Found December 10, 2012 on
Tonight’s WWE RAW will take place from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Confirmed for tonight’s show is an appearance by Vince McMahon and The Muppets as Social Media Ambassadors. We also know that injured WWE Champion CM Punk will be appearing. Advertised locally is Big Show and Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus and John Cena plus Ryback vs. CM Punk, which will likely be changed.
WWE is focusing on the following points for tonight:
* With CM Punk injured, will we know more about the fate of the WWE Title?
* Is John Cena set to capture the World Heavyweight Title?
* Who is next in The Shield’s sights?
* Will AJ Lee pick up another win in the Divas division?
* Which WWE Superstar needs to gain momentum the most going into TLC?
FOLLOW US on TWITTER at Twitter.com/WrestleChatNet and LIKE US on FACEBOOK using key word "WrestleChat".
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- Tonight’s WWE RAW will take place from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Confirmed for tonight’s show is an appearance by Vince McMahon and The Muppets as Social Media Ambassadors. We also know that injured WWE Champion CM Punk will be appearing. Advertised locally is Big Show and Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus and John Cena plus Ryback vs. CM Punk, which will likely...
John Cena and had a back and forth on Twitter today, playing up their romantic storyline.
AJ tweeted on Monday night after RAW: "New Jersey Screw Job."
Cena replied this morning: "I would have called it N.J. intimate time, but to each their own."
AJ replied with: "Well that was a soft ball."
Cena replied with: "Soft balls, @WWEAJLee...
- The Fighting Spirit Magazine is featuring quotes on Steve Austin talking about Vince McMahon taking bumps. Here is an excerpt from the article.
“At 67 years of age, there may be a few people wondering why Vince keeps putting himself out there in harm’s way, like when he brawled with CM Punk recently on Raw,” Austin wrote. “Personally, I don’t think he relies on himself...
- WWE published an interview with AJ Lee about the latest DLC Pack for WWE ’13. The website mentioned during the interview that John Cena pegged her and Kofi Kingston as the gamers to watch, and asked her if she had shown Cena any moves.
“[Nervous laughter] I’ve shown him a lot of moves, but he’s probably not a better gamer.”
- As noted earlier, Steve Austin’s next film...
WWE week on USA Network:
Next week on the USA Network is being promoted as WWE week, starting with this year’s Slammy Awards episode of Raw.
- Tuesday will be commercial free Super SmackDown Live.
- Wednesday is the 10th annual Tribute To The Troops.
- Thursday World Heavyweight Champion The Big Show will guest star on Burn Notice.
- Friday CM Punk will host The Rock’s movie...
– WWE.com is featuring an article looking back at the most memorable Jewish stars in the industry including Paul Heyman, Bill Goldberg, Scotty Goldman (Colt Cabana) and Barry Horowitz.
– The 12/7 WWE SmackDown on Syfy drew 2.54 million viewers. This is up slightly from last week’s show that drew 2.53 million viewers. The final rating will be out shortly.
– MVP recently...
- WWE taped the following matches to air on this year’s Tribute to The Troops. The special will air on the USA Network December 19th and NBC December 22nd.
* Dolph Ziggler and Big Show vs. Randy Orton and Sheamus
* Ryback vs. Alberto Del Rio
* Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre vs. Kane, Daniel Bryan and R-Truth
* MizTV with The Muppets
* Damien Sandow vs. The Miz
- WWE taped the 2012 Tribute to The Troops last night in Norfolk, Virginia. The special will air December 19th on the USA Network and December 22nd on NBC.
Here are some reactions from the WWE Superstars and Divas:
John Cena: “Wonderful weekend at Naval Station Norfolk. Thanks to all involved. Steel horse headed to Newark for @WWE #Raw”
Zack Ryder: “Tonight we filmed Tribute...
The following is on tap for tonight’s edition of WWE Monday Night RAW…
* The final build to the TLC PPV.
* CM Punk is still scheduled to appear on RAW following last week’s surgery
* Vince McMahon is also scheduled to appear tonight.
* Mick Foley is in the area and may appear on tonight’s show.
* The Muppets are the social media ambassadors for the show.
* Punk vs. Ryback...
- There were apparent attendance problems at last night’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Bridgeport, Connecticut. One fan estimated under 2,000 fans in attendance and noted that it seemed like half of the seats were tarped off.
- During last night’s SmackDown tapings, WWE had been advertising a face-off between TLC opponents Dolph Ziggler and John Cena but that segment never happened...
- Former WWE developmental talent Brian Jack has filed a lawsuit against WWE, Vince McMahon, Dr. James Andrews, John Laurinaitis, Ty Bailey, Kristin Actman, Santino Marella, Beth Phoenix, Shed Media USA and Kwik Trip Inc. Here are some details from the lawsuit:
* He alleges he told WWE officials of hazing, sexual harassment and threats while working in developmental but was told...
– Altoonamirror.com is featuring an interview with WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart where he talks about the tragedy involving the death of his brother Owen Hart. I think that in the end when you weigh it all up, I’m grateful for all wrestling gave me, and I think my dad and brother Owen would say the same thing. I’m proud of everything I did. After dealing with what happened with...
- This could always change but at last word, there are no title changes planned for WWE’s TLC pay-per-view. Right now champions scheduled to defend include United States Champion Antonio Cesaro, Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston and World Heavyweight Champion Big Show.
Internally, Dolph Ziggler is expected to retain his Money in the Bank briefcase against John Cena.
- The Rolling Stones’s “One More Shot” PPV presented by WWE will also feature performances by Bruce Springsteen, the Black Keys, and Lady Gaga. WWE has already announced a partnership with E! for a pre-PPV red-carpet event and a partnership with Yahoo to broadcast the event over the Internet.
The PPV airs Saturday night at 9:00 p.m. EST from the Prudential Center in Newark...