Found October 29, 2013 on
Between The Ropes:
For the first week back on WWE Monday Night Raw, John Cena made an impact on the ratings. It was announced that Raw did a 2.98 rating with an average of 4.15 million viewers. That is up from last weekâs 2.71 rating with an average of 3.82 million.
Cena who hadnât been on Raw in about two months opened up the show cutting a promo about his world heavyweight championship victory over Alberto Del Rio at Sundayâs Hell In A Cell pay-per-view. While Cena was cutting the apromo, Money In The Bank winner Damien Sandow came out and cashed in his briefcase for a shot at the title.
In what was a very good match, Cena emerged victorious.
The real indication will be next week as it will be Cenaâs second week back. Will the next weekâs rating increase, decrease or stay the same?
Follow Between The Ropes on Facebook and Twitter.
The post WWE Monday Night Raw Rating Up From Last Week appeared first on Between The Ropes.
BEST OF MAXIM
- WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog entry about last nightâs Hell In a Cell pay-per-view. Here are some highlights from this entry:Opening match: The opening tag match was arguably my favorite match of the night. Lots of action and perhaps even too much action outside the ring for a first bout when considering what was coming with the HIAC being used twice later...
- Embedded in the video below is this week's Raw Backstage Fallout. The episode features John Cena talking about Damien Sandow's Money in the Bank Cash In attempt, The Real Americans on their victory, and the Great Khali offers his strategic analysis over Natalya's victory over Summer Rae.
- Monday's Raw scored 283,796 in social media activity, which is up 68.5...
WWE has announced on their website that the opening segment of tonight's Raw will feature the newly crowned World Heavyweight Champion John Cena addressing the live audience in Miami. Here is an excerpt from their announcement:
"Some said he returned too soon. Others claimed Alberto Del Rio would show no mercy on John Cena's ailing left arm. At Hell in a Cell, see how...
Damien Sandow spoke with SLAM! Wrestling before he cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase about being able to get a reaction from the crowd.
"It's funny you say reaction, because it's essentially the only reason we do what we do," Sandow said. "If you look at some of the top, top names, if you look at their style, it is a style geared towards getting the...
- Nikki Bella confirmed on Twitter that sheâs now living in Tampa with boyfriend John Cena. The WWE Total Divas mid-season finale ended with Cena asking Nikki to move in with him.
- WWE had several NXT stars signing autographs and meeting fans at Monday and Tuesdayâs TV events. Here is a photo of NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension along with NXT Champion Bo Dallas and NXT Womenâs...
- WWE has announced on their website that the opening segment of tonightâs RAW will feature the newly crowned World Heavyweight Champion John Cena addressing the live audience in Orlando. Here is an excerpt from their announcement:
âSome said he returned too soon. Others claimed Alberto Del Rio would show no mercy on John Cenaâs ailing left arm. At Hell in a Cell, see how Cena...
- Tonightâs WWE RAW takes place from the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida with the fallout from Hell In a Cell. No matches have been announced for tonightâs show but itâs expected that Vince McMahon will be returning. John Cena will also be making his RAW return with the World Heavyweight Title. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton and Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio is being advertised locally...
Credit â ProWrestling.net
Smackdown begins with a John Cena recap video. Cena cut a promo â âWant Some? Come get some.âÂ The Real Americans interrupted him.Â Zeb Colter called Cena a Patriot and thanked him for beating Alberto Del Rio. He asked Cena to join The Real Americans. Cena cuts a funny promo on them.
Damien Sandow interrupts them all and vows to end the Cena Era...
- There were two scripts for this week's Raw, one that featured Vince McMahon and another that didn't. Obviously, the one without Vince ended up being used, although Vince is expected to return to television very soon.
- John Cena hyped his appearance at tonight's WWE taping in Tampa, FL, writing on Twitter, "Big #TampaTuesday 2nite!! @WWEUniverse @WWE back for...
Reddit user Dolphins1925, who has for the most part correctly posted the winners for several recent WWE pay-per-views, predicted the winners correctly for Sundayâs Hell In a Cell pay-per-view.
However, he incorrectly wrote that Damien Sandow would be cashing in his Money In the Bank briefcase. Regarding that error, he wrote:
âRegarding the Sandow cash in, I post information I...
- Kane returned to action at tonightâs WWE Hell In a Cell pay-per-view, making the save for The Miz while Erick Rowan and Luke Harper of The Wyatt Family beat him down. Kane ended the segment by laying The Miz out with a chokeslam. Here is a photo:
- John Cena became the new World Heavyweight Champion at tonightâs Hell In a Cell pay-per-view by defeating Alberto Del Rio. Here...
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
Stephanie McMahon recently took to Twitter to announce some top items for tonightâs post-Hell In A Cell edition of WWE RAW.
Check out Stephanieâs new tweet below:
Tonight @RandyOrton Championship Celebration! Plus, John Cena, the new World Champion returns to #Raw for the 1st time in over 2 months!
One source within WWE claims that the expectation...
Tonightâs WWE Main Event and SmackDown tapings will take place from the Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, Florida.
All the top stars including new World Heavyweight Champion John Cena are advertised.
Advertised locally isÂ Daniel BryanÂ vs. Randy Orton and Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio.