Douglas from “The Night The Line Was Crossed” will be included on the new “ECW UNRELEASED – Volume...
John Cena called The Rock out to the ring at the conclusion of Monday’s Raw SuperShow, but was instead greeted with a brutal F5 courtesy of Brock Lesnar. WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross addressed the recently-retired mixed martial artist’s shocking return to sports entertainment.“Why’s Brock Lesnar back? I’d suggest 2 earn BIG money. He’s done w/ UFC & still young. He’s...
Jim Ross returned to the announcers tale tonight and called Hell in a Cell between Triple H and The Undertaker. Ross wrote the following about John Cena vs. The Rock:
“@TheRock and @JohnCena working their asses off. I’m calling it in my head. Is that sick or what?”
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/therealjeffpeckDownload my wrestling podcast "The Still Real to...
- Below is video of John Cena, Layla and Sheamus at the Make-A-Wish Pizza Party in Miami yesterday:
- “#ThankYouEdge” was trending worldwide last night on Twitter during the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony and Edge’s induction.
- Joey Styles wrote the following on Twitter last night about Mike Tyson’s induction speech:
“OMF’NG! Best #WWEHOF speech ever by @MikeTyson! Too bad...
John Cena says that he’s turned down movie roles in order to stay full-time with WWE. Cena told the Toronto Sun that he has passed on “a lot of stuff” with the goal of being WWE champion again.
“I don’t want to be an actor, I want to be a WWE champion and I want to be the best that I can be,” he said. “If a part comes up and I have to make a choice between that and...
John Cena recently spoke with Chad Dukes of CBS Radio and continued his attack on The Rock. Here are the highlights…
“The problem I have with Dwayne is the problem I’ve always had — you say you dig the gig, then f’n show up. That’s the animosity I think a lot of our guys have.
Showing up for the important (dates) is fine, but when you show up for the important ones don’t...
- Former WWE and UFC Champion Brock Lesnar made his return to WWE on tonight’s RAW Supershow from the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida.
Lesnar appeared when John Cena invited The Rock out to close the show. During Cena’s promo, the crowd had chanted for Lesnar twice.
Lesnar laid Cena out with the F5 to end the show.
This one is slightly clearer, but the volume is a bit low.
FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK using key word "WrestleChat" and on TWITTER at Twitter.com/WrestleChatNetAlso, follow me personally on twitter at Twitter.com/Brettley916!
- WWE had been advertising John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus vs. Kane, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho as the dark main event after last night’s RAW Supershow in Miami, Florida.
The match ended up being a six-man match as Punk, Cena, Henry and Jericho did not participate.
The dark main event last night saw Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big...
- Brian Fritz of BetweenTheRopes.com conducted interesting interviews with several WWE Superstars this weekend. You can watch below:
DIRECT LINK: Must See Personal Beach Pic of Maryse in Miami – Busty!
- WWE announced the following:“Stay on WWE’s official Facebook page beginning at 7 PM TONIGHT for live coverage of the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, featuring Edge, Mike Tyson & more!”We will have live, detailed coverage from our correspondents at the Hall of Fame beginning at 7pm EST tonight. Stay tuned for full coverage.- The Rock reportedly has several backstage...
- Steve Austin wrote the following about the Hell in a Cell match at WrestleMania 28:
“Well that was damn sure worth $65 bucks. Great F’n story. Brutality personified. HBK tremendous addition to drama. Hats off to Taker/HHH.”
- WWE has released new WrestleMania Champion t-shirts for CM Punk and Sheamus. Also released is a new Hall of Fame t-shirt for Edge, commemorative plaques...
(source feed provided no summary content for this entry)