Found August 22, 2013 on
Between The Ropes:
Former 13 time world champion John Cena made his first comments today since his triceps surgery on Tuesday. Cena told WWE.com that he wants to be healthy and put rumors to rest about being at WrestleMania 30 in April.
“I plan on using the next couple months to rehab and get healthy as I can, as quickly as I can,” said Cena. “My goal is to return to WWE healthy and strong, and since my expected time away is only six months, this shouldn’t affect WrestleMania.”
It has been a very good time for WWE recently given the rise of Daniel Bryan and the storyline with Paul Heyman and CM Punk. Even though he won’t be in the ring, Cena is looking forward to seeing what will happen during his time away.
“WWE has never been and never will be dependent on one man, with the exception of Mr. McMahon,” he added. “In the coming weeks, WWE will be filled with exciting programming as always, and I’ll have the best seat in the house! Let’s see who captivates the WWE Universe.”
We will keep you updated on Cen
BEST OF MAXIM
– In an update to the story of CM Punk verbally attacking the fan this past Monday on RAW, he was said to be in a “grumpy mood” at the taping and pretty much took it out on the fan. According to someone who attended the show, the fan was in no way over the top in the way he was going after Punk, and while WWE doesn’t really like babyfaces bashing fans, it did add to the segment...
Daniel Bryan spoke with Sam Roberts prior to SummerSlam about his recent fame, growing out his beard, what makes a WWE Superstar, and adapting to the WWE in-ring style.
Cena has surgery and addresses fans:
John Cena underwent successful triceps surgery today under WWE Doctor James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama. Cena Tweeted:
“Surgery went very well, Dr Andrews has more than done his part, now I will do mine.”
Speaking of Cena he was this year’s Pro Wrestling Illustrated number one on the PWI 500… “Even after celebrating 11 years on WWE...
- Ryback is in line for a major push coming out of his current bullying gimmick. Those who work in WWE merchandising have been told to go heavy on coming up with ideas for him. Usually when they get that word it means not just a big push but a babyface turn.
- WWE apparently changed the planned finish to the CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match in the middle of last week. This...
When you think back of when Stone Cold Steve Austin was feuding with Mr. McMahon and the Corporation, how many times did Austin get knocked down? The better question is how many times did Stone Cold Steve Austin become WWE Champion during that time?
The idea of the Corporation will become the biggest storyline in the company and the wrestling business this year. While TNA is struggling to stay afloat, the WWE continues to be innovative, even if it takes awhile for the innovation to be made clear.
– Following his surgery on Wednesday to repair a torn tricep, John Cena spoke with WWE.com and had the following comments:“I plan on using the next couple months to rehab and get healthy as I can, as quickly as I can. My goal is to return to WWE healthy and strong, and since my expected time away is only six months, this shouldn’t affect WrestleMania.”In terms of how the...
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog entry on JrsBarBq.com. Here are some highlights.
Daniel Bryan not leaving SummerSlam with the WWE Championship: “Daniel Bryan may be more popular today than if he had actually won the WWE Title at Summer Slam. Bryan will now apparently chase new Champ Randy Orton and the thrill of the fan favorite chasing the antagonist has always...
– WWE is advertising the following for the California-set house tour this weekend:
In addition, Rey Mysterio is set for the Friday show in Fresno according to the arena’s website.
– The company’s other tour this weekend runs through through New Mexico and has advertised:
Alberto Del Rio
– Below are highlights from Jim Ross’ latest Q&A session…On whether he was drunk at the WWE 2K14 symposium: “I wasn’t but thanks for asking.”On Daniel Bryan not holding the WWE Title for more than a minute: “I think Bryan is more popular today than he ever has been. I’ll enjoy the chase.”On the Undertaker’s reaction after Hell In A Cell match at King Of The...
- Embedded in the video below, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Dolph Ziggler and Paul Heyman weigh in on the authenticity of the upcoming WWE 2K14 video game—scheduled for release on October 29, 2013 in North America and November 1 in Europe.
- Michael Cole revealed in a video on WWE.com that he will be the official voice of the game.
- Diamond Dallas Page is currently featured...
Recap of SummerSlam. Bryan beat Cena cleanly for the WWE Championship. Orton came out with his MITB case. Triple H hit the pedigree on Bryan and Orton cashed in his MITB case to win the WWE Championship from Bryan. On RAW Trip, Steph, McMahon and Orton were in the ring showing their power and ego. Bryan out, but The Shield, outside the ring, took out Bryan. Finally Bryan made...
Embedded in the videos below are highlights from the August 23, 2013 episode of WWE SmackDown.
Darren Young vs. Antonio Cesaro
Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett – Steel Cage Match
Mark Henry & Big Show vs. 3MB – 2-on-3 Handicap Match